Tony Mitchell

He did not seem to have his normal jumping ability or energy tonight. I watched the painful last two minutes again. I don't think Tony realized the missed free throw was a one and one as he did not initially block out or jump for the ball and the put back by WKU was a killer.

He did not seem to have his normal jumping ability or energy tonight. I watched the painful last two minutes again. I don't think Tony realized the missed free throw was a one and one as he did not initially block out or jump for the ball and the put back by WKU was a killer.

You are correct. Mental error.

Freaking freshmen!!!

I was standing there and saw the entire thing. Tony was sitting on the ground after the game despondent about the loss and feeling he had let down the team. After being consoled by his teammates and Coach Forrest and Jones he went to get his award. The guy was visibly in pain and disappointed and it took him a moment to compose himself and get to the podium and accept his award, but in the the end he did and that's it. The kid has been nothing but a class act down for this entire tournament. GMG

The only thing that really worries me about him is that he seems to try too hard sometimes; like the ball will get turned over and instead of getting back downcourt to play defense, he'll try to steal the ball back. I think the prescription of some, to maybe be more serious or whatever, may be the exact opposite of what he needs, which could be to play looser.

The talent is there to see, but there is so much talent that doesn't get people where they want to be. Like people said, he hasn't played enough yet to gain the knowledge and skill that he needs. Just wait.

Well lets criticize the guy as a freshman that deserved and should have won the POY of the conference. I don't know if some of you even watched the game, the WKU center was on fire and outplayed everyone on the court. I think it was more a case of a player having an outstanding more night than it was poor defense.

I would be a lot more worried about a team that has the best player in the league being unable to get him the ball on a consistent basis and a offense that still relies way too much on the outside shoot.

Exactly. That was the gimme killer. Sure as Hell killed me watching it take place.

I was standing there and saw the entire thing. Tony was sitting on the ground after the game despondent about the loss and feeling he had let down the team. After being consoled by his teammates and Coach Forrest and Jones he went to get his award. The guy was visibly in pain and disappointed and it took him a moment to compose himself and get to the podium and accept his award, but in the the end he did and that's it. The kid has been nothing but a class act down for this entire tournament. GMG

I agree. He's a total class act, and we all have to accept the fact that he is a 19 year old just getting started in the college game. I have no doubt that his great all around talent will show itself EVEN MORE next season. We all have to taste a little losing in life before we win.

I really hope all of you guys are correct about him coming back. Just because UNT lost this game does not really mean he's definitely coming back. If some scout thinks their team can polish his raw abilities, he'll be drafted. Simple as that.

Mitchell is a special player. He definitely has more to learn. I hope he's wearing Green next year... sorry bstn, I don't mean Celtic green.

Also, if he DOES come back...

This is the kind of feeling he won't forget. If he's anything like me, he'll carry this feeling as motivation through the offseason and work hard. He'll remember this feeling during the next season trying to position UNT to get the highest seed in the conference tourney. He'll remember this feeling as he pounds WKU during the regular season for 30 & 20. He'll remember this feeling as he lets it all out during next season's tourney.

He's already a freak of nature as it is. Now, T-Mitch has a chip on his shoulder. The NCAA had better watch out next season if he returns. Mitchell is now truly "on a mission".

• Upvote 2

He just pretty much got outplayed most of the game. But that is ok....I think we all forget that the guy was just put out there in the middle of December without playing any real in game basketball in over a year or so. Plus he is a very young kid and has a lot to learn not only in his game but mentally as well. He's been awesome for us and we're lucky to have him...I mean the pub we've gotten since December is priceless in my opinion. Don't think other potential high level recruits aren't looking at our program in Denton and maybe thinking hey I don't mind playing for the Mean Green one day.

I hate NBA basetball. I love college basketball. The raw emotion and will to win that the players all seem to play with every game is the reason why. The players care more all game, every game in college and it doesn't feel the same way in the pros. There is nothing wrong with our best player hurting after a loss, it should hurt!

• Upvote 3