Hamilton vs. Dunbar

UNTflyer

No question, Dunbar if he can play. But that's not to belittle Hamilton. Unfortunately, they're both seniors. Looks like we're going to be relying on Brandin Byrd next year.

I really like Hamilton, but if Dunbar is anywhere near ready to play, you gotta start him.

Remember all the talk during this summer between Dunbar and Rainey? Rainey insinnuating he is the better back, but Dunbar flat-out saying he is the better back?

Well, this would be the week for him to prove it (again), and I bet he will.

If Dunbar can play, no question he starts, he is the best player on this team. I would like Canales to call plays like he did Saturday with Hamilton in, but with Dunbar in there. I think he has been a little predictable with Dunbar.

I like this point. It seems that the Dunbar up the middle plays became WAY too predictable. I like the variety of runs that Hamilton got.

I also like -thought it's obvious- when Dunbar gets going on the quick pass plays (see his huge 60 some yard catch at the last home game).

• Upvote 2

I like this point. It seems that the Dunbar up the middle plays became WAY too predictable. I like the variety of runs that Hamilton got.

I also like -thought it's obvious- when Dunbar gets going on the quick pass plays (see his huge 60 some yard catch at the last home game).

I also like the variety of play calling with Hamilton. I would prefer variety and a better chance to win than to have it become a pissing match between Dunbar and Rainey.

honestly if LD is getting an MRI today than I just can't think that come Saturday he will be ready to go. The reasoning is that even if he "is ready" how will it affect his mindset going into the game thinking about that injury and how it could very well get even worse during the WKU game.

Combine that with WKU is going to be gunning for any and every play he makes just so their own star can shine to the best of his ability.

I like the thought of throwing Hambone out there since he will be both underestimated and hard to contain. The simple fact is that last week he showed as good of a rushing game as we have seen from LD this year (and with less snaps). This doesn't take away from LD's accomplishments but Hambone is a weapon that WKU won't have a bunch of knowledge on....whereas with LD they have all the tape they want.

It's kind of hard to vote without knowing Dunbar's health. If somehow it's only a bruise that heals pretty much completely by Saturday, I say go with Dunbar. If not go with Hamilton.

I know if Dunbar sits the whole game it'll be tough to get his records, but that's not what it's all about, and his health should be the major concern. Especially since he would have 19 days from today to heal for the final game if there is no structural damage.

On a side note, I've always thought Hamilton should get more carries because I love his acceleration through the hole and breakaway speed. Hope we get to see more of him from here on out regardless of LD's injury situation.

Dunbar should start if he's ready, but Hamilton showed more explosiveness and mobility on Saturday than Dunbar has shown all season.

I've always thought Hamilton ran harder than Dunbar. What I mean by that is: Dunbar has a gliding quality in his running whereas Hamilton is like a truckload of hate coming at you. If I were an opposing player and had to go head on to tackle either of them I'd rather be meeting Dunbar for contact than Hamilton.