WBB: Tulane (12/9/11)

Tipoff is at 7:30pm on Friday. Tip was moved back to accomodate the football banquet.

NT is 7-2 and will be coming off a huge win against Alabama. The Mean Green will only have 48 hours of rest though. Tulane will be well rested and is probably an equal, if not a little better than Alabama. Tulane knocked off a #20 ranked LSU team earlier this year.

This team needs a big crowd Friday. Hopefully everyone at the football banquet will mosey on over to the Super Pit for the game...Surely they will mention it at the banquet.

If the ladies win this game, show well at Texas (if not win?), and don't crap the bed during SBC play, we may have a tough time keeping Aston around. I'm sure some underachieving AQ schools will have their eyes on UNT women's basketball.

If that is the case RV needs to consider giving her a raise. With the exception of selected programs I don't think Womens basketball coaches make very much to begin with. We know we have a quality coach so we need to do what we can to build the program and value what it could mean in the future even though its just WBB.

I'll be very satisfied overjoyed if we win one out of the next three:

Tulane (just outside the top 25)

@ Missouri State (very high in the mid-major top 25...beat Oral Roberts)

@ Texas (just inside the top 25)

Karen Aston does not have an easy schedule for her first year, and she is doing pretty darn well. Go Mean Green!

Tulane 23

NT 17

3:02 to go

It's a broken record, but the shooting woes continue. I have no idea if it's because of great defense, bad offense, or both. It's just brutal out there though. I doubt either team is shooting 30%.

We have missed a ton of direct shots right under the basket... Godbolt missed quite a few she usually makes... we get our shots to fall in the 2nd half we'll be OK... if not, we are done.

Edited by chrisfisher