Derek Thompson

BIG DAWG

Being just a redshirt sophomore, I think we all had too high of expectations for this kid going into the season because it seems like he has been here forever.

BUT...after some games where he struggled, it seems he is figuring this whole game out a little, and this guy's future could be brighter than any of us could have eve thought. Look what he has done the last couple of games...my gosh!

@ Troy...31 of 38 for 331 and 2 TDs

v. Monroe...23-39 for 332 and 3 TDs

This guy has not played his best ball yet...that is still to come. He still has two years to mature and get better...it is a good time to be Green

I was leery of Thompson at times, myself forgetting that this is his first year to play significant reps at this level, but he is going to make me a believer, and can't wait to see what this guy does as a senior

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Being just a redshirt sophomore, I think we all had too high of expectations for this kid going into the season because it seems like he has been here forever.

BUT...after some games where he struggled, it seems he is figuring this whole game out a little, and this guy's future could be brighter than any of us could have eve thought. Look what he has done the last couple of games...my gosh!

This guy has not played his best ball yet...that is still to come. He still has two years to mature and get better...it is a good time to be Green

I was leery of Thompson at times, myself forgetting that this is his first year to play significant reps at this level, but he is going to make me a believer, and can't wait to see what this guy does as a senior

How about the throw and catch to Mr. Delgado n the back of the enzone !!! Big time !!!! :goodjob:

• Upvote 3

I am definately excited to see what he can do moving forward.

Great win. Fantastic game by Thompson, and very excited for him. The Mean Green took care of business against a team they should have beaten.

That being said, Derek lit up the worst pass defense in the Belt tonight--as he should have. Keep that in mind for the remaining games. Which will be tougher.

Again--great win tonight.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I hope DT continues to play well, improve and exceed expectations. If he does then I won't have to see any more of McNulty (sp) getting meaningful reps instead of Ozzy. Every time we bring in the back up QB's my stomach turns for more than one reason. Coach Mac is big on preaching integrity, and other character qualities, but when our back up QB's are playing I'm forces to look at Coach Mac's judgement and integrity.

Go Mean Green!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12

Thompson has shown what he is capable of and he will be a top SBC QB heading into next season. I am worried about the hits/concussions he's taken this season. Hopefully, our offensive line play will continue to improve as we add new and talented "big uglies" to the roster. Our freshmen have been outstanding this season.

Coach Mac is big on preaching integrity, and other character qualities, but when our back up QB's are playing I'm forces to look at Coach Mac's judgement and integrity.

Go Mean Green!!

Well how the hell do you expect him to sleep this week knowing that? I swear, if we lose because we are unprepared, it's on you and this post.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Thompson won the Sun Belt Player of the week.

It was the fifth-best single-game completion percentage by an FBS quarterback with a minimum of 30 attempts this season.

Thompson was responsible for three touchdowns in the game - two passing and one rushing and had a pass efficiency rating of 166.9. He threw for 331 yards and had 16 yards rushing for a total of 347 yards. Thompson completed 17 consecutive passes in the game - just six shy of an NCAA record.

He also became just the third player in school history to have two, 300-yard passing games over a three-game stretch.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=205333122

Very, very impressive. Congrats DT!

• Upvote 1