Receivers?

UNTJarhead0802

I bought the game on pay-per-view last night- couldn't make it out there, I'm sad to say, but this game should have been 38-17. A fourth down pass was placed right on the money into the back of the end zone, I was about to cheer and scare the bejesus out of my dog, when the receiver dropped it. Then it hit me, DT is throwing the ball with zip and authority, but who the hell is catching them? I stopped counting dropped passes last night, because I was getting more and more angry with each one. Honestly, outside of Chancellor, I'm not sure we have a legitimate receiving threat, based on relative consistency. Has anyone else noticed this problem? I think obviously this is Thompson's team, and glad for it as he is growing up, Lance Dunbar got going, the offensive line is playing well considering their relative youth, and the defense is ridiculously aggressive. Our kicker is nailing 50+ yard field goals and our punter is lights out. Our team is growing up right before our eyes, but without talented receivers that can catch on a regular basis, nobody is going to respect our passing game and continue to box up Dunbar.

Just throwing that out there to see if anyone shares the same sentiments about positions that absolutely MUST be filled when we hit the recruiting trail- which, does anyone know of any receiving talent we have signed for next year? I'm sure there are a number of kids down in Arlington Martin that may want to play at Apogee.

• Upvote 1

I am also tired of dropped passes missed assignments from our receivers. I know we have more receivers on the sidelines that are never given a chance to show what they have. We are not afraid to try other QB's in the game, how about looking at some other receivers? Some receiver has to step up to take some of the load of Dunbar.

Too many dropped balls last night, you could see DT getting very frustrated at times.

However, it should have been a 34-17 lead. We had NO business going for it on 4th and...9? We have a kicker, lets use him and make it a 3 possession game and seal the win right there.

Maybe we need to think about regularly lineing up Hamilton in the slot? He's an ex-QB with good hands, and the drops by these guys are killing us. DT looked sharp, and would have had excellent stats were it not for the receiver's slippery hands. We've got to keep the LB's honest, because LD is having to deal with a brick wall every game. It's not like our opponents don't have film.

The late TD drop was Schutza...a walk on...so I can excuse that.

Willie Taylor, on the other hand, I've seen drop more passes than he's caught and would prefer he us his speed on special teams. The slant he dropped and then popped up in the air is a pick 90% of The time.

Give me Bynes and Outlaw outside...Breece and Brelan in the slot...and some occasional Delgado if he keeps earning some run. That's it for WR's. Try Hamilton...and if he doesn't prove a serviceable receiving option, line Lance up in the slot more often with Ham-bone in the back field.

Should've been 45-17 last night. 2-3 scores left on the field last night.

Now, let me say I'm glad we won. In fact, I'm ecstatic, but the team has to play all 4 quarters to make sure they win every game possible. The guys have made huge strides since Mac came on board. They've gone from hopeless to a team that we should expect victory from, but it's victories that are too close, or losses that shouldn't have been.

Didn't realize he was a walk on. I have mixed feelings on the 4th down call, primarily because I like how we went for the throat, but I do remember me saying we have the 3 points in the bag. I'm just glad to see that our guys do seem to be evolving. Progress is progress, but I think this is a huge measuring stick this coming weekend. Is it on ESPN3?

Should've been 45-17 last night. 2-3 scores left on the field last night.

Now, let me say I'm glad we won. In fact, I'm ecstatic, but the team has to play all 4 quarters to make sure they win every game possible. The guys have made huge strides since Mac came on board. They've gone from hopeless to a team that we should expect victory from, but it's victories that are too close, or losses that shouldn't have been.

Teams really do need to learn how to win. I loved the 4th down call because it felt so good to finally win one comfortably and would've loved to be jerks about it and be called out by Captain Kangaroo for running up the score...not because its good policy, but to get back at years of frustration.

It will come for this staff...we're seeing a much more disciplined brand of football...the numbers may not be there because the players aren't there yet...I too was getting frustrated with the first bit of the 4th, but we adjusted and that last drive, save for Schutza's drop was exactly what an end game drive should look like

• Upvote 1

Schutza has had his chance a few times to make a catch this season....last night and he also dropped one and in the FIU game. Taylor has had to many drops to count this year. We have have 2 X Qbs (Baine) who started twice for us at QB last year and Teegarden who was also a dual threat QB getting 0 reps at the WR postion. We know Baine has the speed to play the slot and Im sure both he and Teegarden have the hands to make the catches. Ex Qbs on the field has to be a plus for Thompson when he knows he can go to one of his X film room (buddies).

Schutza has had his chance a few times to make a catch this season....last night and he also dropped one and in the FIU game. Taylor has had to many drops to count this year. We have have 2 X Qbs (Baine) who started twice for us at QB last year and Teegarden who was also a dual threat QB getting 0 reps at the WR postion. We know Baine has the speed to play the slot and Im sure both he and Teegarden have the hands to make the catches. Ex Qbs on the field has to be a plus for Thompson when he knows he can go to one of his X film room (buddies).

So at this point, does your appearance mean Chase Baine did or didn't see his shadow?

• Upvote 1