SIX Years...

BIG DAWG

I just got through reading a DRC article, and even though it has been talked about in everything we read about the Mean Green, regardless of the source, until this year we have not won more than three games in SIX YEARS...

I have been to virtually every home game, and a few road games sprinkled in there throughout this stretch and before, but when I think about it not in terms of seasons, but YEARS, I think wow...six years seems like an eternity off bad...sometimes horrible football.

I guess every season, I have tried to forget the season before, and my memories of he good times wash away the pain from the year before.

Just glad to have Mac here...when you think about 6 YEARS of your life...it makes you appreciate him all the more

• Upvote 1

Just curious . . . for anyone with easy access to the records -- has there ever been such a 6-year period in our history? And I am assuming that embarrassing streak is now over!!

No

And this streak has to be one of the reasons that many people beat the dead horse regarding, well, the LAST FIVE YEARS. We had a bad enough image even before that.

Those years are over and gone. Time to move on folks. One problem lots of folks have is that they just can't "get over" the past and enjoy the present. This program is on the rise and the past is the past and no one can do anything about that. To dwell on it is not productive and a complete waste of time and energy. For me, the new era at UNT began with the hiring of Coach mac and the opening of Apogee stadium. The future is bright and it's all in front of the great Mean green nation.

I, for one, will definitely enjoy the ride!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Those years are over and gone. Time to move on folks. One problem lots of folks have is that they just can't "get over" the past and enjoy the present. This program is on the rise and the past is the past and no one can do anything about that. To dwell on it is not productive and a complete waste of time and energy. For me, the new era at UNT began with the hiring of Coach mac and the opening of Apogee stadium. The future is bright and it's all in front of the great Mean green nation.

As the philosopher Jorge Santayana said "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"(he also said "only the dead ever see the end of war"). Philosophically, I lean heavily in that direction. Does it keep me from enjoying the present? Absolutely not! Because I have the ability to mentally and historically multi-task. And remembering where we've been makes the "bright future" even more enjoyable.

Don't tell me you've never made "adjustments" after you've made mistakes. And please don't tell me that you have never shared your "learning experiences" with others so that they will not make the same mistakes.

PS, since you brought it up.....here's the song.

Edited by SilverEagle

As the philosopher Jorge Santayana said "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"(he also said "only the dead ever see the end of war"). Philosophically, I lean heavily in that direction. Does it keep me from enjoying the present? Absolutely not! Because I have the ability to mentally and historically multi-task. And remembering where we've been makes the "bright future" even more enjoyable.

Don't tell me you've never made "adjustments" after you've made mistakes. And please don't tell me that you have never shared your "learning experiences" with others so that they will not make the same mistakes.

WOW...way to miss the whole point, Silver. But, good post anyway.....never said anything about not making adjustments or about not remembering the past...thought I said "dwell on the past" or something along those lines. Seems to be entirely different than you way you saw it...probably says something about our different perspectives on life, but, hey, good post...couldn't agree with you more, it just has nothing to do with what I said.

• Downvote 3

I am just so glad to have shed that regular gig on the Bottom 10. My friends and I smiled and were pleasantly surprised at watching win after win at Apogee last year. We had never seen them win back to back home games or had that great aftertaste in a long time.

So yes the times are a changing and the horizon is Green. We will become that Green Beacon on the Hill again soon.

GMG

• Upvote 1

WOW...way to miss the whole point, Silver. But, good post anyway.....never said anything about not making adjustments or about not remembering the past...thought I said "dwell on the past" or something along those lines. Seems to be entirely different than you way you saw it...probably says something about our different perspectives on life, but, hey, good post...couldn't agree with you more, it just has nothing to do with what I said.

"To dwell on it is not productive and a complete waste of time and energy."

So, I completely missed your point over the word "Dwell"? My observation about your past posts has been that even when someone "remembers" mistakes of the past, you accuse them of dwelling.

Sorry, I didn't miss your point.....you missed mine. In your own words.....way to go.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Um yes and no. Those last 6 years have dictated our programs perception from the outside and they aren't positive. If we weren't as pitiful as we were then who knows what our conference landscape and etc would be like today. And you can't just get over it...you learn from the past and always revisit it just to make sure and hope whoever the future leaders are won't be dumb enough again to repeat those terrible decisions.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How does the old saying go about history repeating itself?