Arkansas St. Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

The Mean Green are coming off another rout at home, and are going on the road to face the last undefeated Sun Belt team. Defense is playing extremely well consistently and to the surprise of many, the passing game exploded last week, fueling the blowout.

The Red Wolves are lead by a stingy defense and probably the best QB in the conference. Aplin is like Riley Dodge with a dependable arm, and coach Freeze's spread is everything we wanted coach Dodge's to be.

This one has a possibility of getting ugly like the ULL game unless the Mean Green can duplicate last week's performance. The Mean Green will get to 6-6 this season to become bowl eligible... however, they'll have to reel off 3 straight to close out the year because I don't see this game as a win for the good guys. :cry:

Mean Green: 21

Red Wolves: 34

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Well, I staying with the Green Kool-Aid and a newly positive team attitude...I'll say the Mean green pull off the upset of Arky State...close. but the Mean green get it done on the foot of none other than Zach Olen....beautiful drive late in the 4th by Thompson and Company, great snap by dependable #78, Troy Kokjohn, perfect catch and hold by Will Attaberry and Zach nails a 47 yard-er to seal the win for the Mean green. Yep, book it Danno...I've seen it in the tea leaves...green tea leaves that is.

UNT: 27

Arky State: 24

The Mean Green fly back to Denton without the plane after this BIG win for the Good Guys!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ryan Aplin is the best QB in the Sun Belt. Fortunately for us, we have the best defense in the Sun Belt (yes, you read that correctly). I strongly suspect that we put a spy on Aplin, maybe Herron, and if we contain his rushing, which I suspect we will, the score will be...

UNT 27

ASU 24

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2

Ryan Aplin is the best QB in the Sun Belt. Fortunately for us, we have the best defense in the Sun Belt (yes, you read that correctly). I strongly suspect that we put a spy on Aplin, maybe Herron, and if we contain his rushing, which I suspect we will, the score will be...

UNT 27

ASU 24

Go Mean Green!

I can agree with that, but to me this game is all about the battle of the trenches. ASU has a great front 7 and our OL is ok and showing improvment but not great. But I do think our DL can put pressure on Aplin but hes pretty good at moving around the pocket and our DB's cant handle being in coverage for more than 5 seconds.

Ive been a DT fan for a while but this game is all about how our OL can handle the blitz and DT making the right plays. He was lucky last week but if he can manage the game and our receivers make plays well win, but if not its gonna be a blow out. We have to play smart but we dont have to be perfect

Edited by Dr. Seuss

I want North Texas to win every game, of course, but I try to be a realist about the outcome. This time pastorgrant seemed to be preaching to me..."Oh, ye of little faith!" so I'm flipping by original thought of an stAte win by seven to a loss by seven.

Mean Green 31

Red Wolves 24

Ready to be baptized in Green Kool-Aid?

I still can't see it. We lose big. Sorry guys, I really like this D and the heart of the team. But show me something (anything) on the road.

ASU 34

UNT 10

Sadly, I agree with you, but think it will be a bit closer.

ASU 30

UNT 14

The road break through comes against Troy.

• Upvote 1

I don't get those who are saying, "I just don't see a UNT win." Folks, have you seen the Belt this year? The parity this year is greater than it's ever been. There is not a single possible matchup in the Belt where it would surprise me if either team won, with the possible exception of FAU against one of the better teams. But even FAU gave ULL all they could handle.

Yeah, ASU beat FIU, who beat the tar out of us. But if we were to play FIU now, it would be a whole different game than it was at the beginning of the year. ASU also struggled a lot more with ULM than we did.

Predicting this game is tough, but I would be shocked if we did not cover the spread by a comfortable margin.