2012 Ncaa Football Game

UNT_playmaker

No new stadium. No new unis.

EA puts out a product every year that is below average because they have a monopoly on college football. No one else can make a college football game due to their contract with the NCAA, and as a result, they put out a game that almost always has a lot of issues at release, and they'll do this knowingly because they can put out patches after its been released. The game engine is horrible and it's just not a product I would suggest buying, there's too many bugs, the gameplay is pretty bad and unrealistic(Just took 35 sacks in my firt season) and EA just sucks.

No new stadium. No new unis.

EA puts out a product every year that is below average because they have a monopoly on college football. No one else can make a college football game due to their contract with the NCAA, and as a result, they put out a game that almost always has a lot of issues at release, and they'll do this knowingly because they can put out patches after its been released. The game engine is horrible and it's just not a product I would suggest buying, there's too many bugs, the gameplay is pretty bad and unrealistic(Just took 35 sacks in my firt season) and EA just sucks.

It's your opinion on the game bugs, but there was nothing they could do in regards to UNT. EA scans the stadiums MONTHS in advance and we didn't know what the uniforms looked like until a couple weeks before the first game.

It's your opinion on the game bugs, but there was nothing they could do in regards to UNT. EA scans the stadiums MONTHS in advance and we didn't know what the uniforms looked like until a couple weeks before the first game.

I'm completely aware of that. I knew it wasn't going to be in there in 2010 for that reason. Slim chance it will be there next year.

And my opinions on the game play are facts. NCAA is geared more for kids and arcade type play(57 to 66 type scores) while in Madden they have to make the game play somewhat realistic. All I'm saying is that the NCAA team does a terrible job of making a sustainable game.

I'm completely aware of that. I knew it wasn't going to be in there in 2010 for that reason. Slim chance it will be there next year.

And my opinions on the game play are facts. NCAA is geared more for kids and arcade type play(57 to 66 type scores) while in Madden they have to make the game play somewhat realistic. All I'm saying is that the NCAA team does a terrible job of making a sustainable game.

IMO madden has become way too realistic for the casual gamer to enjoy. NCAA is a lot easier to play and if that means it's more arcade like then I'm fine with it.

• Upvote 1

I agree with you on most of your points (including your previous post), but I still buy NCAA for whatever reason. I guess they make enough little quirks every year for me to really enjoy it. I'm a baby though, I play it on easy level so I can win. It rolls off my shoulder when I lose in life or when one of my teams does, but I buy video games so I can win dammit. :lol: On regular level its absolutely impossible to gain more than 3 yards a carry, or complete a pass over the middle of the field. Even on easy level its really hard to run the option unless you're running the "load option" which keeps your QB from being slower than molasses.

My biggest complaint about this year's game is the ridiculous amount of scoring. I've played multiple games where I'm only the offensive coordinator, and I have to score in the 60's and 70's just to keep pace with the AI. Its pretty bad.

Edited by Coffee and TV

i think comparing Madden to NCAA is unfair though... NCAA has to devote a whole lot more time on keeping up with 120 teams as compared to 32... not as simple as just adding a few quirks here and there with that many teams involved...

I like the NCAA series because of the variety of teams and the fact that it's fun to have player turnover happen all the time...

i think comparing Madden to NCAA is unfair though... NCAA has to devote a whole lot more time on keeping up with 120 teams as compared to 32... not as simple as just adding a few quirks here and there with that many teams involved...

I like the NCAA series because of the variety of teams and the fact that it's fun to have player turnover happen all the time...

That has nothing to do with it. To be honest, they really only get detailed on the top 50 teams. I would be completely content if they just took the Madden game engine and put it in NCAA. The truth is since they had the turnover in game developmnent in 2004, this game has been pretty much unplayable. The only thing I enjoy is dynasty mode, I don't play online because of the cheating and lack of a real gameplan. What college team runs the same five plays over and over again no huddle than consistently work no matter how you change your pass defense.

I mean no offense, but if you think NCAA is a "good" or "realistic" game, you're not playing the same game I am. I didn't buy the series from 2007-2011. I bought it this year, and I have regretted it.

Tecmo should bring back Tecmo Super Bowl and create an NCAA football game on the same platform. When does EA's exclusive contract end with the NFL and NCAA?

Best Post Ever

i miss actually playing defense... remember how awesome Junior Seau, Reggie White, LT, etc were. The new EA games (college and pro) i usually just put my controller on the floor since the ai can actually separate from an offensive lineman or stay within 10 yards of a receiver.

I still refer to all UNT quarterbacks as "QB Eagles" no matter how much of a statue they are.

• Upvote 1

Best Post Ever

i miss actually playing defense... remember how awesome Junior Seau, Reggie White, LT, etc were. The new EA games (college and pro) i usually just put my controller on the floor since the ai can actually separate from an offensive lineman or stay within 10 yards of a receiver.

I still refer to all UNT quarterbacks as "QB Eagles" no matter how much of a statue they are.

I also enjoyed "popcorning" players on the other team.

