Mo Green

It won't improve until we can catch the football on a consistent basis. There were about 8-10 passes that receivers got their hands on and didn't make the reception against FAU. I thought Thompson made the right reads for the most part and gave his guys opportunities to make plays, at this point they just haven't made them for him. I hope we get Outlaw back this week, between him and Bynes they have been the most consistent WR's to catch the ball when it comes their way.

An effective zone-read QB, or a threat to connect deep. We have neither and, still, we somehow can get LD 100+ yards and win 2 games at home.

I still contend that Stradford is your answer here. Just throw the ball AT him deep 3 or 4 times a game. He doesn't have to catch it, just prove you'll take the shot!!

• Upvote 2

If we look for LD to get the ball most plays its obvious that the defense is thinking the same. How do you free him up at this point- pass or run or wildcat or ?

1. Improve the distance passing game. Medium to long passes help keep the D honest and spreads them over the field for both the benefit of the running game and short passing game.

2. Change up the running scheme. Going off-tackle and up the middle doesn't always work. Try options and triple options, toss a few delay runs in, keep the wildcat and make use of that every so often for both passing and running. Toss in a few reverse plays, too.

3. Improve the O-line. Even if the passing game never really improves, an improved rush-oriented O-line will help make up the difference. It'll do that by letting the run game get better, and it'll also be useful for play-action calls.

More screens to LD. We see plenty of WR screens. Not seeing very many to the RB.

I've found myself wondering why we don't run more traditional screens to the RB. Our offense tends to run WR screens (a ton of them when we were in the Dodge Days) more so than the RB.

I feel like getting LD with some blockers and a little bit of space would be a recipe for success. It's not like he can't catch the ball- he leads the team in receiving yards.

We have to find a deep threat. The one deep pass I recall from the game was into the wind and the WR was Breece Johnson. On the exact same play, Bynes was wide open on hook route on the other side of the field. Johnson had a step, but didn't adjust to the ball. Stradford has got to work harder in practice and get on the field. It is ridiculous a talent OU gave a scholarship to can't catch the ball.