Getting a Bye in Hot Springs

kalebschumann

As far as I can tell- we're competing with South Alambama and Florida Atlantic for the 5th seed that would give us a bye...

Who are we rooting for in the Fla Atl vs. USA game tonight? Additionally- how do tie-breakers work? Do we need to win one more game to lock it in for sure? Or is there a way we lose both games and still get the bye?

As far as I can tell- we're competing with South Alambama and Florida Atlantic for the 5th seed that would give us a bye...

Who are we rooting for in the Fla Atl vs. USA game tonight? Additionally- how do tie-breakers work? Do we need to win one more game to lock it in for sure? Or is there a way we lose both games and still get the bye?

we have the tiebreaker with USA, not with FAU

• Upvote 1

Looking at the bracket is the 5th seed bye really the best option?

I know playing a 4th game is rough, but getting the 6th seed you open with the 11th seed (Troy?). Then you move on to the 3rd seed (lafayette), 2nd seed (little Rock), and then the Championship game.

5th seed bye sets you up to play Middle in the semis.

Again i know the 4 in 4 days is rough, but if your playing the 11th seed and we can win convincingly and not have to push our guys so much that side of the bracket would set up much more favorably for us then the Middle side.

• Upvote 2

I think I'd rather be the 6 seed . We get by Troy & face a team that has to beat us for the 3rd time in ULL. I don't care who it is , it's hard to beat someone 3 times in 1 season. Make it the final 4 & anything can happen. I also think whoever has mtsu has a mental edge. They already will have the NIT bid & so may feel less pressure.

When is the last time a regular season champ went on to win the Tournament ?

This sir, is the million dollar question. The first step is to throw logic out the window. Then, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

• Upvote 2

Looking at the bracket is the 5th seed bye really the best option?

I know playing a 4th game is rough, but getting the 6th seed you open with the 11th seed (Troy?). Then you move on to the 3rd seed (lafayette), 2nd seed (little Rock), and then the Championship game.

5th seed bye sets you up to play Middle in the semis.

Again i know the 4 in 4 days is rough, but if your playing the 11th seed and we can win convincingly and not have to push our guys so much that side of the bracket would set up much more favorably for us then the Middle side.

I think you may well be on to something here...well played, Sir. Food for thought, Indeed.

When is the last time a regular season champ went on to win the Tournament ?

We tied for the regular season title in 2010. Outright regular season champs...then I think that was 2009 (didn't WKU win the regular season that year?). We were the 4 seed and played WKU in the semis if my memory serves.

I like the matchups but still can't favor playing 4 games in 4 days with the depth issues this team is facing.

• Upvote 2

We tied for the regular season title in 2010. Outright regular season champs...then I think that was 2009 (didn't WKU win the regular season that year?). We were the 4 seed and played WKU in the semis if my memory serves.

Since NIT gave conference champs auto bids, has the SunBelt regular season champ went on to win tourney?

That's what I was trying to think of

I take it back , i'd rather be the 5 seed & face Denver in the 2nd round. They have never played well @ Hot Springs. They have nobody who can even remotely guard TM. They also aren't a physical team so TM in foul trouble is less likely. You just have to hope they dont get hot from the outside.

Edited by NT03

I take it back , i'd rather be the 5 seed & face Denver in the 2nd round. They have never played well @ Hot Springs. They have nobody who can even remotely guard TM. They also aren't a physical team so TM in foul trouble is less likely. You just have to hope they dont get hot from the outside.

By then we will know if your 3 times in a year theory brings this down.