SMU Fan says drop UNT from the schedule

Harry

Look, I understand for wanting to schedule them. Easy driving distance and they would bring a respectable number to Ford. However, there is no incentive now for us to ever play them. They will now be the only DFW program that doesn't have AQ status. Let them rot. If we win its expected but if we lose its a disaster. Not to mention the enormous case of penis envy they have for us that it would be their Super Bowl to beat SMU. Now that we are in the Big East, I think we should use that elevated status to try and start a series w/ Notre Dame.

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57241&sid=69fe51306902495a3b84457e64fec9b1

After reading SMT's signature at the bottom of his postings it seems like he has a grudge with UNT. Maybe he applied for grad school and we turned him down. Just seems odd to me that you have your signature dedicated to a school that is beneath you. Oh well, let him sit high on top of his mountain, something will knock him down soon enough.

I didn't see him getting a lot of support.

There are several things that he needs to consider. Notre Dame may feel the same toward SMU as he feels toward us. They need as many butts in the seats and wins as they can. Highly unlikely that they'll get many playing Notre Dame consistently. They stand a much better chance of both by playing us.

This is one comment from one supporter. Ignore it and consider the source. We've said a lot worse about them to my chagrin. There are also many on this board that feel the same way towards Texas State and UTSA.

It never makes you taller when you try to push others down.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 1

After reading SMT's signature at the bottom of his postings it seems like he has a grudge with UNT. Maybe he applied for grad school and we turned him down. Just seems odd to me that you have your signature dedicated to a school that is beneath you. Oh well, let him sit high on top of his mountain, something will knock him down soon enough.

Does anyone really care that SMU is going to the Big East? I think this is going to be a disaster in the long run for them, because what the BE will become is CUSA v2.0 without a AQ spot. If they think that Rutgers and Cincy are going to fill their stadium then good luck with that.

• Upvote 1

I didn't see him getting a lot of support.

There are several things that he needs to consider. Notre Dame may feel the same toward SMU as he feels toward us. They need as many butts in the seats and wins as they can. Highly unlikely that they'll get many playing Notre Dame consistently. They stand a much better chance of both by playing us.

This is one comment from one supporter. Ignore it and consider the source. We've said a lot worse about them to my chagrin. There are also many on this board that feel the same way towards Texas State and UTSA.

It never makes you taller when you try to push others down.

Just wanted to quote this since there's a ton of truth in here. Some of our folks would do well to understand this.

I've fallen prey to reading their message board...more so recently. Recently, the fascination(for me) has been to read the thoughts of those that are moving up. Find out what that's like.

The fact that they keep kicking us while we are down speaks volumes. Yes, we've got goldenpony and comet that come over here and atleast don't stomp on our heads over there... they seem decent enough. Even offering up words of encouragement. To them I say thank you. That is classy, and I'm sorry for not accepting your words at face value...

I personally am going to make it a point to never visit over there again. I've never posted over there, and I would suggest that everybody on this board NEVER POST THERE AGAIN. Just leave them be. When we play them in a couple of years, who knows what the situation will be. We may be better... we may be the same. who knows... they could be down with bad win/loss records over the next season or so, or...they could be killing it. The bottom line is, if you go over there read and/or post, you are asking for their venom. DON'T DO IT. We should NOT care what they think.

This is our domain here. This is our safe haven. Lets stay here and enjoy the positives we have now. Like it or not, we have to be patient(yet again) in an impatient/knee jerk/'fix it yesterday' world. In the mean time, we just need to keep our heads low and work on building a fun atmosphere around our athletic programs as alums. We know we love our university. We want SOOOOO much to see good things out of it. Leave the SMU people to themselves. The other universities that have moved up have handled it better than them... I'm sure other fanbases have handled it worse... whatever.

Now lets focus and kick the ever living sh!t out of the bye week. I know I will personally commit to having a touchdown beer every 15 minutes starting at 6:00 pm this Saturday...and won't finish until about 9:45'ish that evening. By my beer count, we will be winning 63 - 0 before I start taking a knee on the td beers. WHO'S WITH ME?????

Edited by SHOSS
  • Upvote 2

What a nitwit wannabe elitist. I work with a lot of SMU alums..one of which is a very large donor. That guys gives the good people of SMU a bad name. The group I work with even agrees that UNT is one of the best choices for Conference USA and have been more than respectful of our growth and new digs in Denton. Our future is quite bright at UNT.

