Jason Kidd to the Mavs?

Marc Stein is reporting the Mavs have jumped in the Kidd bidding full fledged and are willing to deal Steve Nash in a sign and trade.

The two backup no-names on the big show and the callers said they didn't think the Mavs should do it but they are clearly on some mid altering substance.

First of all Jason Kidd is a better point guard than Steve Nash. But if you want to take a closer look, lets do that:

What was the Mavs biggest problems? In my opnion, perimeter defense (as I pointed out about a million times last year, poor perimeter defense made Raef look horrible and Bradley worse than he already is) and rebounding. Kidd is a far better defender than Nash, and easily a better rebounder. And it's not like you are giving up offense for the defense and rebounding, Kidd scores more points and is the best pure passer in the league. On the fast break I think they are about even, and Kidd is more durable and stronger. The clear advantage in shooting goes to Nash. But I would say considering every other area Kidd would be an upgrade in makes up for that. The big thing the radio guys were saying was that Nash and Dirk are friends and you want to keep Dirk happy, but as my roomate pointed out, that's why they have phones, and I think Kidd would get Dirk the ball enough to keep him happy.

The way I see it is if you can upgrade to the best player at a position, do it. Nellie wants to win now anyway, and Kidd would increase that chance. Also, Nellie did not trade Kidd away, and has said many times that if he would never have done that.

Kidd would thrive in the Mavs offense and style of play and improve the defense.

I've rambled about it long enough, what do you all think?