North Texas Chant

Rudy

When the "U-N-T-Mother F-in'-Eagles!" first started with the Pit Crew and basketball band, I thought it was great. At first it was a hushed, under your breath "MFing", something that kinda make you giggle and shake your head a bit and think "That's exactly what I want to say but I'm not gonna scream it". Especially when the Johnny's guys were really kicking ass. But by the end of last basketball season and now at football, the F-bomb is the loudest part of the song. It's gotten trashy. It's bad enough that the only part of the fight song that most students know is the U-N-T-Eagles chant without the loudest, most recognizable part of it being "Mother F-ing".

Now, as for adding the "CAW!!!" after "Eagles!" in the fight song, I am ALL for THAT.

Also, we should have had the entire stadium shaking their keys and doing the "Start the Bus" chant after Lance scored that last touchdown against Monroe. It's awesome enough when the whole Super Pit does it, and one can only imagine what it'd be like if all of Apogee did it.

I was in the BB Band when this was started. I've seen Dr. Williams kick people out of the band for shouting the MF-ing Eagles. I think it's trashy when you add swearing into one of your school's songs.

• Upvote 3

After every NT score, wait until after the band finishes playing the fight song, then the student section start with the "North" and the Alumni side will follow with "Texas" Continue to do so until the Kickoff team comes out to line up for the kickoff.

How many times are we to try and organize the 'north... texas...' chant on a message board?

Many on the alumni side do the "Beep, beep, beep" on penalties for the opposing offense. Simple, as the ref starts to announce a penalty on their offense, Start yelling a high pitched "beep" as the ref moves the ball back.

Put me in the group of people who have always hated this. It really annoyed me to sit behind the Talons while I was a student and be forced to listen to the 'high pitched beep' for every penalty.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wouldnt be opposed to having a "MEAN" - "GREEN" chant instead of or part of the "North" "Texas" chant....It just seems like it would sound better in a stadium setting.

Can you see schools like TT chanting "Texas" - "Tech"??? The "Raider" "Power" chant is pretty cool in person.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wouldnt be opposed to having a "MEAN" - "GREEN" chant instead of or part of the "North" "Texas" chant....It just seems like it would sound better in a stadium setting.

Can you see schools like TT chanting "Texas" - "Tech"??? The "Raider" "Power" chant is pretty cool in person.

Except we've been yelling "North" and "Texas" for years... Let's not kill a tradition, even if it is having a hard time making it's way across the highway.

Love the idea of everyone doing the NORTH and TEXAS call and response after the fight song but something that got me at Homecoming was how few fans actually sing the fight song. Wish we could all get in on that, show some pride and yell/sing our jubilation but perhaps it's too much to ask.

What if, knowing that singing a full song would be asking to much, we all yell (in unison) the FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT part?

I think I would be motivated to hear that if I was on the field.

Thoughts?

Love the idea of everyone doing the NORTH and TEXAS call and response after the fight song but something that got me at Homecoming was how few fans actually sing the fight song. Wish we could all get in on that, show some pride and yell/sing our jubilation but perhaps it's too much to ask.

What if, knowing that singing a full song would be asking to much, we all yell (in unison) the FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT part?

I think I would be motivated to hear that if I was on the field.

Thoughts?

What about the spelling of U-N-T with your arms? Is that not part of it anymore. I don't see anyone doing that anymore.

I don't have a problem with people not singing the fight song (I actually don't either). But I'd like everyone to join in 'U-N-T Eagles. Fight Fight Fight." I feel out of place when I do it. Sad.