Roll call for UL-Lafayette

emmitt01

I'll be there with TylerMeanGreen...BEAT LaLa...Cajun Festival going on Saturday before the game as well. Don't try to celebrate a Mean green win at the festival after the game however, the festival website says it closes down at 7PM that Saturday evening...will open back up Sunday at about 11AM for those staying over...

....BUT...I never again want to hear about Cajun's being big music party folks and knowing how to have a great time...who the heck closes up a Cajun Music Festival at 7PM on a Saturday night for crying out loud? Party folks, my rear end!

BEAT LaLa...see you Saturday in Lafayette.

Hey Cajun.

Can you tell me the name of the group that sets up the big trailer with 4-5 food stations? I think they are at the SW corner of the stadium. Excellent food and hospitality.

As a matter of fact, when we went to Lafayette two years ago, we were asked to join in with at least 8 different tailgates....called by name: "Hey Mean Green, come over here and eat some food."

My favorite road trip now (except New Orleans).

GMG

Deep, I highly recommend you go straight to the tailgate (not that you know me to take my recommendation).

Two years ago, I took my kids to a fun little cajun joint out on the highway (Prejeans...really a tourist trap) for lunch. We ate a lot, toured the campus that includes the alligator swamp right in the middle and then went to the stadium around 3:00 pm. Had lots to do for the three hours before the game but I didn't enjoy the food that all these tailgaters offered as much because we ate so much for lunch.

I suggest you go eat with these good folks, and if you are hungry after the game, go get the good meal you describe above.

GMG

Deep, I highly recommend you go straight to the tailgate (not that you know me to take my recommendation).

Two years ago, I took my kids to a fun little cajun joint out on the highway (Prejeans...really a tourist trap) for lunch. We ate a lot, toured the campus that includes the alligator swamp right in the middle and then went to the stadium around 3:00 pm. Had lots to do for the three hours before the game but I didn't enjoy the food that all these tailgaters offered as much because we ate so much for lunch.

I suggest you go eat with these good folks, and if you are hungry after the game, go get the good meal you describe above.

GMG

Skip Prejeans and head to Cafe Des Amis, it's only a few minutes down the road. They've got the best chicken and sausage gumbo I've ever had!

GMG

I understand. I did the same thing several years ago at a ULL game in Lafayette. The people are gracious enough to share their wonderful food at their tailgate. I'm trying to please Momma. You know the saying, "if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". But that's O.K. Who says I can't please Momma AND get in some good South Louisiana tailgatin' food? Like me, you just have to learn to pace yourself in these situations. The best of both worlds!!! :thumbsu: