It's Karen Aston Day

FirefightnRick

Lady Mean Green out hustling the Mavs in the first half. Even though UTAlmost is much taller than we are we're ahead at the half 32-24, and it shouldn't even be near that close. This is a much more disciplined, defense grinding team and you can see the difference already coach Aston has made.

Rick

Thanks for the update.

Coach Aston is fun to watch on the bench. Wow, can she chew some ass! And I think she gets onto her assistants just as hard.

She doesn't tolerate anyone in the game missing an assignment and will pull them quickly regardless if they hit a shot or steal the ball or rebound. We sat right behind the bench and listened to every board play she drew up and her talks.

As I said earlier, UTA was a much larger team than us and it had me worried when they all first came out. I was thinking we might be in for a long night. Not a chance. Our girls came out flying after the ball, diving for rebounds and steals. They completely over matched UTA. Had it not been for several chances not finishing under the basket in the first half we would have been up by 20 I suspect?

I love when North Texas beats UTA in basketball. It's a tradition. But it's just nice to see our ladies out hustling. I really enjoyed it and I think everyone will too.

Rick

Coach Aston is fun to watch on the bench. Wow, can she chew some ass! And I think she gets onto her assistants just as hard.

She doesn't tolerate anyone in the game missing an assignment and will pull them quickly regardless if they hit a shot or steal the ball or rebound. We sat right behind the bench and listened to every board play she drew up and her talks.

As I said earlier, UTA was a much larger team than us and it had me worried when they all first came out. I was thinking we might be in for a long night. Not a chance. Our girls came out flying after the ball, diving for rebounds and steals. They completely over matched UTA. Had it not been for several chances not finishing under the basket in the first half we would have been up by 20 I suspect?

I love when North Texas beats UTA in basketball. It's a tradition. But it's just nice to see our ladies out hustling. I really enjoyed it and I think everyone will too.

Rick

Fact.

Amazing, that Stephens with her 94 ft of heat; seldom if ever pressed as much as Aston's team in her first game. Turro and Hudson had great games. Godbolt appeared to stay in the doghouse the first half but finished with a flourish. McCoy started at point and I don't think hit a shoot, but played a good floor game. Newcomers didn't play a lot, it looks like Aston will depend primarily on returning players.

Very encouraging play, UTA is a bad inexperienced team(all freshmen and sophomores) at this point; but a great start to the year. I think it is safe to say; that you either play full out or will be on the bench for Aston. Not sure the talent is there yet for a championship competitive team, but I think the days of record setting losses is over.