North Texas Chant

Rudy

After every NT score, wait until after the band finishes playing the fight song, then the student section start with the "North" and the Alumni side will follow with "Texas" Continue to do so until the Kickoff team comes out to line up for the kickoff.

This will take a few times to get going officially. Most traditions take time, but lets make this a tradition. Students, pass this on to everyone on the student side.

• Downvote 1

It's never really been a coordinated chat. The only time it was remotely coordinated was when we were at Fouts and they had that stupid PA system on the field. Talk about small time, it was just like what they use at Pee Wee games. OU and I think Arkansas do their chants after a score. I think it would sound amazing at Apogee. I have talked to RV about doing some sort of visual cue on the video board, he says he is discussing it with the athletic department. I think if we can get the word out, it can be done without visual cue. I've mentioned it to the Talons, and I am going to see what I can do about contacting other student groups and getting it going from there. Then, I think the alumni side will pick up on it, especially if those of us who are on the board know to expect it and can get it going.

While we are creating this tradition (which I like), let do the North Texas chant 4 times followed by "HEY YOU ON THE HILL, THANKS FOR BEING A PART OF THE GAMEDAY EXPERIENCE, PLEASE COME INSIDE TO WATCH THE GAME"

couldn't resist :rolleyes:

As far as that goes, I like the tradition of NTPD handing out public intoxication citations to everyone out there unless they choose to enter the stadium.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's never really been a coordinated chat. The only time it was remotely coordinated was when we were at Fouts and they had that stupid PA system on the field. Talk about small time, it was just like what they use at Pee Wee games. OU and I think Arkansas do their chants after a score. I think it would sound amazing at Apogee. I have talked to RV about doing some sort of visual cue on the video board, he says he is discussing it with the athletic department. I think if we can get the word out, it can be done without visual cue. I've mentioned it to the Talons, and I am going to see what I can do about contacting other student groups and getting it going from there. Then, I think the alumni side will pick up on it, especially if those of us who are on the board know to expect it and can get it going.

Having the cue on the video board is a great idea. The Rangers do this during the playoffs and it's so electric and loud. They show Texas on the upper deck and Rangers on the bottom deck. It's very awesome and everyone is on the same page.

Edited by Travis Scott

Having the cue on the video board is a great idea. The Rangers do this during the playoffs and it's so electric and loud. They show Texas on the upper deck and Rangers on the bottom deck. It's very awesome and everyone is on the same page.

At Fouts they had cheerleaders on one side of the stadium with "North" signs and cheerleaders on the other side with "Texas" signs.

It's really that easy. I have no clue why they took them away this season.

• Upvote 2

I mentioned it before the Tulsa game. I will try and follow up with him the next time I see him. Even if the athletic department likes it, it would probably take some time to make the graphics for it. Which is why I say we take it upon ourselves to start. I will try and approach the cheerleaders about the signs. I think I mentioned it last year and I got the impression they were just blowing me off.

Negative...there are alot of kids in the stadium. I cringe when the students do it next to us at the basketball games, and I wish it would stop.

Please.

What college games have you been to that are "family friendly"?

At every college game I've been to, I've heard upwards of 50+ curse words during the game. We're right on pace.

Edited by rjmunthe
  • Downvote 9

Chant Idea #2

Many on the alumni side do the "Beep, beep, beep" on penalties for the opposing offense. Simple, as the ref starts to announce a penalty on their offense, Start yelling a high pitched "beep" as the ref moves the ball back. People on the alumni side and players seem to get a kick out of it. Imagine how cool it would sound if 15,000 + did it at the same time.

• Downvote 1

At every college game I've been to, I've heard upwards of 50+ curse words during the game. We're right on pace.

And that makes it right? I can be one of the most vocal against the other team you have ever heard, but there is a limit. You don't wish injury, and you shouldn't cuss all the time. And I'd even yell "Welcome to hell, bitch." I just think that F bombs should be left alone.

• Upvote 4

Well, ours used to be. Just because everyone else does it (I am not convinced they do) doesn't mean we should. Show you are educated and use a vocabulary of more than a handful of four letter words.

• Upvote 4

When I was a student, I often found myself longing for some alum in his mid-thirties to tell me how to cheer for my team. Weird everyone seems just to be blowing this off.

*I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just saying this approach is not likely to work.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

When I was a student, I often found myself longing for some alum in his mid-thirties to tell me how to cheer for my team. Weird everyone seems just to be blowing this off.

*I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just saying this approach is not likely to work.

Which idea are you referring to?

Which idea are you referring to?

The one(s) where you -- or any alum on this board -- tries to influence attitudinal college kids on how to cheer or what to do. Working through RV and the AD is great, but trying to go right at student organizations is just not likely to work.

To boil this down to one sentence: "For your own good and sanity, please leave the 18-22 year old girls alone."

• Upvote 3

Well, at least some of us are trying to make positive changes.

*Edit* I just realized you are referring to the post I made about talking to the cheerleaders. You assumed that I sought out a female cheerleader about this. Actually, what really happened was I passed by one of the male cheerleaders while walking around tailgating last season and attempted discuss this with him.

Edited by Rudy

And that makes it right? I can be one of the most vocal against the other team you have ever heard, but there is a limit. You don't wish injury, and you shouldn't cuss all the time. And I'd even yell "Welcome to hell, bitch." I just think that F bombs should be left alone.

So, yelling "bitch" next to a 3 year old is okay, but the "f-bomb" is too much?

While I'm absolutely against cheering for injury or chering because of an injury, the cussing chants while not that classy are pretty common and since there are no children over there I'm not really worried about it.

So, yelling "bitch" next to a 3 year old is okay, but the "f-bomb" is too much?

While I'm absolutely against cheering for injury or chering because of an injury, the cussing chants while not that classy are pretty common and since there are no children over there I'm not really worried about it.

I never said it was appropriate to yell any cuss words next to a 3 year old.

Edited by Rudy