Will UNT's New Baseball Stadium Look Similar To This

PlummMeanGreen

Unreal where are this universities priorities? We have to fix that sidewalk in front of the Super Pit before we do anything! Baseball can't get here fast enough.. RV count me and my family in for 3 of the finest seats in the stadium!

Fixing the sidewalk is the University's responsibility; getting a baseball stadium is the AD's responsibility.

• Upvote 1

Unreal where are this universities priorities? We have to fix that sidewalk in front of the Super Pit before we do anything! Baseball can't get here fast enough.. RV count me and my family in for 3 of the finest seats in the stadium!

You guys may need more than three seats before the stadium gets here....Hmmmmm...just sayin....We want tickets next to you guys so my bride can play with "you know who" during the games!

Anyone want to guess how long it will take some folks to start complaining about the new baseball stadium once the plans are made public? I'm going to start the guessing at a nanosecond!

Traffic, parking, site, construction firm, why it isn't named as yet, who will get first pick at season ticket locations and how the seat assignments will be handled, the color scheme, the seating set up (bleachers or individual seats), grass or turf and on and on and on.....for me, I'll just realize that a dream for a lot of folks is coming to reality and be more than happy to see the thing built.

Just getting on record early about the fun that we will all have here on GMG.Com regarding the new baseball program and stadium when all the official announcements are made...hopefully, SOON!

You can't play baseball on turf! You just can't . I'll mow the grass myself if I have to.

I almost think the baseball stadium could be placed where Fouts once stood. Wouldn't that be a nice link of our basketball, baseball and football facilities with a walk across bridge over the interstate.

GMG

I almost think the baseball stadium could be placed where Fouts once stood. Wouldn't that be a nice link of our basketball, baseball and football facilities with a walk across bridge over the interstate.

GMG

That would be cool as well, but I am hearing there are other plans for Fouts once the new track facility is built...like a new parking garage...also badly needed at UNT. I'm thinking the baseball field will be across 35 from Fouts near Apogee. But, I still like the idea...I also think it can be built a lot sooner if UNT uses the open area across from Apogee...sooner the better, right?

Not too excited about a parking garage being placed at the I-35E picture window of our university where Fouts presently is located, but I guess they have to do what they have to do.

Why not the open field space beyond the Warranch Tennis complex for a men's varsity baseball stadium? Seems like there is a whole bunch of real estate in that vicinity of the Mean Green Village to me. Just askin'

GMG!

PS: UNT should try to keep as much green space around Apogee as it can afford, but if you have to utilize that area so be it. I just don't think we need to over-build in one specific part of the MG Village (like around Apogee Stadium) if there are other options.

GMG! !

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Why not the open field space beyond the Warranch Tennis complex for a men's varsity baseball stadium? Seems like there is a whole bunch of real estate in that vicinity of the Mean Green Village to me. Just askin'

GMG! !

As I understand it, that is the area designated for the new UNT track facility.

Am sure there will be lots of green space around the stadium, but it will probably be "planned" green space and not just open fields.

As I understand it, that is the area designated for the new UNT track facility.

Am sure there will be lots of green space around the stadium, but it will probably be "planned" green space and not just open fields.

So put a track inside the new baseball stadium? (I'm just kiddin')! :rolleyes:

Seems we did that before, but the blueprint folks for Fouts forgot that fans would be sitting almost 50 yards from the football field.

GMG!

• 11 months later...

LaRussa or any older coach is not the answer to a new program. You need a YOUNG assistant from a major college, a successful program. Someone with tons of energy. Being that the 2012 college WS champions was Arizona I would go after Sean Cole or maybe from UT Skip. But Skip probably wouldn't come. Whoever you get you need recruitment coverage, meaning someone from the Pac 12 would give you inside into west coast, AZ and even Tx. Then you hire your assistants from south Tx and north texas. Someone from somewhere like Grayson and San Jac. That secures your Tx recruits plus gives you pac 12 area. Just two cents from someone with 20...

• Upvote 4

LaRussa or any older coach is not the answer to a new program. You need a YOUNG assistant from a major college, a successful program. Someone with tons of energy. Being that the 2012 college WS champions was Arizona I would go after Sean Cole or maybe from UT Skip. But Skip probably wouldn't come. Whoever you get you need recruitment coverage, meaning someone from the Pac 12 would give you inside into west coast, AZ and even Tx. Then you hire your assistants from south Tx and north texas. Someone from somewhere like Grayson and San Jac. That secures your Tx recruits plus gives you pac 12 area. Just two cents from someone with 20...

Good first post and I agree. Welcome to the board.

I don't understand the rush to to add another non-revenue producing sport whose attendance will hover somewhere between womens softball and womens basketball. I would rather see an indoor practice facility build that could be used by our football and soccer teams,but thats just an old man's opinion.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

I don't understand the rush to to add another non-revenue producing sport whose attendance will hover somewhere between womens softball and womens basketball. I would rather see an indoor practice facility build that could be used by our football and soccer teams,but thats just an old man's opinion.

I totally agree here--that indoor facility makes much more sense than to add another non-revenue sport that won't draw flies to games. College baseball, in general, doesn't attract much attention. I can't imagine more than a few hundred ever gathering for a game there. I'm not opposed to it eventually being a sport here, but we have much bigger things to take care of first before we can add another sport that takes away revenue from the AD.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2