I don't know what's worse

UNTJarhead0802

Our defense was playing ok, but what exactly are we trying to accomplish with our offensive scheme? Seriously, I don't see exactly what they're trying to do.

But their announcers, are garbage. Seriously, they forget our school name, mascot, can't get our coach's name right, and what the hell is that sound after the replays?

our off has been very bad all year...very bad....maybe time for a chico replacement...I think the play calling sucks...I will not be spending any money to fly back to denton for any football games...F..n pisses me off.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Our defense was playing ok, but what exactly are we trying to accomplish with our offensive scheme? Seriously, I don't see exactly what they're trying to do.

But their announcers, are garbage. Seriously, they forget our school name, mascot, can't get our coach's name right, and what the hell is that sound after the replays?

How many times this season have we been at the 1 or 3 or 5 yrd line with 1st and goal and can't get it in the enzone? then we kick a field goal or call a crappy play on 4th....this off is really bad...along with the play calling.

I hope I never see Derek Thompson play another down. Not a knee-jerk response either. I've seen every down he has played this year. He is terrible. Even if you give him credit for drops, young offensive line, and poor play calling he is still extra bad. I'm sure he is a great kid and a terrific person, but, he has got to be the most fundamentally wrong quarterback I have ever seen.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I hope I never see Derek Thompson play another down. Not a knee-jerk response either. I've seen every down he has played this year. He is terrible. Even if you give him credit for drops, young offensive line, and poor play calling he is still extra bad. I'm sure he is a great kid and a terrific person, but, he has got to be the most fundamentally wrong quarterback I have ever seen.

YES!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I actually agree with this... except for one thing. He has extremely poor technique and equally poor decision making mostly. But, I do actually believe he is the best qb we have. And yes, that is saying something about our other players too.

I would love to be wrong and we have something special in the next few years. I just don't see it... yet.

• Upvote 1

This loss is worse than the Tulsa. Stupid penalties, piss poor playcalling, DBs getting burned on 3rd and longs. First 2-3 games ok but now it is coaching. Tired of blaming the players for the same errors every damn week. This was a winnable game at the half and the coached blew it.

Our offense is the product of a young underdeveloped offensive line.

Plain and simple.

It is not...our qb sucks...throws a pass to a player at the 3 when we need 7 and the player has a def back or linebacker on top of him...just stupid playing...lack of vision...gives his receiver up by staring him down....play calling sucks...seems like just the worse most predictable plays you could call....we have a lack of play makers x dunbar...then we call bad plays for him half of the time.

It is not...our qb sucks...throws a pass to a player at the 3 when we need 7 and the player has a def back or linebacker on top of him...just stupid playing...lack of vision...gives his receiver up by staring him down....play calling sucks...seems like just the worse most predictable plays you could call....we have a lack of play makers x dunbar...then we call bad plays for him half of the time.

have you also noticed that he hardly hits his WR in stride? It is often behind them or he has to stop.

have you also noticed that he hardly hits his WR in stride? It is often behind them or he has to stop.

Don't blame the coaching. He's done good with what he's had. He was given 0 FBS talent at the quarterback. Dunbar is already done for. Our defense has been improving leaps and bounds, but that offense has regressed beyond belief. Thompson isn't a good QB, neither is McNulty, and Osborne isn't FBS material. Offense is a long way off. We need to build up a defensive powerhouse.

• Upvote 1

We really miss Reilly. Wow.

McNulty may be a better runner than DT, but sure as hell isn't a better passer. UNT needs to recruit a couple of QBs this year....

I would like to see us go all out for a top level JuCo QB that we could use for the next year or two while we groom a HS prospect

• Upvote 2

It is games like this....playcalling, lack of utilizing what proven talent we do have, clinging to over-utilizing what worked last year (Dunbar), and just all around realization that we are horrible (let's be real...we beat the two worst teams in FBS) that makes me want to tone down my care-a-meter and just not take this program seriously. Come on guys....ULL just whooped us and they have a 1st yr staff with about the same returning talent. I am tired of excuses already. I apologize to the diehards that don't feel the same way but really....that was a 1st yr coach that just beat our skin-on-the walls butts.

Our offense is the product of a young underdeveloped offensive line.

Plain and simple.

As far as the running game goes... you're absolutely right. But, I'm not so sure that it ends there my friend. DT is not looking good, and neither are the receivers.

When the talent around Lance is not producing, the defense can key on him all night long (which they did) and render him ineffective.

Let's just get back to Apogee where we beat teams that are on our level.

None of the remaining 3 teams on our home schedule scare me at all.

• Upvote 1

As far as the running game goes... you're absolutely right. But, I'm not so sure that it ends there my friend. DT is not looking good, and neither are the receivers.

When the talent around Lance is not producing, the defense can key on him all night long (which they did) and render him ineffective.

Let's just get back to Apogee where we beat teams that are on our level.

None of the remaining 3 teams on our home schedule scare me at all.

neither does troy. we still have a realistic chance to win 5 of last 6 games.

No, you sir, are just flat wrong!

A less than STERLING reply - why am I not surprised?

Oh - were you at the game? If you were then you should have seen that the offensive problems went FAR, FAR BEYOND the o-line.

But I guess it would be hard to provide an overall analysis of the offense within in your all-to-usual 5 - 7 word sentence postings.

Just a point to be learned: Smart-assed quips seldom provide for quality analysis!

To blame the o-line for the ENTIRETY of the ineffectiveness of the offense is, as I said and without reservation, flat wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2