Bama was the most physically dominating team in the country with the worst field goal kicker. If they have Zach Olen or Nick Bazaldua instead of Cade "choke artist" Foster, they would have beaten LSU twice this year.

Some people seem to think that LSU dominated Alabama already this year and that is just not the case. If Alabama hits just one of the 4 field goals they missed that day, they win and this isn't a discussion.

OSU would have been destroyed by this Alabama team(bring out the carts and stretchers). If you think otherwise, you aren't being honest with yourself. Bama allowed less than 100yds and zero points to the unanimous #1 team in the country. They didn't even let them across midfield until the 4th quarter and that only happened once. I cannot recall ever seeing a more dominating defensive performance.

I've had a feeling Bama would win the title ever since they trucked us earlier in the season. You could just tell that they were grown men amongst boys(figuratively speaking of course).

Bama was the most physically dominating team in the country with the worst field goal kicker. If they have Zach Olen or Nick Bazaldua instead of Cade "choke artist" Foster, they would have beaten LSU twice this year.

Some people seem to think that LSU dominated Alabama already this year and that is just not the case. If Alabama hits just one of the 4 field goals they missed that day, they win and this isn't a discussion.

OSU would have been destroyed by this Alabama team(bring out the carts and stretchers). If you think otherwise, you aren't being honest with yourself. Bama allowed less than 100yds and zero points to the unanimous #1 team in the country. They didn't even let them across midfield until the 4th quarter and that only happened once. I cannot recall ever seeing a more dominating defensive performance.

I've had a feeling Bama would win the title ever since they trucked us earlier in the season. You could just tell that they were grown men amongst boys(figuratively speaking of course).

Agreed on all accounts. This was the best team and the best-coached team in the nation.

And I don't know why everyone hated watching this game so much! After watching all the arena-style track meets that preceded, I thought it was refreshing watching a dominant defense control every aspect of the game. Alabama almost played a perfect game (sans a pair of misses by the kicker and one late penalty for offsides). This was truly a spectacle and a clinic that Saban put on for all to behold.

There will also be much debate about why Miles stuck with that bum at QB instead of bringing in the guy that kept them in the title hunt most of the season while the other dealt with self-imposed legal issues.

Edited by Eagle1855
  • Upvote 1

It's difficult to say OSU would have lost to Bama (or LSU) since the two teams didn't play each other. :mellow:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

definitely was a dominating performance... not as good as the first game drama-wise though, would have been nice to see LSU at least compete in this game...

but yeah, i have no problem where teams don't have to score a combined 65 points to determine the game

• Upvote 1

Well, we will just disagree on that one. I think the OSU offense would have hung at least 30 on that 'Bama defense. The "bama defense is really good, but last night they didn't need to be very good to beat that awful performance by LSU. That has got to be the very worst performance by a QB in a national championship game EVER! Why Miles stuck with him the entire game is any one's guess, but that entire LSU team...both sides of the ball looked scared. They were awful! If the game had been as it should have been OSU would have been playing LSU...not "bama, but you have to hand it to "bama...they destroyed LSU...They, of course, couldn't score anything but field goals, but had they been able to they would have hung 40+ on the Tigers.

Did anyone else think that the LSU receivers "gave up" on running decent routs because thay knew the ball would be thrown no where near them????? Talk about a "deer in the headlights" look on that LSU QB all night long...he had ZERO clue!

I think Richardson "upped" his draft day stock...."Bama QB is a soph. and he looked poised and ready to lead the Tide to a bunch of wins in the next couple of years....early Heisman candidate perhaps....

Actually, however, another fairly boring game...just like the first one...I know lots of folks will disagree...but, that's OK as we can never know what OSU would have done against either of these teams. So, good for 'Bama...they beat the snot out of a pretty bad performing LSU team last evening...they did what they had to do....they won it when it mattered...much like OSU did against Stanford (that was an exciting ball game by the way)...They'll get the #1 nod. Bring on next year!

Agreed on all accounts. This was the best team and the best-coached team in the nation.

And I don't know why everyone hated watching this game so much! After watching all the arena-style track meets that preceded, I thought it was refreshing watching a dominant defense control every aspect of the game. Alabama almost played a perfect game (sans a pair of misses by the kicker and one late penalty for offsides). This was truly a spectacle and a clinic that Saban put on for all to behold.

There will also be much debate about why Miles stuck with that bum at QB instead of bringing in the guy that kept them in the title hunt most of the season while the other dealt with self-imposed legal issues.

I totally agree with you fellow Oiler fan. If I had my choice for UNT to be modeled after Oklahoma State/Oregon/West Virginia or Alabama, I would take Alabama every day of the week. Offense may sell tickets by defense wins championships. I grew tired of watching all the arena league and flag football games this bowl season. Whatever happened to good old fashioned smashmouth football with a great defense?

Well, we will just disagree on that one. I think the OSU offense would have hung at least 30 on that 'Bama defense. The "bama defense is really good, but last night they didn't need to be very good to beat that awful performance by LSU. That has got to be the very worst performance by a QB in a national championship game EVER! Why Miles stuck with him the entire game is any one's guess, but that entire LSU team...both sides of the ball looked scared. They were awful! If the game had been as it should have been OSU would have been playing LSU...not "bama, but you have to hand it to "bama...they destroyed LSU...They, of course, couldn't score anything but field goals, but had they been able to they would have hung 40+ on the Tigers.

They didn't give up 30 points to anyone all season. The most they gave up was to Georgia Southern (21pts.). The most they gave up to a FBS school was only 14pts.

I totally agree with you fellow Oiler fan. If I had my choice for UNT to be modeled after Oklahoma State/Oregon/West Virginia or Alabama, I would take Alabama every day of the week. Offense may sell tickets by defense wins championships. I grew tired of watching all the arena league and flag football games this bowl season. Whatever happened to good old fashioned smashmouth football with a great defense?

To hell with that, we're never going to win a national title. Just give me an offense that puts butts in seats and gets us to a decent bowl game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1