Oct. 6 at Houston

Oct. 16 Louisiana-Lafayette*

Oct. 27 at Middle Tennessee*

Nov. 3 Arkansas State* (Homecoming)

Nov. 10 South Alabama*

Nov. 17 at Louisiana-Monroe*

Nov. 24 at Western Kentucky*

• Upvote 1

I despise weekday games, even for a TV opportunity. I wonder how bad northbound traffic will be on 35E that night. :ermm:

Right. Out of my own greed, I wish the televised game was an away game, so I could watch it with ESPN/2 quality.

BUT, I understand the magnitude of having ESPN at Apogee, and for that, I'm extatic! Maybe with their camera crews enjoying the state of the art complex, they would put in a good word for us in conf. re-alignment talks...

Right. Out of my own greed, I wish the televised game was an away game, so I could watch it with ESPN/2 quality.

BUT, I understand the magnitude of having ESPN at Apogee, and for that, I'm extatic! Maybe with their camera crews enjoying the state of the art complex, they would put in a good word for us in conf. re-alignment talks...

I am more worried about getting a good sized crowd into the stadium. A Tuesday night game with hopefully a 7 PM kick-off won't be doing the program very many favors.

• Upvote 2

So we got shorted a home game and we have a weekday game. So, basically we have 4 chances to tailgate for real. I guess me, THOR, and UNT90GRAD are going to have blow it out on Saturdays. :)

• Upvote 3

2012 North Texas Football Schedule

Date Opponent

Sept. 1 at LSU

Sept. 8 Texas Southern

Sept. 15 at Kansas State

Sept. 22 Troy* (Family Weekend)

Sept. 29 at FAU*

Oct. 6 at Houston

Oct. 16 Louisiana-Lafayette*

Oct. 27 at Middle Tennessee*

Nov. 3 Arkansas State* (Homecoming)

Nov. 10 South Alabama*

Nov. 17 at Louisiana-Monroe*

Nov. 24 at Western Kentucky*

Am I the only one that thinks this schedule sucks? Our only OOC home game is against Tx Southern? I predict our average attendance this season will drop substantially.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

We're just going to have to convince people to take a half day off, sort of like when the Ballpark opens etc. I actually think this would be beneficial as far as getting students there. And as usual, a big non conference win and/or solid performances don't hurt.

We're just going to have to convince people to take a half day off, sort of like when the Ballpark opens etc. I actually think this would be beneficial as far as getting students there. And as usual, a big non conference win and/or solid performances don't hurt.

You better believe that if we come away from Houston with a win, Apogee will be rocking for ESPN/2. Weekday or not.

• Upvote 2

Am I the only one that thinks this schedule sucks? Our only OOC home game is against Tx Southern? I predict our average attendance this season will drop substantially.

I'm glad somebody said what I was thinking! +1 to you my friend.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

So we got shorted a home game and we have a weekday game. So, basically we have 4 chances to tailgate for real. I guess me, THOR, and UNT90GRAD are going to have blow it out on Saturdays. :)

ummm...5 tailgating chances...i'm taking off that day...and probably the day after!!!

• Upvote 1

That's a pretty tall order Harry. Hopefully we can win 2 of 3 against Troy, FAU, and Houston in addition to beating Texas Southern and go into the game with a 3-3 record.

That's a pretty tall order Harry. Hopefully we can win 2 of 3 against Troy, FAU, and Houston in addition to beating Texas Southern and go into the game with a 3-3 record.

My thoughts exactly. If we go into this game 1-5 or even 2-4 we're going to have some major attendence problems.