HOW MUCH LONGER DO WE HAVE TO WAIT?

meangreen

For the life of me, I am sick and tired of talking about, reading about, and listening to news about realignment. If we're gonna get into the CUSA I hope it happens within the next couple weeks. Anyone have any idea of what the timetable might be?

I'm just so freaking sick and tired of all this crap. Why can't things be like they used to be and everyone worries more about winning every game rather than worrying about who is going to what conference?!?! DRIVES ME INSANE

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Actually the conference affiliation situation is a lot more important than any particular game, not even close. If you don't want to bother with those threads, don't.

Travis Scott, sad that you don't think NT is worthy. Conference affiliation is a lot more involved then just picking the best current football programs. Few universities have invested more in their program and had more progress than NT in the last five years. I find your comments about deserving to move up, very strange and totally false.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I will say that on the whole the fact that realignment has consumed the entire football season nationwide has taken some of the luster off the great game. Unfortunately I believe it will continue until it reaches the law of diminishing returns. greed destroys a lot and gives life to fresh adventures. The BCS is destroying a great game, but the pure has no agenda and will prevail. I like where we are. Keep growing keep winning keep celebrating keep supporting the Green. Ready for the 12th!

GMG

• Upvote 1

Actually the conference affiliation situation is a lot more important than any particular game, not even close. If you don't want to bother with those threads, don't.

Travis Scott, sad that you don't think NT is worthy. Conference affiliation is a lot more involved then just picking the best current football programs. Few universities have invested more in their program and had more progress than NT in the last five years. I find your comments about deserving to move up, very strange and totally false.

Are you serious right now? We have had more progress in the last 5 years than most universities. Leave the moronic statements out please. BTW it's not just these threads that annoy me, it's the national media throwing the realignment crap in our faces every episode of Sportscenter and every article on the internet.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

I deleted my comment...didn't come out like what I had in my head. I fully support UNT and the great growth our whole athletic program has had over the last decade. Like everyone, I just want UNT to win in this conference or the next.

• Upvote 2

Are you serious right now? We have had more progress in the last 5 years than most universities. Leave the moronic statements out please. BTW it's not just these threads that annoy me, it's the national media throwing the realignment crap in our faces every episode of Sportscenter and every article on the internet.

Yes I was serious, apparently you ether can't read or have a problem with comprehension. Moronic statement, give me one example of a non-aq fb division team that has made greater strides than NT in the last 5 years. I don't think I could have made it any clearer, I certainly wasn't talking about the football record but building the foundation of a successful program.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Yes I was serious, apparently you ether can't read or have a problem with comprehension. Moronic statement, give me one example of a non-aq fb division team that has made greater strides than NT in the last 5 years. I don't think I could have made it any clearer, I certainly wasn't talking about the football record but building the foundation of a successful program.

We've spent the last calendar year making strides. Not 5 years.

What exactly have we done to progress in the four years previous to this last one?

• Upvote 2

as soon as Big East falls into place later this month CUSA and MWC will know what holes they need to fill.if BSU & AFA move to Big EAST they probably will be replaced by Utah State and SJSU. If SMU,Houston, and CFU also move they probably will be replaced by UNT and La. Tech in the western division, and F_U in the east.ECU also has an outside chance at Big East membership, which might cost the Belt the other F_U. when the smoke clears, the WAC could be down to NMSU,Idaho, Texas State,and UTSA, while the Sun Belt may have 7 to 8 members. they probably will merge is some fashion, but i think if Belt needs 2 schools, the Texas universities are in. if 3, then NMSU. however, Idaho will probably drop down. please note the number of times "may" and "probably" are used. this is all a work in process, and if you don't enjoy the speculation then try to avoid the subject. i do agree that the subject has somewhat over shadowed the season, but UNT has made a $75 million stadium investment betting on the outcome, which is of great interest to some of us.

• Upvote 4

I hope people don't misunderstand my stance on this. I hope, really hope, that UNT gets into the CUSA. It would be so good for the program. I just get tired of all of it. Seems like these days, the conference affiliation or the money, see: Longhorn Network, is more important than winning actual football games. Makes me sad actually. But GMG

• Upvote 3

In a strange twist of fate living out West in Nevada I have seen more North Texas football games than Longhorn games. It is like beef burger U fell off the face of the earth to college football fans living outside of Texas. I see Penn State, Kent State, UCF, BYU (even BYU now that they are out of the mountain), the Maryland terribles, Baylor, K State, USC, Colorado, Nebraska...an no horns! It has truly been the most bizarre football in college football in the recent past. That is why the stars will align and we will go bowling and win!

Bizarre 2011 for sure!

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Also, I am rooting for USC tonight because the CU band is driving me crazy! Every time the USC band goes to play Fight On, their fight song whatever, the C who band starts playing over them. It's like poison to the ears.

1-9 lives in Boulder

GMG

In a strange twist of fate living out West in Nevada I have seen more North Texas football games than Longhorn games. It is like beef burger U fell off the face of the earth to college football fans living outside of Texas. I see Penn State, Kent State, UCF, BYU (even BYU now that they are out of the mountain), the Maryland terribles, Baylor, K State, USC, Colorado, Nebraska...an no horns! It has truly been the most bizarre football in college football in the recent past. That is why the stars will align and we will go bowling and win!