I got the recently released Tecmo Bowl on PS3 (downloaded game). The game play is awesome and true to the original, but not having the real teams and players takes away from the enjoyment.

P.S. If anyone else has this on the PS3, let me know...I'd love to play online.

A highly placed source ( :ph34r: ) tells me that the new stadium and our fight song will be included in NCAA 13.

No word on unis, though. I would be surprised, however, if we had both of those updates, but the old Dodgey uniforms. Still great news, though, any way you cut it.

IMO madden has become way too realistic for the casual gamer to enjoy. NCAA is a lot easier to play and if that means it's more arcade like then I'm fine with it.

This times infinity. Honestly it's one of the reasons I've tune out of video games the last decade or so. They've all become way too complex and requires a lot more thinking than I want my brain to do. While the look and graphics of these video games are incredible...its just become a beatdown for me. I personally miss the days of the Sega's, old Nintendos etc of the late late 80's and the 90's.

• Upvote 1

This times infinity. Honestly it's one of the reasons I've tune out of video games the last decade or so. They've all become way too complex and requires a lot more thinking than I want my brain to do. While the look and graphics of these video games are incredible...its just become a beatdown for me. I personally miss the days of the Sega's, old Nintendos etc of the late late 80's and the 90's.

I agree...for me its that there are too many buttons that do too many things. My brain doesn't work/process fast enough to pick from 10 different buttons when I'm controlling a running back to make him juke left, juke right, spin, jump, dive, stiff arm, high step, taunt, breathe, blink, adjust his cup, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera (cue Tom Seaver interview).

I have the same issue with first person shooters nowadays...but maybe I'm just being a bitter old man.

• Upvote 1

I COMPLETELY disagree. If you tweak the sliders you can make the game very realistic. Do some searching online and in forums and there are plenty of people that share there settings on the AI and other sliders to make the game much more realistic. It just takes time.

I think the recruiting is great and I love the Legend career where you start in High School and work your way to a scholarship playing just one position or iron man.

I think it is great.

I have the same issue with first person shooters nowadays...but maybe I'm just being a bitter old man.

your not. i play just about every game on easy now.

i lost all my patience to learn a new game every few months a couple years ago when i hit 30. what sucks is that i have a friend that has become WAY TOO GOOD at halo. it used to be a lot of fun just getting a group of buddies together and doing a split screen. Now I can't even walk 3 steps without getting shot in the head. i actually started spending more time waiting to re-spawn than playing the game.

What do you guys mean by too complex?

Like the plays are too advanced or something? Because that's not one of my complaints, I think they need to completely re do the playbooks, they haven't really changed since 2010(so I've read). And I don't know about ya'll, but even though the gameplay is screwed, it's better than it has been in years past, and when you play on all american you get a pretty realistic game. If you're playing as UNT and likely a C- or worse across the board, and play a team that's a B- across the board, they'll beat you by two touchdowns or so, and that's the way it should be. When Lance leaves after year one in dynasty and Byrd takes over(66 overall) he shouldn't explode for 1000 yards in a season. I don't like starting as the coach at UNT and going 12-0, doing outlandish things like going to a BCS bowl in year two. I like to build up the team slowly, in my most recent dynasty I went 4-8, 5-7, 7-6, and then 5-7 again while building up my recruiting. I do like the recruiting that's been implemented. That's one positive I can take from this game, I just think they have a lot of work to do if they ever want to please the hardcore college football fan.

But I guess they are so busy putting in great features like mascot games. Silly of me to think they could make a realistic sim when they have no competition. That's a monopoly, how is that not illegal that their the only ones allowed to make a college football game.

What do you guys mean by too complex?

Like the plays are too advanced or something? Because that's not one of my complaints, I think they need to completely re do the playbooks, they haven't really changed since 2010(so I've read). And I don't know about ya'll, but even though the gameplay is screwed, it's better than it has been in years past, and when you play on all american you get a pretty realistic game. If you're playing as UNT and likely a C- or worse across the board, and play a team that's a B- across the board, they'll beat you by two touchdowns or so, and that's the way it should be. When Lance leaves after year one in dynasty and Byrd takes over(66 overall) he shouldn't explode for 1000 yards in a season. I don't like starting as the coach at UNT and going 12-0, doing outlandish things like going to a BCS bowl in year two. I like to build up the team slowly, in my most recent dynasty I went 4-8, 5-7, 7-6, and then 5-7 again while building up my recruiting. I do like the recruiting that's been implemented. That's one positive I can take from this game, I just think they have a lot of work to do if they ever want to please the hardcore college football fan.

i have zero complaints regarding the recruiting part of the game. It's pretty freaking amazing.

In fact, I spent far more time doing front office stuff for the team than actual game time on the field. The problem is when I'm on the field, it's absolutely hopeless for me to try and make an attempt at a defensive play unless the difficulty level is set on easy.

I haven't had any issues running the offense on other difficulty levels but i do feel that the AI does not treat screen plays appropriately. For what is normally the most explosive play in real football game, I'm simply unable to execute one that nets at least 5 yards.