A sincere thanks to those who braved the weather

Harry

Instead of focusing on who didn't make the game I would like give a salute to the good fans that braved the elements to support the team yesterday. We were not large in number but loud. The team fed off of the fans energy and played their best game of the season. As this program rises under the leadership of Coach Mac we will always look back fondly to this first season as the beginning of the turnaround. GMG!

the weather sucked, but the tailgating and game were great...one of the most enjoyable i've had...there's something about standing in the rain for 3 hours watching your school kick ass that makes me happy!

Couldn't agree more! It was a great time to say the least and, as odd as it may seem, I think the rain and terrible weather conditions made it even more memorable!

• Upvote 3

I'm pretty sure it was warmer at the Ohio game and I don't remember it being as windy tailgating either. I guess I remember a different experience than you.

You are right. It was the second game of the year and was a very warm rain.

We drew 19k because we opened the season with a win the Previous week at Ball St, who had been a top 25 team the season before. We would have had 27k if the weather hadn't screwed us.

I wish I could wipe that game from my memory

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

What put it most in perspective for me was when just as we were FINALLY pulling into the driveway late last night, the F5, a ten year old, chimes in from the back seat with,

..."I know it was cold and nasty but I sure am glad we went. Just think what we would have missed?".

That's what it's all about right there!

Rick

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Great game and great atmosphere. It was my first endeavor to Apogee this year for a game and what a palace it is. Luckily next year work won't be as nutty so I'll make every game with my season tickets. The buddy I took (who's also a UNT alum and first time at Apogee) said he loved the game and the stadium and he didn't realize just how affordable season tickets were and he was utterly shocked. He already told me he's definitely going to buy season tickets for next season and get as many people as possible to come as well and enjoy the game with some tailgating action. Folks this is a work in progress and it will take time but the arrow is definitely pointing up. Just keep the faith and things will fall into place.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Upvote 3

It wasn't the most comfortable game, but it was far from the worst I've ever attended. I want to brag a little on my fiancé, a Tech undergrad and Baylor MBA who never complained. She did laugh at me for trying to eat a bucket of popcorn in the rain. We yelled as loudly as we could since we were the only one in our row for much of the game!

• Upvote 1

Great game and great atmosphere. It was my first endeavor to Apogee this year for a game and what a palace it is. Luckily next year work won't be as nutty so I'll make every game with my season tickets. The buddy I took (who's also a UNT alum and first time at Apogee) said he loved the game and the stadium and he didn't realize just how affordable season tickets were and he was utterly shocked. He already told me he's definitely going to buy season tickets for next season and get as many people as possible to come as well and enjoy the game with some tailgating action. Folks this is a work in progress and it will take time but the arrow is definitely pointing up. Just keep the faith and things will fall into place.

:thumbsu:

• Upvote 1

I was there- tailgating at Fouts for the first hour of the day without a tent!

I will never forget the game, what a game! Standing in the rain for 3 hours of offensive bliss!!! For a while, my friends and I made the largest cluster of people in the entire stadium! It was just an awesome day.

I'm glad I went, and I feel sorry for those who decided the off and on rain/mist was too much to handle.

sooo.... I think this was the most fun I had at a game in the last 6 years...

Ok, because of the weather, the 2 other families that I usually tailgate with all did the same thing...stayed at home. So, my buddies and I were there without the kids and wives...We had A GREAT TIME.

Yup, we had some beverage... yup, we played a sand wedge golf game(drinking game)... We stayed for every second of that ars beating and loved EVERY SECOND.

I was dancing in the rain, walking around high fiving all game long...

I might have annoyed those around us, but I enjoyed...

Go Mean Green! Go Lance Dunbar!

• Upvote 1

great times were had...

my friends and I briefly thought about leaving after we went up 45-0 but then realized that we could not act like spoiled fans and leave in the middle of a game that saw so many records broken and points scored... i mean seriously... when was the last time UNT won this big?

I lit a cigar and threw kettlecorn down to the masses until my zeppelin picked me up from the top of the stadium. I really don't get all the fuss about the weather at all.

Even had an LSU friend in our group mention he would have enjoyed having our running back with his line for a few years (to which I just made an obscene hand gesture.)

Great day...only possible gripe was the insane traffic back on 35. Defend that, 18 wheeler fans.

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed sitting, standing, and cheering shoulder to shoulder under the overhang of the club level. With all of us up there, it seemed like a crowded game... until you looked down over the empty rows to the field. GREAT way to end the season and I'm so excited for next year.

• Upvote 4