DEFENSE BABY!

FirefightnRick

Holding that crew to 2 of 12 on third down? Wow!

Other than that one 5 play 80 yard drive they played MEAN GREEN DEFENSE. it's been a long time.

We're very proud of you.

And a big attaboy to Derek Thompson for managing a good game today. People have been very hard on him. Today he should have earned some respect!

IT'S ALL GREEN AND ALL GOOD!!!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 6

Holding that crew to 2 of 12 on third down? Wow!

Other than that one 5 play 80 yard drive they played MEAN GREEN DEFENSE. it's been a long time.

We're very proud of you.

And a big attaboy to Derek Thompson for managing a good game today. People have been very hard on him. Today he should have earned some respect!

IT'S ALL GREEN AND ALL GOOD!!!

Rick

WHAT A GREAT GAME!!!!!!!! Our defense is on FIRE!!!!! GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

JRock

• Upvote 3

We finally played an entire game. Folks, I hate to jump the gun, but if we play like this we will win out!!

finally the off showed up....DT deserves credit and Dunbar was finally able to break a few long plays...esp the 60 yrd play in the 4th...good for him...very proud of you Dunbar. Receivers did great job tonight. AK...your the man....and some newbies are getting some recognition as well...overall a very good (and entertaining) game...the MG finished strong in the 2nd half and should be proud of the way they played...I am so happy for these guys...they are giving the students and homecrowd a reason to show up..great job!!

It is so satisfying to see an actual defense out there flying around and knocking the dog s&*t out of people. The last time I saw a defense like this, Booger was the featured player.

On offense they finally kept the most consistent playmakers out there (Bynes, Chancellor, DelGado) for most of the game, instead of rotating everyone in and out.

Excuse me, ended up holding them to 2 for 14 on 3rd down.

Wow!

Rick

I like the progress the D is making. I like the fact that most of the front 7 will be back

next year. If you add in some of the recruits and transfers, we have the makings of a stout D next year. We will be quite young especially in the secondary, but our potential is great.

GMG

Edited by mean green d

Coach McCarney came to North Texas with the reputation of being able to build something from scratch. He is still revered at Iowa State for taking an impossible collegiate situation in Ames, IA, and taking that program to 5 bowl games even beating the Iowa Hawkeyes 4 or 5 times, too..

I thought Coach Chico called a good game offensively and once Derek T. slowed down his early game adrenalin rush of throwing passes way out front of the receivers he finally became a Texas gun slinger. Mr. Dunbar seemed many times one ankle tackle from breaking several long runs although he did get that beautiful long TD run during clutch time.

Can we win on the road becomes the next question. Looks like WKU who some had penciled in for a win will not be that now after their ULaLa win. The SBC will always have a hard time getting a school inside the Top 25 because we beat up on each other too much.

Derek Thompson said something after the game that Chico decided to let DT throw the ball more this week - to open things up offensively. Perhaps the probem in previous weeks was the young players, DT's lack of experience, and then DT's injury that kept the offense more vanilla. It seems that after the success tonight we should see more of the same next week.

great to see Hilbert Jackson play great inplace of Warren. Also why do we not see more of Laramie Lee on defense he is constantly referenced on Special Teams.

Who's Warren?

EDIT: nm, you're talking about Freddie Warner. Hilbert didn't get the start did he? I thought Ford started.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98