GO MEAN GREEN

JRock

...The fact that they keep kicking us while we are down speaks volumes.

Leave the SMU people to themselves. The other universities that have moved up have handled it better than them...

The biggest sin Todd Dodge ever committed was losing to SMU in his first year after DD had established dominance over them.

...I'm only partly saying that tongue in cheek. :P

I've fallen prey to reading their message board...more so recently. Recently, the fascination(for me) has been to read the thoughts of those that are moving up. Find out what that's like.

The fact that they keep kicking us while we are down speaks volumes. Yes, we've got goldenpony and comet that come over here and atleast don't stomp on our heads over there... they seem decent enough. Even offering up words of encouragement. To them I say thank you. That is classy, and I'm sorry for not accepting your words at face value...

I personally am going to make it a point to never visit over there again. I've never posted over there, and I would suggest that everybody on this board NEVER POST THERE AGAIN. Just leave them be. When we play them in a couple of years, who knows what the situation will be. We may be better... we may be the same. who knows... they could be down with bad win/loss records over the next season or so, or...they could be killing it. The bottom line is, if you go over there read and/or post, you are asking for their venom. DON'T DO IT. We should NOT care what they think.

This is our domain here. This is our safe haven. Lets stay here and enjoy the positives we have now. Like it or not, we have to be patient(yet again) in an impatient/knee jerk/'fix it yesterday' world. In the mean time, we just need to keep our heads low and work on building a fun atmosphere around our athletic programs as alums. We know we love our university. We want SOOOOO much to see good things out of it. Leave the SMU people to themselves. The other universities that have moved up have handled it better than them... I'm sure other fanbases have handled it worse... whatever.

Now lets focus and kick the ever living sh!t out of the bye week. I know I will personally commit to having a touchdown beer every 15 minutes starting at 6:00 pm this Saturday...and won't finish until about 9:45'ish that evening. By my beer count, we will be winning 63 - 0 before I start taking a knee on the td beers. WHO'S WITH ME?????

Great post Shoss!

It's one post by one jackwagon poster. Again without them moving up our chances at CUSA/MWC is a lot more slim. He's one of the few posters that make the whole school look bad. I work with and have several SMU friends and they don't have any elitist mindsets like people make SMU out to be. They have their fair share of jackwagons and believe it or not UNT has their fair share too.

• Upvote 1

And since 1972 when I transferred to North Texas from Alvin Community College I know without a shadow of a doubt that SMT is the only SMU'er I can remember to express a negative aimed at North Texas.:rolleyes: Our relation with SMU has been as amicable as Lucy and Ethel were as next door neigbhors.

Former SMU AD Dick Davis turned me sour on SMU when on KRLD Sports Central one evening he showed the arrogance of an Arab Shiek in the middle of a harem with blue pills in hand. Davis also was more than condescending toward North Texas when a caller called in asking why not schedule North Texas. That was the begininng of my own disdain toward the school--no wenis envy at all, either.

I know perhaps a few of you from DFW fell in love with SMU during the Doak Walker era, maybe even Don Meredith days, too, and haven't forgotten what were probably more civil times back then, but North Texas was a non-entity athletically back then up there in what was little ol' lazy Denton and for all practical purposes was all but playing football where quarter horses and cows grazed nearby. I would think that the subject of North Texas back then never crossed any SMU'ers minds. It did for Lamar Hunt since he came up to Denton and the UNT campus to find his wife and now widow, Norma.

SMU caught another break and yet another chance for Big Time from ESPN and (most likely) with ESPN's Craig James using his employment by ESPN to influence Big East powers to seal that deal, but I don't think anything in today's NCAA is stable by any means. NOTE: La Tech is using Terry Bradshaw as their ambassodor of good will in attempts to get CUSA's attention and for what it's worth....all power to them---they are being pro-active. I hope we are and I'd wager with Lane Rawlins as our Prez' that that is the case. Maybe our Mean Joe Greene could meet Terry Bradshaw at the CUSA HQ's door and those 2 just do some plain o' Indian 'wrastling with winner take all--and an immediate CUSA admission!:rolleyes:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1