2012 Mean Green Football Schedule

time to get over the effing schedule and either do something about it or just enjoy it as best you can. seven effing pages of bitching...enough!!! take advantage of the five games that we do get and make a road game or two if you aren't happy...damn...

Nothing like complaining about the lenght of a thread by adding to it. Whether I or anyone else goes to an away game has nothing to do with the home schedule.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This really does stink. Even taking off work to make the Tuesday game, the out-of-town fans have to take another day to get back home. Then four games where we just pray Mother Nature smiles on Apogee. This was our first year to enjoy Apogee and UNT football, and were looking forward to this season, but this schedule just stinks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

17 years from now, you'll still be a fan whining about the latest ant piss to rain on UNT athletics. 17 years later, we are still here!

zion01.jpg

2 wrongs (1995 & 2012) have not made a right.

Are we supposed to sit around and not produce 7 pages of valid points detailing why this schedule is horrible? Join me and we shall spend the next 17 years debating the 2012 football season.

Can you count.....

the-warriors-1b.jpg

You guys on this board can be really weird sometimes, there will never be any satisfying you guys...we have a rare guaranteed win vs. TSU and then a nationally televised game at Apogee, then on top of that easy drives to Houston and Monroe. Oh and its not like Kstate is not beatable. I just don't get you all.

• Upvote 1

Agreed. This program and everyone around it has had a losing mindset for so long that it is a self fulfilling prophecy.

In 94 our team was never told we should lose nor did we think we would. If you remember we barely lost to Boise State in the playoffs and they went on to play in the national championship that year. The teams of the early 2000s were good as well.

This team needs support and a winners mentality. We have the coaches and players to get this ship steered straight. We can and better damn well go to a bowl game this year.

Well, now that some time has elapsed since the schedule was announced, it still baffles me that we only have five home games, but as there is nothing to be done about it now, it seems to be time to figure out how to fill Apogee for each of those five games. The ESPN Tuesday game will be a great time to show off Apogee and UNT to a national audience. That is a real positive, and I think our students and Alums...and perhaps the city...will get behind this game and those predicting doom and gloom for this game will be surprised at the success. Plenty of schools have seen these weekday games and have had great success with them. I see no reason why it cannot be the same for the Mean Green.

Lots of time to plan, to get people on board and excited for the game. Mid-week game = different experience....different does not mean that it cannot be a packed house and tons of fun. Plan now...be there! Heck, if you miss this one, you will have missed twenty percent of the home schedule. It is going to be exciting.....start praying now for great weather and no Rangers playoff game!

Just five home games and not a very attractive home schedule seems like such a waste of a beautiful facility like Apogee. Just my thought.

This is my thought as well. 5 home games, one on a Tuesday night (during the winding down of Rangers baseball), and one against Texas Southern... it's just a little disappointing. I have high hopes for NT football and, while it will take some time to achieve some things, this schedule feels like a sizable step back.

I get it. This is a terrible home schedule. Overall, we've had worse but yes, two (maybe three) of the home games suck. One thing in favor is that the two conference games that probably mean the most to us, Louisiana and Arkansas State, are here and one is on national TV.

Look, I've got a helluva lot less time to watch games at Apogee than the rest of the posters on this board and I can deal with it. I don't like it but I can deal with it. Hopefully, this is the last time that this will happen. I'm sure that it won't happen again to this degree. Maybe...just maybe...we will have more attractive home conference games in the future and we will have that to help sell this current year disaster.

Now, to offset the poor home OOC schedule I wish that the AD would give us discounted tickets for LSU, Houston, or Kansas State as a sort of second OOC "home" game. I'll send RV an e-mail to that effect and I hope that some of you will also.

Just grit your teeth, grin and bear it. We'll all get over it in time. This should be a very good year to the tune of seven or eight wins. I can feel it in my bones.

I get it. This is a terrible home schedule. Overall, we've had worse but yes, two (maybe three) of the home games suck. One thing in favor is that the two conference games that probably mean the most to us, Louisiana and Arkansas State, are here and one is on national TV.

Look, I've got a helluva lot less time to watch games at Apogee than the rest of the posters on this board and I can deal with it. I don't like it but I can deal with it. Hopefully, this is the last time that this will happen. I'm sure that it won't happen again to this degree. Maybe...just maybe...we will have more attractive home conference games in the future and we will have that to help sell this current year disaster.

Now, to offset the poor home OOC schedule I wish that the AD would give us discounted tickets for LSU, Houston, or Kansas State as a sort of second OOC "home" game. I'll send RV an e-mail to that effect and I hope that some of you will also.

Just grit your teeth, grin and bear it. We'll all get over it in time. This should be a very good year to the tune of seven or eight wins. I can feel it in my bones.

I knew I liked you Gray...very wise statement

I really cant see us averaging 15,000 a game this year in attendance--unless we beat one of the three big OOC teams on the road. I think we will go 1-3 in OOC, then in conference play, we will beat USA, Troy, FAU, MTSU, and one of the games at home against ASU or ULL, as well as one of the games at WKU or ULM. We should finish 7-5, but I wonder if we will get to a bowl game, as WKU got left out this past year with the same record, IIRC. I guess it will depend on who we beat. Heck, at 6-2 in the SBC, we might win the whole thing. But the saddest part will be the attendance--no matter how good we are, if we get killed by LSU (most likely), and the UH and K-State beat us pretty badly, our SBC games aren't going to get too many folks out to Apogee.

I hate this schedule, but I will be at every game, with the rowdies in 208, no matter what day or time we play and no matter who the opponent is.

I was in 208 for the Houston game last year and now my wife regrets going with me. Needless to say, I talked a lot of s#*t.

I really cant see us averaging 15,000 a game this year in attendance--unless we beat one of the three big OOC teams on the road. I think we will go 1-3 in OOC, then in conference play, we will beat USA, Troy, FAU, MTSU, and one of the games at home against ASU or ULL, as well as one of the games at WKU or ULM. We should finish 7-5, but I wonder if we will get to a bowl game, as WKU got left out this past year with the same record, IIRC. I guess it will depend on who we beat. Heck, at 6-2 in the SBC, we might win the whole thing. But the saddest part will be the attendance--no matter how good we are, if we get killed by LSU (most likely), and the UH and K-State beat us pretty badly, our SBC games aren't going to get too many folks out to Apogee.

Nope. Especially not with the ESPN game. Only games last year under 15K were FAU and MTSU. We will beat UH. So take that up to 8-4.