Bizarre 2011 for sure!

GMG

Two things: (1.) I sure hope you're right, and (2.) I'll have some of what you're having.

We've spent the last calendar year making strides. Not 5 years.

Will I see there are two of you that are fairly glue-less. In the last five years, the student fee vote was passed and ratified by the state government, the athletic center was build, a pro athletic President was hired, and many of the Eagle point athletic facilities were build, the men basketball has had a pretty good run, and the non-revenue sports have been for the most part substantially upgraded; golf, tennis, swimming, etc.

Not sure what you are referring to when you state the last calendar year. That would be 2010 but that makes even less sense than the rest of your post. I assume that one of the strides you are referring to is the football stadium that was an accumulation of several years effort or maybe the new football coaching staff which also can be traced back to the additional resources primarily through the student athletic fee.

• Upvote 1

SMU, TCU, Houston, Boise St, UCF, and any other non-AQ team that is moving to an AQ league.

[/qu

Actually, I considered those teams as being AQ as they are certainly not in competition for a CUSA spot.

However, none of those teams started from the same point as NT. If you overlook that every one of these schools was in a higher rated league and had a lot of advantages NT didn't have. SMU, TCU, Houston have all played at the highest level in the SWC and have decades of tradition behind them and still moved largely because of their location. TCU and SMU have put a lot of money into their programs but on a percentage basis have not made the recent upgrades that NT has. Houston has had a lot of success but again they have not had any big turn up in resources. Boise is kind of unique and although they were in 1aa at the same time as NT, their climb as been steady and begin about ten years ago not five. UCF is a school that probably has done more in the last five years than NT, they have build a new stadium and have developed a good fan base.

Just for the record, I have always thought realignment talks were fairly boring because they are just a bunch of speculation from heavily biased fans. I have had little interest other than when CUSA chose UTEP over NT. However, now the changes have effected NT whether NT changes conferences are not. If NT moves up it will be a positive, if NT stays in the Belt it will definitely be a negative to the program.

My only issue in this thread, is that apparently a small segment of the fans have expressed a myopic view of NT's progress, I assume based on the football program lack of improvement. While football winning is important, it is not everything. NT has made some huge mistakes such as the Dodge hiring, but overall the athletic program has really moved forward in the last few years. So these posts that NT has done nothing to deserve consideration for better conference affiliation are nonsense. The competition is not those schools named but with a couple of exceptions the teams currently in the Belt, WAC, MAC and the FC division.

• Upvote 1

Actually, I considered those teams as being AQ as they are certainly not in competition for a CUSA spot.

However, none of those teams started from the same point as NT. If you overlook that every one of these schools was in a higher rated league and had a lot of advantages NT didn't have. SMU, TCU, Houston have all played at the highest level in the SWC and have decades of tradition behind them and still moved largely because of their location. TCU and SMU have put a lot of money into their programs but on a percentage basis have not made the recent upgrades that NT has. Houston has had a lot of success but again they have not had any big turn up in resources. Boise is kind of unique and although they were in 1aa at the same time as NT, their climb as been steady and begin about ten years ago not five. UCF is a school that probably has done more in the last five years than NT, they have build a new stadium and have developed a good fan base.

Just for the record, I have always thought realignment talks were fairly boring because they are just a bunch of speculation from heavily biased fans. I have had little interest other than when CUSA chose UTEP over NT. However, now the changes have effected NT whether NT changes conferences are not. If NT moves up it will be a positive, if NT stays in the Belt it will definitely be a negative to the program.

My only issue in this thread, is that apparently a small segment of the fans have expressed a myopic view of NT's progress, I assume based on the football program lack of improvement. While football winning is important, it is not everything. NT has made some huge mistakes such as the Dodge hiring, but overall the athletic program has really moved forward in the last few years. So these posts that NT has done nothing to deserve consideration for better conference affiliation are nonsense. The competition is not those schools named but with a couple of exceptions the teams currently in the Belt, WAC, MAC and the FC division.

• Upvote 1

For the life of me, I am sick and tired of talking about, reading about, and listening to news about realignment. If we're gonna get into the CUSA I hope it happens within the next couple weeks. Anyone have any idea of what the timetable might be?

I'm just so freaking sick and tired of all this crap. Why can't things be like they used to be and everyone worries more about winning every game rather than worrying about who is going to what conference?!?! DRIVES ME INSANE

Big East will announce next week . CUSA will announce the following week . CUSA west will b UTEP, UNT, Tulsa, Rice , La Tech , Tulane and maybe Memphis.

CUSA east will add both FIU and FAU . Troy could come into play because of the problems at UAB.

For the west this creates local competition to fill stadiums and would slash travel cost for the athletic department. We would b n a conference were u could drive or fly SWA. U will have a CUSA playoff and champion, that will play the MWC champion at Jerry's place. Forget AQ how good and enjoyable would this conf b for the athletes and fans !!! GMG :sword: