To the CITY OF DENTON & UNT STUDENTS

DallasGreen

Hope all who stayed in your cozy little bungalows last night are proud of yourselves for missing the making of NCAA history. What a slap in the face to the progam, the seniors, and most of all Lance Dunbar to stay away in droves when all knew what was possible on this night. I for one who has missed few home games in the last 50 years can not find it more odious that the jerkwater town of little "d" can not even phathom what it has in its two universities. This has to be the poorest excuse for a college town in America. I've heard all the lame excuses ---too many things to do in the metroplex, too many commuters, have to support both universities if you support one, afternoon games are bad for local merchants' business,etc.,etc. All these are pure unadultered BS. Take it as fact--- Denton can put down its largest employer and smirk about it. The UNT faculty has shown it is only a bunch of self serving pseudo intellectual pin heads and the C of C a bunch of self agrandeousing blow hards. The students should hide their degrees from sight since they show absolutely no respect for their alma mater. The commuters are a bunch of blood sucking parasites who only use UNT and then quickly disregard all ties. I have never been so ashamed to be associated with the City of Denton as well as the drunk doped up band of worthless students as this first season in Apogee. I hope you all realize down the road what a disservice you did to your university and your city last night, and don't respond by patting yourself on the back for your "punny" student fee of $10. when everyone else is paying double that. Yes I put my $$ where my mouth is--- I'm sure I'm close to $100K lifetime investment in my alma mater, and I came from a family of very modest income unlike the pompus, pampered brats from SMU, but also unlike the dope smoking, weirded out students of apathy that now inhabit this campus. I hope you're proud this morning. I know I am because last night I witnessed history and said goodbye to a great group of young men that this city and the students and faculty of UNT truly do not deserve. :growl:

Edited by DallasGreen
  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 20

I agree DallasG, and wish I could make every game but, now retired I live out of state. Things have always pretty much been this way. Stay the course and know that there others out here who understand how you feel. GMG

Edited by Greenrex
  • Upvote 1

I bet students and citizens of Denton are really kicking themselves after reading this thread.

Yep. I'm sure they've fought through the misspelled words, poor grammar, and lack of paragraphs & seen the error of their ways.

I love it when DallasGreen pulls a FireFightnRick and pats himself on the back for being a better fan than you...all while making himself look like a complete ass by making generalizations about people.

Edited by JayDub
  • Upvote 13
  • Downvote 13

Yep. I'm sure they've fought through the misspelled words, poor grammar, and lack of paragraphs & seen the error of their ways.

I love it when DallasGreen pulls a FireFightnRick and pats himself on the back for being a better fan than you.

It would not take a whole lot to prove anyone a better fan than the one who shovels out drivel like this post.

Edited by DallasGreen
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

It would not take a whole lot to prove anyone a better fan than the one who shovels out drivel like this post.

Wait...you took the time to type up that abortion of an original post and call my post "drivel"? It's so cute when hateful, spiteful, bitter old men take to the internet.

Seriously, if you hate the people associated with North Texas as much as you always seem to portray...then, please, move along. I'm sure few would miss you.

Outside of being a casual fan, I have no personal investment in this team or school any longer, but it pisses me off to no end to read bullshit, misspelled generalizations like "...the dope smoking, weirded out students of apathy that now inhabit this campus..." and "the UNT faculty has shown it is only a bunch of self serving pseudo intellectual pin heads and the C of C a bunch of self agrandeousing blow hards" from people like you and wonder why those people have no desire to come out to Apogee and associate with the likes of you.

Edited by JayDub
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 8

Wait...you took the time to type up that abortion of an original post and call my post "drivel"? It's so cute when hateful, spiteful, bitter old men take to the internet.

Seriously, if you hate the people associated with North Texas as much as you always seem to portray...then, please, move along. I'm sure few would miss you.

Outside of being a casual fan, I have no personal investment in this team or school any longer, but it pisses me off to no end to read bullshit, misspelled generalizations like "...the dope smoking, weirded out students of apathy that now inhabit this campus..." and "the UNT faculty has shown it is only a bunch of self serving pseudo intellectual pin heads and the C of C a bunch of self agrandeousing blow hards" from people like you and wonder why those people have no desire to come out to Apogee and associate with the likes of you.

