Louisiana Lafayette (2/18/12)

CMJ

Even though there was a ton of time left and we had some chances afterward, I really think we blew a huge chance when the game was tied at 44. We got a defensive stop and then Tyler Hall led Alzee too much on a pass, ULL got a hand on it, and in the scrum the Cajuns got the ball back and scored.

At that point we had the momentum, I think we'd gotten a few stops in a row, and scored the last five in a row. Afterward we never made another charge until the final rally that got to one. Really changed the momentum against us.

Oh yea and man... wow I was so impressed by Franklin tonight! He is def our number 2 player.... for sure. I had a nice laugh at that one prior to today's game with someone behind the scenes. Oh yea and man Niko had such a horrible game! He should have just sat on the bench. What was he thinking actually taking the ball to the basket.

It was nice to see the lineup I posted last night to get the start tonight.. oh wait that is pretty funny right? Man I am such an idiot... I will be sure to pass that along to a few people. I bow before the basketball gods CBL and Tasty

Greek. Their knowledge is far superior then mine. Because the lineup I knew was going to start started and the player I know is a bit overrated (though I love him off the bench and he is a great guy)were just foolish lies. Maybe I should

just start posting the opposite of what I know because clearly I know nothing about this team.

Really , u thought the seniors would start on senior night?

• Upvote 4

Well.. games like that make it fairly evident that TM needs to stay another year. The kid is a beast, but he needs to learn to play within himself and more importantly be able to create his own shot. If not he is looking at being a super athletic energy guy instead of a kid that could be a real great player in the league..

Ugly game.. No depth... Poor shooting...

We are in serious need of a legit sharp shooter

That is what Brandon Walton is for. He just had a off night.... And I mean a really off night.

• Upvote 1

A few game notes :

Even tho we played like crap, we still had a shot to win

With TM , I think we still have a chance in hot springs. He is easily the best player in the league

TM had a off night , might have hurt his stock. He still has trouble on the dribble around the perimeter. Also, he is very hard on himself & scouts might think he needs more self confidence

Bob Marlin is the best coach in the league IMO

Ran into Andre Jackson in th bathroom. Former teammate of mitchells. Belived he signed w/ south Florida ?? Most recently @ cal ST Bakersfield. I don't think he has Any eligibly left tho, I think he was there just watching Tony

• Upvote 2

Well, I hope a lot of pro scouts were watching Tony in this game; it would greatly increase the odds of him being back next season. The ULL coach apparently had a perfect game plan for stopping Tony. In the first game, they drove inside and got him in foul trouble. This time they ruffed him up and got him flustered and very ineffective. I forget something because Tony is so good that he still is a freshman and has a lot to learn. I feel lessons like tonight will be very valuable to him in the future.

The ULL coach is very good and it showed tonight. NT obviously has no depth and other than Williams and Mitchell, not a lot of athleticism. Marlin used a lot of players that fouled a lot, unfortunately no one the NT side could hit a free throw. Their Kdeem Colby with 8 blocks, outrageous and nearly all of them were far under the rim. Their players on offense are in almost constant motion, while ours other than a few screen and roll attempts mostly stand and over pass.

This lose hurt, the odds of NT winning the last two on the road and getting a bye, based on tonight's performance will be almost impossible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

epic fail on the sports marketing dept with the 2 kids who got one shot to win a prize. That was horrible

The three foot tall kid trying to make it from half court? What could possibly go wrong with that?

And for the record, the chicken slingshot should be part of every game. Gold.

Edited by MeanGreenDan
  • Upvote 2

If there is ever a need for a teaching moment for coaches everywhere of what a game looks like when a team BEATS ITSELF this would make a good one...

13 free throws missed...hit a few of those and the game is in the win column

Turnover after turnover

Fouls early and often...TM sits at least 5 crucial min. in the 1st half due to foul trouble....foul after foul...and some were just pretty poor decisions....

Really what else is there to say...just a pretty bad night for the men when they had a chance to win it....Sad for the seniors...those guys have been playing their hearts out, but alas tonight was not to be....

As much as the game was a downer, I had a great time watching both the men and the women...seeing the nice crowd, and chatting with several members of the great Mean Green Nation.

Keep the faith...see you in HOT SPRINGS!

• Upvote 1

Well, I hope a lot of pro scouts were watching Tony in this game; it would greatly increase the odds of him being back next season. The ULL coach apparently had a perfect game plan for stopping Tony. In the first game, they drove inside and got him in foul trouble. This time they ruffed him up and got him flustered and very ineffective. I forget something because Tony is so good that he still is a freshman and has a lot to learn. I feel lessons like tonight will be very valuable to him in the future.

The ULL coach is very good and it showed tonight. NT obviously has no depth and other than Williams and Mitchell, not a lot of athleticism. Marlin used a lot of players that fouled a lot, unfortunately no one the NT side could hit a free throw. Their Kdeem Colby with 8 blocks, outrageous and nearly all of them were far under the rim. Their players on offense are in almost constant motion, while ours other than a few screen and roll attempts mostly stand and over pass.

This lose hurt, the odds of NT winning the last two on the road and getting a bye, based on tonight's performance will be almost impossible.

Great Post Grand Green – you are seeing very clearly tonight – I feel your future predictions are also very right on

– we will be at the tournament but not sure UNT will make it past the second round

– guess we will get to see a lot of the local tourist stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If there is ever a need for a teaching moment for coaches everywhere of what a game looks like when a team BEATS ITSELF this would make a good one...

13 free throws missed...hit a few of those and the game is in the win column

Turnover after turnover

Fouls early and often...TM sits at least 5 crucial min. in the 1st half due to foul trouble....foul after foul...and some were just pretty poor decisions....

Really what else is there to say...just a pretty bad night for the men when they had a chance to win it....Sad for the seniors...those guys have been playing their hearts out, but alas tonight was not to be....

As much as the game was a downer, I had a great time watching both the men and the women...seeing the nice crowd, and chatting with several members of the great Mean Green Nation.

Keep the faith...see you in HOT SPRINGS!

Agree - it just was not a good night for the mens team

-See you at Lucy's