I usually don't get into uniform talk

TheColonyEagle

I don't like the modern day wacky uniforms, but I do love the matte color helmets. (Oregon, OK State, etc).

Baylor's matte green helmets are SWEET.

I would love to see UNT in some matte green next year.

I agree.

I wouldn't mind (1) uni with some black in it as well. I don't mean black outline either. I mean a contrast uni, similar to ND's.

Matte black helmet, kelly green eagle logo, maybe the number on one side. White jersey, kelly green numbers, black pants with the kelly green eagle logo. Green/white cleats, black gloves kelly trim.

We've all seen the black unis, but not done properly by Nike.

Just my two cents...

Justifies all the black/green gear being marketed and worn in the stands.

I don't like the modern day wacky uniforms, but I do love the matte color helmets. (Oregon, OK State, etc).

Baylor's matte green helmets are SWEET.

I would love to see UNT in some matte green next year.

I love the matte helmets! Although, I think our current color of green wouldn't be as nice as the black of asu or dark green of Baylor.

I think it's great. Like it or not, the kids eat these uniforms up, they love playing in stuff that looks like this. If you don't think uniform design is at least somewhere in some kids minds when they're figuring out where to go, you're fooling yourself.

Edited by GRN-WHT
  • Upvote 1

I think it's great. Like it or not, the kids eat these uniforms up, they love playing in stuff that looks like this. If you don't think uniform design is at least somewhere in some kids minds when they're figuring out where to go, you're fooling yourself.

I'm one of the old traditionalists regarding football uniforms, but I'm also a realist. And you are correct- kids like this stuff, and if you can close in and sign one or two solid HS players because of the great uniforms North Texas wears then it's worth the change. That is why the helmet design below is one of my favorites. The designer, a GoMeanGreen poster, was way ahead of his time when he created a series of similar helmet designs.

helmet-70eagle.pnghelmet-45eaglegradient250.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 3

I'm one of the old traditionalists regarding football uniforms, but I'm also a realist. And you are correct- kids like this stuff, and if you can close in and sign one or two solid HS players because of the great uniforms North Texas wears then it's worth the change. That is why the helmet design below is one of my favorites. The designer, a GoMeanGreen poster, was way ahead of his time when he created a series of similar helmet designs.

helmet-70eagle.png

This post has been promoted to an article

Yes, let's wear a helmet with a logo so blown up you can't even tell what it is...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Remember when the introduced SOW with those hints of what was to come. I like the idea of maximizing the mystique of the SOW. People not close to the Mean Green have to wonder why the Eagle Wings, why the Mean Green? Who are they? But I remember them.

Love Gundy's OSU football shirt on the sideline tonight. I've seen the football design before in Apogee bookstore but don't recall it being that exact style - very cool.

GMG