Musical chairs

meangreenbob

If we get in it's by default , not because we earned it

NT has made more progress in athletics in the last decade than it has in the prior life of the program. I guess you may have a point if you are referring to football record but NT has long last put a solid foundation in place with increased funding, better facilities and a supportive administration. I would state that NT has earned it when you compare the investment that NT has recently put into athletic to those of other likely candidates for better conference affiliation.

• Upvote 2

Better hope RV and Dr.Rawlings know something we don't because this will be disastrous for UNT. Think we don't get our fair share of local sports time now? You just wait!

To even suggest that RV and Dr. Rawlins do not know more than some random message board sports fans is simply inane on the face of it. Why is it that when something comes up...anything for that matter...some folks just immediately go to the "UNT is bad, UNT is wrong, UNT doesn't know what it';s doing, UNT has bad staffers, bad coaches who don't know enough to make the best player decisions, and on and on? It just gets so lame after awhile.

I can see it now...RV and staff sitting around the conference table on Monday at the staff meeting and RV opens the meeting with "OK, guys, what can we mess up this week? Any suggestions? Make it a biggie. Oh, no suggestions today...well, let's go ask all the experts on GMG.com. They obviously know everything and about everything as well".

IT'S RV'"S JOB to look out for the best interests of UNT and UNT Athletics. Why would anyone think he didn't know more than everyone on this board about his own athletic department. Give it a rest, folks. Why would anyone think he would not be making the best decisions he can for UNT given the circumstances and dollars he has to work with under the direction of the president of the university?

Every parent on this board knows what it is like to have made a decision based on the information at hand that didn't turn out as well as expected. But, you made the best decision you could based on the information available to you at that time. Second guess yourself, sure, but beat yourself up...no...just move on and do the best you can with that next decision. If you think you will "win 'em all" you are in for a VERY rude awakening.

Sometimes there are just things going on that folks on the outside have no idea about...such as limits on dollars, limits on time, instructions from above, meetings being held, strategies developed, etc., etc. It's always easy to say "should have known, or I would have done, or you should have done or that was a bad idea, or what didn't you?", it isn't as easy being the one actually making and doing.

Fun to speculate and discuss, yes, indeed, but to constantly indicate that UNT is behind the curve or making no or bad decisions is just plain wrong. It seems to me to be a symptom of the "UNT Family's Attitude" toward UNT. I do not find this same constant criticism coming from the alums and friends of my other universities. It's an attitude that does UNT no good whatsoever in my opinion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

To even suggest that RV and Dr. Rawlins do not know more than some random message board sports fans is simply inane on the face of it. Why is it that when something comes up...anything for that matter...some folks just immediately go to the "UNT is bad, UNT is wrong, UNT doesn't know what it';s doing, UNT has bad staffers, bad coaches who don't know enough to make the best player decisions, and on and on? It just gets so lame after awhile.

I can see it now...RV and staff sitting around the conference table on Monday at the staff meeting and RV opens the meeting with "OK, guys, what can we mess up this week? Any suggestions? Make it a biggie. Oh, no suggestions today...well, let's go ask all the experts on GMG.com. They obviously know everything and about everything as well".

IT'S RV'"S JOB to look out for the best interests of UNT and UNT Athletics. Why would anyone think he didn't know more than everyone on this board about his own athletic department. Give it a rest, folks. Why would anyone think he would not be making the best decisions he can for UNT given the circumstances and dollars he has to work with under the direction of the president of the university?

Every parent on this board knows what it is like to have made a decision based on the information at hand that didn't turn out as well as expected. But, you made the best decision you could based on the information available to you at that time. Second guess yourself, sure, but beat yourself up...no...just move on and do the best you can with that next decision. If you think you will "win 'em all" you are in for a VERY rude awakening.

Sometimes there are just things going on that folks on the outside have no idea about...such as limits on dollars, limits on time, instructions from above, meetings being held, strategies developed, etc., etc. It's always easy to say "should have known, or I would have done, or you should have done or that was a bad idea, or what didn't you?", it isn't as easy being the one actually making and doing.

Fun to speculate and discuss, yes, indeed, but to constantly indicate that UNT is behind the curve or making no or bad decisions is just plain wrong. It seems to me to be a symptom of the "UNT Family's Attitude" toward UNT. I do not find this same constant criticism coming from the alums and friends of my other universities. It's an attitude that does UNT no good whatsoever in my opinion.

Good grief Kram. Please don't quote me and then write an essay that has nothing to do with what I said.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It is a very valid concern that we are NEVER brought up in realignment scenerios. It speaks to the perception of the program right now. This realignment is not about strengthening, it's about survival. Conferences looking to survive don't go around adding a program that is perceived as one of the worst in the nation. Perception is hugely important this time around, and, like it or not, we are kind of a joke nationally.

Hope I'm as wrong about this as I was about the ULM game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

It is a very valid concern that we are NEVER brought up in realignment scenerios. It speaks to the perception of the program right now. This realignment is not about strengthening, it's about survival. Conferences looking to survive don't go around adding a program that is perceived as one of the worst in the nation. Perception is hugely important this time around, and, like it or not, we are kind of a joke nationally.

I must say it is a little concerning that our name is never brought up in the media. Maybe we really aren't being considered by anybody and that is why we hear very little if anything in regards to UNT and realignment.

The problem is that we are joke REGIONALLY, which is why we are irrelevant nationally. Its why NORTH TEXAS STATE gets regurgitated when we do finally get any national pub. Make no mistake about it, though--our reputation in Texas and in this region is what kills us.

The problem is that we are joke REGIONALLY, which is why we are irrelevant nationally. Its why NORTH TEXAS STATE gets regurgitated when we do finally get any national pub. Make no mistake about it, though--our reputation in Texas and in this region is what kills us.

And the fact that a play by play guy can do a whole game and refer us as North Texas University in front of our AD nonetheless.

I must say it is a little concerning that our name is never brought up in the media. Maybe we really aren't being considered by anybody and that is why we hear very little if anything in regards to UNT and realignment.

Stealth realignment?

Keith

• Upvote 1