Chapel Hill vs. Alvarado - The Final Edition

Please excuse the length of this final post of many made over two very long seasons. The CH football team has now played 30 games over those past two seasons.

Chapel Hill Bulldogs vs. Alvarado Indians – two undefeated teams – played one-another last night and it was quite a game to the complete enjoyment of half of the 22, 748 total fans in attendance. CH won the Class 3-A Division 1 State Championship 20 – 19. For CH it was the 4th of 5 playoff games this year that were not decided until late in the 4th quarter.

These were two evenly matched teams that had high-powered offenses coming into the game, and yet the game was a defensive struggle. In the end the game was decided by three Alvarado turnovers (2 fumbles; 1 interception) in the 4th quarter while CH had no turnovers throughout the game.

Alvarado was led by running back Wayne Onderdonck who had accumulated approximately 2,800 yards during the season (btw, Alvarado had outscored their opponents prior to this game by a margin of 6 to 1). CH’s defense, for which all three of the Chapel Hill UNT commits play, held Onderdonck to 108 yards on 19 carries, including a 55-yard TD.

I have to admit that for this game I watched/enjoyed the team as a whole tonight and paid very little attention to the individual UNT commits.

The CH defensive line (certainly including Sir Calvin Wallace who despite being cut-blocked and double-teamed hustled from sideline to sideline chasing down ball carriers) played well, and the linebackers were very active.

The offensive numbers for the other two UNT commits:

Andrew Tucker – 20 carries for 79 yards and one 11-yard TD

Rex Rollins – 10 carries for 32 yards

Thanks for reading the CH updates I have sent along the way. Believe me, it has been a great pleasure to have watched this team play for the past two years. Thirty of forty-one players ended their CH career last night. They are a quality, unselfish, group of players who understand the whole concept of TEAM. Add our 2012 commits to CH alum Laramie Lee and UNT has among the best that CH has to offer.

This is my last CH game update.

-That’s 30-

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

tyler...really appreciate your follow-ups on the CH guys all year...but, don't stop with the east Texas stuff. You are our link to the eat Texas kids and the potential for UNT. So, keep 'em coming...

Thanks for all your work.