Three High Schools on Todd Dodge's List

Harry

Those places I believe are tough to find but you're absolutely correct. SLC was the perfect fit for him since all of the talent stayed in one school. Not to mention the fact that the area was and is very affluent helped since parents can essentially pay for any extra type of training, practice, resources to get better. Reminds me of Plano Senior High and how they were so dominant and when Plano East opened they lost some and now with Plano West opening a 11 or 12 yrs ago the talent pool has completely been watered down.

Correct. One has to wonder how long SLC will remain a one HS town. Some parents may get tired of seeing their sons and daughters not get the opportunity to play and/or receive scholarship offers since everyone goes to one HS. I know of kids who were very talented but never really got a look as they were playing behind someone with even more exceptional talent. I realize this happens at a lot of places, but a one HS town like SLC is the poster child for limited opportunity. If you are the elite player, it's a great place to be...if you are simply a very good player, who could develop with coaching and playing time, well, not so much.

Just a thought after talking with several SLC HS parents over the years. But, you cannot argue with the success SLC has had, and it seems that success for the program overrides everything, including opportunities for players, in the SLC school district. Don't get me wrong, I am not anti-SLC. I think its a great program and sends a good number of kids to college on scholarship in lots of different sports. Just speculating how long the SLC system can survive with only one HS and the limited player development opportunities that provides.

I think Southlake is about fully developed, so I see it remaining a one high school town. In instances like this, the coaching is done by the time these kids get to high school, Dodge and his staff just refined their talents and picked the best from the bunch.

Southlake is a one HS school town by design. They're aren't going to change that.

a la Allen, which is larger than some colleges (and whaddaya know, are great at football! Shocker!)..

Here in Frisco, there are SIX high schools. Three made the 4A playoffs (one undefeated, Frisco Centennial), but they're generally not consistently great. It's a different philosophy, and I've come to believe it's the single biggest defining trait on a school's long term success. An affluent suburb with a very high population to school ratio - there ya go.

A guy in my office who lives in Katy and is up on Katy Football (at least, he knows who Mike Stojkovic is), came up to me today and said that he heard TD is going to be hired at one of the Katy ISD high schools. He was pretty excited about it. I don't know which one - I should have listened closer - but I don't think it's the Katy Tigers. There are something like 7 high schools in Katy ISD. I told him about the Marble Falls rumor.

So it sounds like TD has interviewed several places. It does seem pretty certain TD will be coaching at a Texas high school next year.

BTW, the guy's mom is a UNT alum, so I keep him up to date on the Mean Green.

A guy in my office who lives in Katy and is up on Katy Football (at least, he knows who Mike Stojkovic is), came up to me today and said that he heard TD is going to be hired at one of the Katy ISD high schools. He was pretty excited about it. I don't know which one - I should have listened closer - but I don't think it's the Katy Tigers. There are something like 7 high schools in Katy ISD. I told him about the Marble Falls rumor.

So it sounds like TD has interviewed several places. It does seem pretty certain TD will be coaching at a Texas high school next year.

Katy Seven Lakes is the only Katy ISD school to show an opening for head football coach. I guess that narrows it down. Looks like a fairly new high school.

\

Heard that same rumor from a Katy area coach as well. Katy Seven Lakes.

• Upvote 1

Flower Mound could hire Hayden Fry and we would still have problems getting their top talent to come up to NT for the same reasons it's hard to get Denton Ryan/Guyer kids...

This...

Players will stay close to home if they are going to a winning program...

with this.

Sorry, but I find the idea of Dodge sending recruits to North Texas simply laughable...and not because of the possibility he has any ill will to UNT. Dodge coached several legitimate FBS players at Southlake and, of those, how many did he successfully recruit to UNT?

The best possible scenario for UNT recruiting is winning, frequently and consistently.