Booing :(

Ibleedgreen

Is anyone else bothered by the boos coming out of the student section when the opposing team runs onto the field? I have as much spirit as anyone, but that is pretty classless, in my opinion. The Tech student body booed our guys the last time we played in Lubbock, and I considered it a black mark on their school...now we're doing it! :(

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 15

The SunBelt should give a warning to FAU for behavior.

#15, I believe last name was Johnson, got so rattled he turned his attention to the student section after we went up 31-3.

He called multiple females the b word and various other swears toward the student section.

Security and Police had to talk to him, they diddn't say anything to the student section from what i saw.

Complete embarrassment and Shame to FAU.

#15, I believe last name was Johnson, got so rattled he turned his attention to the student section after we went up 31-3.

He called multiple females the b word and various other swears toward the student section.

Security and Police had to talk to him, they diddn't say anything to the student section from what i saw.

When they came to Laffy 2 weeks ago, he made a little motion suggesting we suck his....well you can finish the rest. A Troy player did it last week too. But I'd expect that from Troy

Edited by RaginCajuns_UL
  • Upvote 2

yea you're right they may hurt the other team's feelings!!!!

omgxk2.gif

Well, would the other team celebrate if they were upsetting your team.

I don't condone use of obscenities or personal insults, but good natured heckling and disturbing them through excessive crowd noise is part of the game. Just keep it within good sportsmanship, and remember that many of those visiting guests are friends & family of the players that you are pestering. In otherwords, don't ever act like a bunch of dumbasses leaning over the rail shouting "Hey you! You Suck!"

• Upvote 1

Yea that was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. He actually so rattled by the 25 students in an empty stadium yelling at him that he lost his head and yelled multiple obscenities at multiple fans and eventually had his feelings hurt so bad that the event staff made the 2 girls behind us put their megaphone down and not use it the rest of the game. Pitiful to see a D-1 athlete that is so immature.

Is anyone else bothered by the boos coming out of the student section when the opposing team runs onto the field? I have as much spirit as anyone, but that is pretty classless, in my opinion. The Tech student body booed our guys the last time we played in Lubbock, and I considered it a black mark on their school...now we're doing it! :(

It is classless. I told my son and daughter not to do it. I hew more to the way Nebraska fans treat their opponents, with class and light applause when they run onto the field. There is enough time for yelling and distracting the opponent during the game.

I've always thought bigger opposing schools booing us as we enter field was classless. At OU and UT and other places. Ridiculous. We pose virtually no threat to them.

Rednecks are going to be rednecks, though. The best you can do is teach your own kids not to act like them. That's the route we take.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6