College Football - What's Your Team Worth?

KRAM1

http://www.ibj.com/the-score/2011/10/12/college-football-financial-listing-reveals-winners-losers/PARAMS/post/30084

Well...if the link works, this is a great article on the "Financial value" of D-1 football teams as calculated by professor Ryan Brewer, ass't prof of finance at Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus.

Texas comes in at #1 with a value of $805.1 million....want to guess where UNT falls?

Drum roll please...................... $0 ! Yep, along with transfere a few others, UNT falls in at a value of $0 for its football team! Just remember that the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars recently sold for $45 million....let the comparisons begin. I hope the link works.

This list is essentially meaningless. It's not like any universities are selling and these types of sales usually have some bidding involved, so they would go for a different amount. At the end of the day, this number is a guess, so I am not sure why I should care what some guy who knows nothing about our school thinks our program is worth.

[url="http://www.ibj.com/the-score/2011/10/12/college-football-financial-listing-reveals-winners-losers/PARAMS/post/30084"]http://www.ibj.com/the-score/2011/10/12/college-football-Yep, along with transfere a few others, UNT falls in at a value of $0 for its football team! Just remember that the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars recently sold for $45 million....let the comparisons begin. I hope the link works.

Why does this website seem to convert "a f e w" into the word transfere? Before Christmas, I spend about 15 minutes trying to edit a post to fix the spelling when I finally gave up.

http://www.ibj.com/t...RAMS/post/30084

Well...if the link works, this is a great article on the "Financial value" of D-1 football teams as calculated by professor Ryan Brewer, ass't prof of finance at Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus.

Texas comes in at #1 with a value of $805.1 million....want to guess where UNT falls?

Drum roll please...................... $0 ! Yep, along with transfere a few others, UNT falls in at a value of $0 for its football team! Just remember that the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars recently sold for $45 million....let the comparisons begin. I hope the link works.

Where did you see that the Jaguars sold for 45 mil, they sold for 760 mil

This list is essentially meaningless. It's not like any universities are selling and these types of sales usually have some bidding involved, so they would go for a different amount. At the end of the day, this number is a guess, so I am not sure why I should care what some guy who knows nothing about our school thinks our program is worth.

I happened to have thought it was interesting research. Fully aware no college team is trying to sell on the open market. But there is some very interesting research here and some interesting rankings. Maybe I just like the "financial" aspect of the research. Thought it was interesting enough to post.

Like you, I could CARE LESS what some random guy thinks of our program, but its interesting to me to see where UNT and the other Sunbelt teams are ranked here...along with the Big XII vs the SEC, etc., etc.

• Upvote 1

I believe the current team worth is five games for the price of six. What, too soon?

*Because of the highly sensitive nature of many people reading this board over the current scheduling issue, I feel it obligatory to point out that I wrote the above comment in complete jest and intend neither support nor derision toward next year's football schedule and how it may ultimately turn out. I just like BBQ'd ribs and pie. That is all.

• Upvote 1