The Spurs behind league MVP Tim Duncan will close out the NJ Nets this evening. This series has not been highly-rated or well-played, but the Spurs two losses, in which they played horribley, is by a total of three points. That tells you how dominant San Antonio has been in this series. They shoot under 30 percent and the Nets shoot close to 60 percent and the Spurs lose only by one.

I like J Kidd, but he doesn't deserve an NBA Title just yet.

Maybe next year.

GMG

The Nets shot close to 60%?! When was that? I seem to remember them not being able to hit the broad side of a barn either. The series has featured lousy offense more than great 'D'. Neither team seems to be willing to take(or make) open jump shots.

Well with the coach of the year and the MVP on the same team, you would think this series would already be over.

The Nets have not gotten close to shooting 60% at any point in this series. Jefferson is their leading shooter at 42%.

By the way, the "Duncan over the back" is the new "Ewing four step running jumper" as most obvious call the refs will not make under any circumstances.

The Nets forgot how to make a basket. This thing is over. I wanted Jason Kidd to win it, but he has shown that he can carry a team to the Finals so it probably won't be his last chance.

Tony Parker disappeared tonight and in a few other games this series. Speedy Claxton was their best point guard the last four games. I don't see how the Spurs can not go after Jason Kidd. I don't know if he wants to leave New Jersey (he likes that situation a lot), but the Spurs would have to try you would think.

Wow, what a 4th quarter tonight by the Spurs! Stephen Jackson got hot at the right time, and the defense really stepped up. Tim Duncan was soo close to a quadruple double! The guy deserves the MVP for sure. It was good to see David Robinson go out on such a high note. Tony Parker was gracious in the fact that Speedy Claxton took over his role towards the end of the series. Parker was very important to their success this season and has shown enormous potential, but you know they'll be talking with Kidd over the summer. The series wasn't flashy, but I'm still mad that there will be nothing but baseball until August! blink.gif

Stephen Jackson got hot at the right time

If you think about it, this happend for the Spurs every game they won against the Mavs and Nets. Either Jackson, Parker, Kerr, Claxton, or Rose would be horrible to mediocre for three fourths of a game and then come through with one huge quarter and that's just enough for the Spurs to move on. It's a quarter the Mavs couldn't get from anybody in game 6 against the Spurs. Just an observation.

By the way, the "Duncan over the back" is the new "Ewing four step running jumper" as most obvious call the refs will not make under any circumstances.

Exactly why I dislike the NBA. The "star system" is ridiculous. They rarely call the over the back on Duncan, the travel jumper by Ewing, carrying the ball by Iverson, anything by Jordan, etc, etc, etc....