A plea to Brent O...

MeanGreenTexan

...Whatever you're doing in practice that is so horrible, stop doing that!

Now is your golden opportunity to wrestle the starting spot away from a shaky Thompson and an overwhelmed McNulty. Go prove yourself in practice this week. :gym:

This is ridiculous! Osborne can't win the job; Mac won't let him. McNulty is the future; it's a done deal and it has nothing to do with talent or hard work. If I was Thompson or Osborne, I'd be looking to transfer as soon as possible.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 9

In practice, Osborne is with the twos which has a bad OL so therefore he has no time at all to throw the ball so he looks bad. It is an injustice to McNulty to play him this year. If there was ever anyone that needed to redshirt, its him. Osborne has not been given a fair chance to show what he can do in a game.

This is ridiculous! Osborne can't win the job; Mac won't let him. McNulty is the future; it's a done deal and it has nothing to do with talent or hard work. If I was Thompson or Osborne, I'd be looking to transfer as soon as possible.

Tell me, o wise soothsayer. Where have you received evidence of such conspiracy? While you're at it, can you score me some information about JFK and other shenanigans that are possibly being covered up?

The freshman is playing because he's a freshman, with 4 years allotted to him. Build the future.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Please tell us why its a done deal. McNulty was 3 for 3 with 58 yds last night. Do any of you remember how bad Osborne looked all spring and also fall camps?!?!

With 43 second left in the game, and UNT trailing by 17, McNulty went 3 for 3. He went three and out on the other series he played earlier in the 4th when it would have been nice to have points to get back in the game.

Most schools will let you throw all over them when they are up by three scores with less than a minute left.

McNulty had a start at Tulsa and failed horribly. He couldn't move it when we needed it against Louisiana in the 4th quarter Saturday night.

If Thompson is too injured to play, Osborn should be given the same opportunity McNulty has had. If not, then this thing isn't about winning, but about about throwing away the rest of the 2011 season to develop McNulty.

But, frankly, many of us are tired of seasons being thrown away halfway through for the sake of "development." Win. Win. Win. Win.

If Osborn goes in and is as ineffective as Thompson and McNulty, fine. But, we'll never know until we see it.

• Upvote 2

PASSING.................GP......Effic....Cmp-Att-Int....Pct.....Yards...TD......Long....Avg/G

Thompson, Derek.........6.......103.0....80-151-3.......53.0....814.....4.......83......135.7

McNulty, Andrew..........5.......112.6....14-25-2........56.0....216.....0.......46.......43.2

Osborn, Brent..............3.......144.1....13-21-0........61.9....127.....2.......26.......42.3

McNulty is the only QB who hasn't thrown a TD. Osborn is the only QB who hasn't thrown a pick. Osborn has the best QB efficiency rating.

Just give him a chance.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 4

Come on boys and girls. Mac was preparing us for a rebuilding year all the offseason. Not enough talent. Smallest team in D1. No team speed.

If you really think this year isn't about rebuilding and developing for the future, then why you think we are starting 3 freshmen on the O-line?

Good coaching should make up to some extent for a lack of talent, does anyone think that ULL is super talented? Tired of hearing about how small this team is, when it is simply not true, does anyone look at rosters or watch games? Talent maybe a problem but size is not. This is the Belt not the SEC.

If we have a coach that is more interested in building for the future than showing something this year, we have the wrong man. The last thing this team needs is yet another 3 to 5 year building program to get competitive in the Belt. I don't believe that the staff was focused on rebuilding more than winning this year, but if they were; they made a very bad decision.

I assume he is starting three freshmen in the ol because they are the best, although it is hard to believe with the results thus far. Every coach is developing players/teams for the future, but they are going to be doing that while doing their best to win games.

• Upvote 3

I'm looking at all the "skins on the wall" with this staff. I just wonder how that "no skins" guy at LaLa was able to turn his "no D1 talent, slow & undersized players" into a 6-1 team in one season?

The LaLa players were, in fact, bigger, stronger and faster and more experienced than the Mean Green. That certainly helps. And, it helps with the time it takes a coach to turn things around. Way way too early for some of the talk we are seeing on this board. Amazing is what some of it is, and to think UNT has this many "experts" around that KNOW what our coaching staff should and should not do to advance the program toward a winning tradition once again.

Come on folks, give the depression a rest, and realize that this team can still win more games this season that it has in many years. Some of you want to give up...sure glad you would not be in a foxhole with me. let it get tough and off you would go.

