Count usout!

ntexeagle

The wife and I, plus one other coupel had plans to drive from Shreveport to the Saturday EVENING game. Because the university has made the decision to move the game time, we will not be able to attend.

Those of us that travel have to make plans in advance, our guest could not get out of their plans and neither could my wife. Changing the time five days prior just is not considerate.

I understand the World Series is a big deal, but to reschedule the game so people wont stay home is idiocy. Those that would stay home will still stay home. They are the same ones that stayed home the last home game because it "looked like rain". They are the same "fans" that stay home because "it is too far to walk from Fouts". They are the same ones that stay home because "the benches are too hard".

I hate that we cannot attend but evidently my university is only concerned about the local fan for this game.

Good luck and GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 8

The wife and I, plus one other coupel had plans to drive from Shreveport to the Saturday EVENING game. Because the university has made the decision to move the game time, we will not be able to attend.

Those of us that travel have to make plans in advance, our guest could not get out of their plans and neither could my wife. Changing the time five days prior just is not considerate.

I understand the World Series is a big deal, but to reschedule the game so people wont stay home is idiocy. Those that would stay home will still stay home. They are the same ones that stayed home the last home game because it "looked like rain". They are the same "fans" that stay home because "it is too far to walk from Fouts". They are the same ones that stay home because "the benches are too hard".

I hate that we cannot attend but evidently my university is only concerned about the local fan for this game.

Good luck and GO MEAN GREEN

UNT has a long history of bad bad decisions and the decision to move the game time up ranks way up there. In this case UNT has given in to the wants to people who are not hard core fans and to hell with those like us who care enough to lend support no matter what game is on TV.

Bad bad decision shows weakness on the part of our decision makers.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

So six less people can't go from gmg.com but maybe 5,000 everyday fans will be willing to go. Seems like this is a smart gamble by the AD.

You have to be kidding people have their schedules made in advance, and people we would lose to the Rangers game we will lose anyways. Now those that had soccer games & whatever which will now make them late have even better reason to stay home and watch the Rangers.

Really Bad Decision!!!

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So six less people can't go from gmg.com but maybe 5,000 everyday fans will be willing to go. Seems like this is a smart gamble by the AD.

If moving the kickoff up two hours gets us 5000 more "everyday fans" I'll streak the halftime show.

There's no way we get 5000 more "everyday fans". None. Zilch. Nada. A couple hundred? That's possible.

Most folks, be they those of us here on GMG or the whatever these "everyday fans" you speak of, made up their minds about this trade off a long time ago. They were either already going to go to Homecoming or they were already going to go watch the Rangers.

All moving kickoff up does is screw up Homecoming tailgating for those of us who chose the Mean Green over the Rangers. Like I wrote earlier, I'm not a fan of this move and it irritates me, but we'll cope.

I simply wish that the decision hadn't been made to make those of us who chose the Mean Green "cope" for Homecoming.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Guys....welcome to the REAL FREAKING WORLD. The point is too not only get those travelling alumn into the stadium (awesome if you are making the trek) but to get fair-weather fans (students mostly) to NOT have an excuse to miss this game. For those of you that were at the FAU game you know we CANNOT have that occur again.

Akron opened it's stadium in 2007 and had 17k fans per game average. The year before they were at 16k (not far off from us last year). The next year they averaged 9k and while I know that will never happen here.....we have to get stronger averages anyway we can.

After observing the FAU game one can see that the fairweather fans (primarily endzone seats) were not there.....but more depressing was the student section. Now what on earth produced that dismal result?

1.) Rangers Playoffs

2.) Losing to teams that the students didn't know anything about

3.) Threat of Rain (actually...this should be #2)

4.) Playing against a team noone had ever heard of (esp the freshman).

Well we can't do anything about 3 of those variables but we can do something about the 1st. Don't give any "watching parties" the opportunity to supersede our student's intended Saturday plans. Some of you will be negatively affected and that sucks...but this is the right move. As far as stating "UNT has a long history of bad bad decisions and the decision to move the game time up ranks way up there" can you say overreaction?

I cannot attend the game and gladly sold my tickets at a very discounted rate to someone on the board giving him his first opportunity to go to the stadium. Sometimes things come up and you don't like them but don't act like a freaking baby for a 3 hour change in kickoff time.

Guys....welcome to the REAL FREAKING WORLD. The point is too not only get those travelling alumn into the stadium (awesome if you are making the trek) but to get fair-weather fans (students mostly) to NOT have an excuse to miss this game. For those of you that were at the FAU game you know we CANNOT have that occur again.

Akron opened it's stadium in 2007 and had 17k fans per game average. The year before they were at 16k (not far off from us last year). The next year they averaged 9k and while I know that will never happen here.....we have to get stronger averages anyway we can.

After observing the FAU game one can see that the fairweather fans (primarily endzone seats) were not there.....but more depressing was the student section. Now what on earth produced that dismal result?

1.) Rangers Playoffs

2.) Losing to teams that the students didn't know anything about

3.) Threat of Rain (actually...this should be #2)

4.) Playing against a team noone had ever heard of (esp the freshman).

Well we can't do anything about 3 of those variables but we can do something about the 1st. Don't give any "watching parties" the opportunity to supersede our student's intended Saturday plans. Some of you will be negatively affected and that sucks...but this is the right move. As far as stating "UNT has a long history of bad bad decisions and the decision to move the game time up ranks way up there" can you say overreaction?

I cannot attend the game and gladly sold my tickets at a very discounted rate to someone on the board giving him his first opportunity to go to the stadium. Sometimes things come up and you don't like them but don't act like a freaking baby for a 3 hour change in kickoff time.

I would say weather is the number one hurtle for our fan base, unless the game means something like a championship and a bowl bid.

My experience is that this move will not help and only hurt, and hurt heavily.

• Upvote 1

Hardcore fans don't bring the bucks. T shirt fans that come at their own convenience bring in the money. Simple as that. That's the way the big boys do it. People are acting like this kind of thing doesn't happen in college football.....it does, a lot. If we ever get on television on a regular basis then you can bet it will happen a lot.

• Upvote 1

Hardcore fans don't bring the bucks. T shirt fans that come at their own convenience bring in the money. Simple as that. That's the way the big boys do it. People are acting like this kind of thing doesn't happen in college football.....it does, a lot. If we ever get on television on a regular basis then you can bet it will happen a lot.

Because those of us with UNT experience know this will just hurt attendance in Denton, just a really bad move. This will not bring in any fair weather fans not even a few.

If we start winning and have a huge hard core fan base then you will probably be right. But that is not our situation today.

• Upvote 2