June Jones leaves SMU

Dr. Seuss

I didn't say it worked out for them, but that it happened.

Oh, it wasn't an accusation that you had... Just saw your post and used it as a jumping off point for what happened next.

Please love me. Between my rap music affiliation and ability to read newspapers and watch TV for content... I'm losing internet friends left and right lately.

Oh, it wasn't an accusation that you had... Just saw your post and used it as a jumping off point for what happened next.

Please love me. Between my rap music affiliation and ability to read newspapers and watch TV for content... I'm losing internet friends left and right lately.

Yeah, mistakes were made, mostly by the AD at BC.

I am not sure that I can love you (but maybe I can). You are a little too hip hop for me (or maybe not, my affiliation has yet to be established) and being a MOD, your possession of power frightens (and intrigues) me.

• Upvote 1

Maybe you, but not me. You don't do what he did publicly. If I had an employee state in the public/media that they were accepting a job with someone else, I would consider that employee terminated from employment by resignation at that time. He should not be allowed to just waltz back to SMU, and SMU should not be forced to pay out his contract should they decide to fire him over this. He abandoned his job to pursue other employment. Sorry, but I think it is a bad thing when a person is only loyal to themselves. That is largely what is wrong with the world today.

JJ's case is a bit more odd that ASU pulled out after it was pretty much a done deal. I don't see how JJ is less loyal than anybody else. Had JJ had losing season and not went to bowl games SMU would have fired him without ever thinking about it. It goes both way. It's hard to characterize what loyalty really is in today's days and especially the sports business. Someone loyal to themselves? If you had an opportunity to greatly upgrade your pay, position, stature and the company you were working for are you telling me you wouldn't consider that? You could be the exception but that is not the way things work now.

Is it really only 9 days tasty until T-Mitchell date? Is there anything you would recommend the average UNT basketball fan like myself do to prepare for the date? Some exercises or required reading? I want to be ready.

I don't think there's anything you can do that hasn't already been done.

Just show up, maybe grab some popcorn and a soda, and enjoy the show.

Is it really only 9 days tasty until T-Mitchell date? Is there anything you would recommend the average UNT basketball fan like myself do to prepare for the date? Some exercises or required reading? I want to be ready.

Just remember the man that's the reason for the season, and attend appropriate services. December 18th, 20th, 22nd, 27th, 29th, and 31st.

Really, Tony Mitchell Day is about family and kindness to your fellow man. Don't get caught up in the chaos and hysteria... Take time to reflect on what it really means. Celebrate the spiritual aspect of it, not just the gift to Mean Green Basketball.

Just remember the man that's the reason for the season, and attend appropriate services. December 18th, 20th, 22nd, 27th, 29th, and 31st.

Really, Tony Mitchell Day is about family and kindness to your fellow man. Don't get caught up in the chaos and hysteria... Take time to reflect on what it really means. Celebrate the spiritual aspect of it, not just the gift to Mean Green Basketball.

Thanks so much pastor Tasty. I have been abstaining from kettle korn and facing my cubicle north towards the Super Pit. I feel I am ready.

• Upvote 3

And now we have mods helping to hijack threads...I thought this was the football thread? Amazing what power will do...some say it might even corrupt...you know, giving others "time outs" on a whim for posting in the wrong thread, but having no fear of retaliation for oneself. Oh, for the shame of it all...Idi Amin lives!

Sorry, yes, the opportunity was just too great to pass up....see you on Tony Mitchell day! Oh, dear...did I just become part of the hijacking????? :thumbsu:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

JJ's case is a bit more odd that ASU pulled out after it was pretty much a done deal. I don't see how JJ is less loyal than anybody else. Had JJ had losing season and not went to bowl games SMU would have fired him without ever thinking about it. It goes both way. It's hard to characterize what loyalty really is in today's days and especially the sports business. Someone loyal to themselves? If you had an opportunity to greatly upgrade your pay, position, stature and the company you were working for are you telling me you wouldn't consider that? You could be the exception but that is not the way things work now.

Hopefully, this will clarify my point. If I am an employer and an employee of mine accepts employment somewhere else, then they made the decision to leave and are no longer an employee of mine. June Jones, in my mind, resigned from SMU when he agreed to take the job at ASU and SMU should not have to take him back, or pay any kind of buyout on his contract.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hopefully, this will clarify my point. If I am an employer and an employee of mine accepts employment somewhere else, then they made the decision to leave and are no longer an employee of mine. June Jones, in my mind, resigned from SMU when he agreed to take the job at ASU and SMU should not have to take him back, or pay any kind of buyout on his contract.

Agree! Well said.

BigPonyFan, June Jones is a lot like Mike Leach to me. It is all about June. The hawaiian print shirts and leis just don't play on Mockingbird. Bringing him back mayu be worse than losing him, because you know he is only committed until something better rolls around. Again, I'm far from being a SMU fan, but I dislike Jones more.