Be frustrated with the losses, be upset about losing, but come on, acting like you are ready to surrender and giving up on this new staff after these few games is really crazy. Please try to grad some reality...and soon. And come to homecoming to enjoy great fall weather, great tailgating, co-eds in shorts and boots, the Alumni Pavilion and the next Mean Green win at Apogee.

People are tired of hearing this, but Todd Dodge really sent this program plummeting into an abyss. RV should definitely get some of the blame for that. Mac and company have a helluva task in front of them. Just remember, most here thought a 5 win season should be considered a success. Yeah, it would be nice to get a quick turn around but we have to keep things in perspective...

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1

With 43 second left in the game, and UNT trailing by 17, McNulty went 3 for 3. He went three and out on the other series he played earlier in the 4th when it would have been nice to have points to get back in the game.

Most schools will let you throw all over them when they are up by three scores with less than a minute left.

McNulty had a start at Tulsa and failed horribly. He couldn't move it when we needed it against Louisiana in the 4th quarter Saturday night.

If Thompson is too injured to play, Osborn should be given the same opportunity McNulty has had. If not, then this thing isn't about winning, but about about throwing away the rest of the 2011 season to develop McNulty.

But, frankly, many of us are tired of seasons being thrown away halfway through for the sake of "development." Win. Win. Win. Win.

If Osborn goes in and is as ineffective as Thompson and McNulty, fine. But, we'll never know until we see it.

Your points are absolutely right. I could not agree more. If everyone is so sure he is going to fail, at least let him prove it. The other two have proven that's all they will do as well, so it is not like it will set us back any.

• Upvote 3

Tell me, o wise soothsayer. Where have you received evidence of such conspiracy? While you're at it, can you score me some information about JFK and other shenanigans that are possibly being covered up?

The freshman is playing because he's a freshman, with 4 years allotted to him. Build the future.

If that is why we are starting someone then I have a real issue. Besides, the other two, Thompson and Osborn are sophmores, have three years allotted to them. Just put the one in that gives us the best chance to win now. I would like to see Osborn given an opportunity, the same opportunity given McNulty. That is all.

If that is why we are starting someone then I have a real issue. Besides, the other two, Thompson and Osborn are sophmores, have three years allotted to them. Just put the one in that gives us the best chance to win now. I would like to see Osborn given an opportunity, the same opportunity given McNulty. That is all.

I'm as suspicious about the McNulty/Osborne thing as anyone, but there really is no way around the "looks better in practice" force field that has been thrown out there.

Yep, especially when practices are closed. Who can question the "looks better in practice" comment?

We can all question the QB decision if the results on Saturday don't pan out. Coach Mac is the coach and I have another full time job. I persoanally am going to let Dan coach and I'll keep my day job. I think there is too much on the line and Dan has too much at stake professionally not to play who he honestly thinks is best for the job now.

The problem with outcomes is that once you have them, you better like 'em because it's too late! Dan is the best to determine now what to do to best postively impact outcomes.

Go Mean Green!

Edited by GreenAlums
  • Upvote 2

PASSING.................GP......Effic....Cmp-Att-Int....Pct.....Yards...TD......Long....Avg/G

Thompson, Derek.........6.......103.0....80-151-3.......53.0....814.....4.......83......135.7

McNulty, Andrew..........5.......112.6....14-25-2........56.0....216.....0.......46.......43.2

Osborn, Brent..............3.......144.1....13-21-0........61.9....127.....2.......26.......42.3

McNulty is the only QB who hasn't thrown a TD. Osborn is the only QB who hasn't thrown a pick. Osborn has the best QB efficiency rating.

Just give him a chance.

correction he has thrown 2 TD's just to the wrong team.

Mac says Ozzy is falling further and further behind the others in practice. Said if you saw practice it's quite obvious that he's not as good as the other two.

Also just said he's not sure redshift Cooper Jones will remain at QB.

after 7 games of inept QB play outside of some nice drives by Osborne, the coaches see this = we are in for a long season and possibly 5 years. Guess the $1 million investment this year is not paying off to well.

Now what did ULL pay their new coach who just schooled us?

• Downvote 1

Mac says Ozzy is falling further and further behind the others in practice. Said if you saw practice it's quite obvious that he's not as good as the other two.

Is this through the grapevine or did you hear it directly from him?

Well if you got hosed every week, would you put any effort into practice?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1