The unexpected outcome of offering tickets to a friend

shart965

Brought a fraternity brother and his wife to the Indiana game...they had not been to a game since the early 70s...they both loved it and joined the alumni association and are talking about season tickets for next year. For homecoming another fraternity brother in Arkansas is coming to the game for the first time since the 80's. Slowly but surely we can get this attendance bumped up.

• Upvote 1

My wife and I brought her dad and step-mom to the Indiana game. The following Monday they were season ticket holders and sat with us for the FAU game. I agree, bringing folks from the area to a game is key. Perhaps a contest would be good to see how many season ticket holders you can create from the game day experience.

• Upvote 2

After going to opening game, I was on the phone with the Athletic Department on Monday about season tickets. Given my younger kids, we got front row in the endzone and they love it. My wife also liked the idea of blue lot parking so I became a booster given the perk of blue lot parking for boosters with season tickets. Worth every penny and a great family experience.

Of course, my kids are now both Junior Mean Green members and I can't seem to go to a game without having to purchase some sort of clothing item.

Shirts, hats, and of course 2 foam fingers.

• Upvote 7

I've got a friend and he has 2 other friends, all NT alums, and they're all coming to the Homecoming game.

Have some of you season ticket holders felt it was hard to bring someone to the game because the guests cannot sit with you ? I'd like my friend and his frineds to sit with me, but there's no way I can get 3 seats near me.

Thanks Wright Waters

Beat La La

GO MEAN GREEN

I hadn't been to a UNT game since the last homecoming and had a chance to take my 2 kids and wife out opening day. We subsequently decided to become season ticket holders and Mean Green Club members given the experience. I have two boys - 9 and 5 and always look at events like this as a way to show them the "College Experience". By the way, the mood at Apogee far exceeded anything I felt at Fouts as both an undergrad and Alum.

Well to get to the point, I wasn't able to attend last weeks game so I offered my tickets to a good friend who has high school age boys. His one son plays on the freshman football team so we thought it would be a great opportunity to show him what college sports can look like. His other boy was considering possibly not going to college at all. After the game, I spoke to my friend to hear how it went. All he could say was how excited the boys were to be there. The parties going on and the excitement around the stadium. He said it provided a glimpse of what college life was and afterwards both boys had a newfound desire to go to college. Whether it happens is another story, but my friends wife was so happy we offered them the tickets because all the talk in the world about the benefits of college couldn't outweigh the actual feeling of being there. Sometimes seeing the diversity of our school can open the eyes of those with preconceived ideas of what a college student looks like.

The best way to fill the stadium is to invite someone out. My friend is now thinking of going to homecoming with his family just to watch the game even though he didn't attend the school.

I think that's pretty cool.

\

Most inspiring post since Ms. Donnna Fielder of the DRC's editorial on her great time at Apogee.

Amazing what getting out of Fouts Field over to Apogee Stadium has done. We need to get this growth pattern to happen even quicker somehow.

GMG!

It is very cool, and this is a great story, kudos to you. But I have to ask--you do know that your handle is "shart", right?

I know my handle is shart. It stands for S Hart and I've determined that I'll be damned if some stupid line from a movie will cause me to change my email I've used for almost 20 years.

Thanks for noticing LOL

• Upvote 1

I know my handle is shart. It stands for S Hart and I've determined that I'll be damned if some stupid line from a movie will cause me to change my email I've used for almost 20 years.

Thanks for noticing LOL

If I don't like a word, I redefine it.

Shart (v) - the act of bringing friends and family to Apogee. EX: I sharted Chad and Ranjit to Homecoming and everyone had a great time - despite the mess.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Other than the childish replies regarding "shart", this is a most inspiring thread. Too bad it took a bit of a "turn" to silliness, but if you look at what folks are saying here, it seems that UNT football is BACK! The games are fun, and the stadium is a pleasure indeed. I really want to thank everyone who is bringing friends to the game, other "wayward" alums and just fans of college football. It seems that once people step inside Apogee, they want to return. We have all waited a good many years for this "return". let's keep bringing friends and alums...I asked my brother to go last week (bride was out of town and brother is a grad who hasn't probably ever been to a UNT game. Alas, he said "no", but I'll keep working on him.

Thanks to everyone who is working hard to help fill Apogee. Great stories folks...very positive and very inspiring.

Other than the childish replies regarding "shart", this is a most inspiring thread. Too bad it took a bit of a "turn" to silliness, but if you look at what folks are saying here, it seems that UNT football is BACK! The games are fun, and the stadium is a pleasure indeed. I really want to thank everyone who is bringing friends to the game, other "wayward" alums and just fans of college football. It seems that once people step inside Apogee, they want to return. We have all waited a good many years for this "return". let's keep bringing friends and alums...I asked my brother to go last week (bride was out of town and brother is a grad who hasn't probably ever been to a UNT game. Alas, he said "no", but I'll keep working on him.

Thanks to everyone who is working hard to help fill Apogee. Great stories folks...very positive and very inspiring.

We gotta ban Longjim... and I bring new people to games all the time. I just don't go around seeking internet medals for it.

I miss sparring, but we both know this will end in a hug.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

We gotta ban Longjim... and I bring new people to games all the time. I just don't go around seeking internet medals for it.

I miss sparring, but we both know this will end in a hug.

I've missed you. :wub:

If I don't like a word, I redefine it.

Shart (v) - the act of bringing friends and family to Apogee. EX: I sharted Chad and Ranjit to Homecoming and everyone had a great time - despite the mess.

That's funny..I'll make sure and use that in the future. Looking forward to homecoming!