Ain't the truth a bitch, and poor "old" me thought it was Al Gore who invented the internet not you. :sword:
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

My thoughts exactly.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Hope all who stayed in your cozy little bungalows last night are proud of yourselves for missing the making of NCAA history. What a slap in the face to the progam, the seniors, and most of all Lance Dunbar to stay away in droves when all knew what was possible on this night. I for one who has missed few home games in the last 50 years can not find it more odious that the jerkwater town of little "d" can not even phathom what it has in its two universities. This has to be the poorest excuse for a college town in America. I've heard all the lame excuses ---too many things to do in the metroplex, too many commuters, have to support both universities if you support one, afternoon games are bad for local merchants' business,etc.,etc. All these are pure unadultered BS. Take it as fact--- Denton can put down its largest employer and smirk about it. The UNT faculty has shown it is only a bunch of self serving pseudo intellectual pin heads and the C of C a bunch of self agrandeousing blow hards. The students should hide their degrees from sight since they show absolutely no respect for their alma mater. The commuters are a bunch of blood sucking parasites who only use UNT and then quickly disregard all ties. I have never been so ashamed to be associated with the City of Denton as well as the drunk doped up band of worthless students as this first season in Apogee. I hope you all realize down the road what a disservice you did to your university and your city last night, and don't respond by patting yourself on the back for your "punny" student fee of $10. when everyone else is paying double that. Yes I put my $$ where my mouth is--- I'm sure I'm close to $100K lifetime investment in my alma mater, and I came from a family of very modest income unlike the pompus, pampered brats from SMU, but also unlike the dope smoking, weirded out students of apathy that now inhabit this campus. I hope you're proud this morning. I know I am because last night I witnessed history and said goodbye to a great group of young men that this city and the students and faculty of UNT truly do not deserve. :growl:

But it was raining and cold and it's such a long walk.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

DallasGreen is a mite over the top, but other than too few exceptions; what he said rang true. Name me one fb division university much less one with around 36k students that gets less support from the community. If NT could relocate, municipalities would be pledging millions to have the university move in, yet Denton threats both universities as something that is to be endured not supported.

Every NT fan should be embraced because they are certainly not enough, but IMO those that put in years of support in both attendance and money deserve their rants.

My take was that the NT/MTSU game was something not to be missed, yet many who identify themselves as fans couldn't be bothered. The weather was a big factor, but was not that bad. I am just glad I am one of the few thousand fans that actually saw Dunbar and the team's performance.

As an aside, if all you can't muster to rebuff a post is grammar or syntax, than don't.

• Upvote 6

I think people underestimate just how many lurkers probably go through this board and browse through from time to time.

That being said I really thought the whole goal was to make fans come to games or come to games with more frequency. If they see about 5 threads a day dedicated about worthless attendance, alumni, students, fans, and cities then I don't think they'll be so inclined to want to support us.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I see what you did here... you insinuated that JayDub was a pot head and dead in a gutter, but then you found out he wasn't because he posted in this thread. Clever Clever FireHatMan. I got a 3 day ban for calling someone Chubby one time, but then again I didn't build half of Denton like you did, all great and mighty FHM.

"dead dropout druggie" has to be the most jarring shot fired in GMG history.... This makes rjmunthe and hip hop Plummer look like Neville Chamberlain.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Before I read this thread I had been worried that one certain doped up drop out wasn't the one found dead in the tent this week on campus?

And now it's confirmed.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12/04/3569452/occupy-denton-protester-found.html

Rick

I'm guessing you're referring to me as a "doped up drop out"...? Very funny and oh-so-classy. You, of all people, likely dealing with death and people who have substance abuse issues every single time you go on shift...you find humour in that? Truly sickening...and, yet, sadly unsurprising when considering the source.

I can live with the dropout thing...but, the "doped up" portion I take exception to. Would you like to see the results of my latest random, DOT-mandated piss test?

Edited by JayDub
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2