A plea to Brent O...

MeanGreenTexan

Well if you got hosed every week, would you put any effort into practice?

Does anyone remember what he did in Spring Camp?? Fall Scrimmages??? Nothing. He looked beyond horrible. In order to get on the field when it counts you have to prove what you've got in practice. That starts in Pee Wee football. I'm not surprised at all that he's fallen behind. It's not as though he's "getting hosed" in practice. McNutly is working with the 2nd team as well.

And if he's given up and is not putting any effort into practice then I don't want him here. I highly doubt that's the case though.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Does anyone remember what he did in Spring Camp?? Fall Scrimmages??? Nothing. He looked beyond horrible. In order to get on the field when it counts you have to prove what you've got in practice. That starts in Pee Wee football. I'm not surprised at all that he's fallen behind. It's not as though he's "getting hosed" in practice. McNutly is working with the 2nd team as well.

And if he's given up and is not putting any effort into practice then I don't want him here. I highly doubt that's the case though.

Do you agree, though, that at some point no matter how good you look in practice, if it never translates to the game then it might eventually be time to look for an alternative?

Do you agree, though, that at some point no matter how good you look in practice, if it never translates to the game then it might eventually be time to look for an alternative?

He was 3-3 last time out for 58 yds. I would say that counts as translating.

At some point you have to show something in practice so that you have the chance to earn a spot on the field? He hasn't done so. Not in Spring, not in Summer, not in Fall.

He was 3-3 last time out for 58 yds. I would say that counts as translating.

At some point you have to show something in practice so that you have the chance to earn a spot on the field? He hasn't done so. Not in Spring, not in Summer, not in Fall.

But he has in games, you know, when it counts.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

Post stats of his Tulsa start, "when it counted". Not say Osborn has, but he has yet to get the chance.

Why should he be given the chance? He needs to earn it. He hasn't. If you want to just pick one game and use that constantly, then do it. There is a reason that the coaches who have seen Osborne in Spring Camp, Summer workouts, Fall camp, and all the practices in between, have him still sitting 3rd. Not only sitting 3rd on the chart but falling further and further behind. There is a reason. You don't play like s**t day in and day out in practice and get playing time. It goes to those who deserve it.

3-3 58 yds

You are correct, in garbage time against ULL, McNulty threw for those stats.

Let's not forget what Osborne did in garbage time against Tulsa!

Osborn: 6-7 69yds 2TD

If we're using garbage time stats to back this up, then Osborne wins. There's not really an argument.

Now, McCarney has thrown out the "forcefield" answer of "Osborne not producing in practice like McNulty". If that's the reason, then we're forced to take it with a grain of salt, because as pointed out above, the gametime stats say otherwise.