You're The NT Promotion's Person: What Would U Do:

PlummMeanGreen

Publicly mock them, sneer at them, tell them that they're not doing it right at every possible turn. Put kegs of Natural Light in every other row in the student section, but only allow it to be administered via IV as on every seat will be a roll of tape for the students to silence themselves and their uncreative profanities. Leave picture instruction cards (cuz reading is hard!) with guidance on when to sit, when to stand, and when to bow toward the elders in the west.

I recall a couple seasons ago that FilmerJ led a crew of recent grads over to the student section of Fouts and walked through, shaking everyone's hand, thanking them for coming out to support the team. I've seen someone else go to the student tailgates, even the one's with those funky squiggly letters (that are HARD to read!) and simply sit down with the students, talking to them about coming in the game. Then, horror of horrors, I've seen these people actually (and you might want to be sitting down for this) ASK THE STUDENTS what they wanted that would get them into the stadium! I mean the temerity!

I don't know that any more marketing expense is necessary to get the students near the stadium on game day. It's just that final step of getting them to go through the gate. The inevitable posts here next Sunday about those brutish students not doing it how we did it in 1972 isn't the solution. Could be time for a little diplomacy now matter how bitter that pill is to swallow.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Simple solution : 1 lucky student will have a chance to win free tuition and/or books for the next school year. Maybe try a FG or a throw at a target zone system @ halftime ?

Easy solution : free beer to all students w/ fake ID's

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

Simple solution : 1 lucky student will have a chance to win free tuition and/or books for the next school year. Maybe try a FG or a throw at a target zone system @ halftime ?

They did that at a basketball game when I was in school. Kid didn't even have to shoot a basket. It was just straight up full ride tuition for a quarter. It was a big deal. I think you're on to something there. Of course, the drawing would need to be late in the game to keep them in the stadium.

Honestly, I would put flyers/posters up everywhere. Have 15 players assigned a day(15 have Monday, 15 have Tuesday etc.) to promote on campus for an hour, maybe outside of classes waiting for students to come by and then ask them if they're going to be there to watch us fight for bowl eligibility. I'd send an e-mail to every professor and ask them to make a mention of it at the beginning of their classes.

Honestly, if I was being paid to do this I would work from 5 AM to 10 PM every day this week on campus and jam it down their throats till they wanted to go. We have to have 25k+ this weekend.

1. The North Texas Daily needs to get involved. The sports editor needs to make it clear that two wins = bowl eligibility. It should also point out our home record and how much the students make a difference.

2. E-mail blast daily! Every day I get a dumb email about a club I do not want to join. There is no reason why the AD can not send out a campus wide e-mail everyday with a different reason to attend the game.

3. Coach Mac's personal email/letter to the editor pumping up students.

4. Signs everywhere and anywhere on campus- Willis (who goes there anymore), Union, outside of buildings etc..

Put considerable effort in to this game and it can be a packed student side, I firmly believe this.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 2

As far as an overall promotion is concerned, set up a deal with one of the wing shops (WingStreet, Wingstop, Buffalo Wild, etc.) offering free/discounted seats in the Wing Zone. That thing has grown on me, but it's kind of an Albatross when it's sitting there almost empty. Didn't there used to be a Wingzone restaurant on Ave. C?

• Upvote 1

As I emailed RV over a year ago, there needs to be a student marketing group made up of representatives from Talons, NT 40, dorm reps, Greeks, etc. Let them loose and they'll get the kids to the games...just give them what they want, if practical. The kids know what the kids want as an incentive to come to the games. Of course, this takes time and organization....................

See if you can get three or four teams of cheerleaders and Scrappy set up with tables in front of Kerr, West, Maple, and give away whatever you can find Mean Green themed...those little nerf footballs, bumper stickers, keychains, whatever, and have tickets on hand to give to students who want to come to the game.

In fact, it might be a good idea for the AD to consider setting up a table outside each of the dining halls or in the lobby of each of the dorms on campus where students can pick up tickets. Take the tickets to them instead of making them come pick up the tickets. Do this early in the week and get tickets into their hands so that they make plans to go to the game early on instead of leaving it for later in the week when plans have already been made.

The reason I say focus on the students in the dorms and not students overall are because these are the students that you know live here and that you know live in close proximity to the stadium. These are the folks you ought to be trying your best to get to Apogee.

I thought Mac's recorded phone call was pretty cool when they changed the game time.

I think it would be effective if he recorded another quick one informing the student body what the team has just accomplished and what the program can accomplish with the last two games on the line. Rally the troops and ask every student to come out etc.

Have the AD send the recorded call out to every student. This will probably get some extra butts in the seats and raise awareness around campus.

It's easy to pass by a sign on the Union wall. It's a bit more of an attention grabber and conversation starter when someone asks you, "Did you get a call from the football coach? Maybe we should go check it out."

This is even more brilliant than the Pterodactly invasion, and I'm not being sarcastic. Our marketing department is finally doing things that are....creative. Freakin Brilliant!

I dunno. Someone suggested it on here about 2 weeks ago (don't remember who).

GMG.com running MGS promotions?