Douche of the night

Matt

If these threads are going to be a staple after each home game, how about one rule...

Before taking the picture, offer to buy the person a NT shirt. If they decline, feel free to take their picture. I'm sure they'll give you a nice smile.

See, I wonder if this thread topic exists if meeting the person is required.

• Upvote 2

If these threads are going to be a staple after each home game, how about one rule...

Before taking the picture, offer to buy the person a NT shirt. If they decline, feel free to take their picture. I'm sure they'll give you a nice smile.

See, I wonder if this thread topic exists if meeting the person is required.

We might wanna make sure that we don't offend the people starting these threads. We need all the fans we can get and if the people who start these threads log on and see people disparaging them, they might not continue attending games.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Okay. So a fellow GMG.com poster brought a friend to the game yesterday who was dressed in TCU shirt and hat. The poster offered a green shirt to the guy, but he turned it down. I later learned that this guy had taken said poster to a TCU game the previous week to which the poster wore Mean Green attire.

So my question is this: Is this a double douche situation, an acceptable trade off, or is the TCU guy the only one at fault, similar to the theory that quitters are only quitters if they quit UNT?

My stance is I don't have a big issues with other schools being represented at the UNT games. I have some issue with UNT students becoming walking bilboards on campus for other universities. Just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

If he really is a student as stated above he could have at least put on a North Texas hat or something. I'm glad he was at the game and cheering but do you really have to wear all UT stuff? Show a little more school pride besides just being there. Like a lot of people on the board I think we just get frustrated when we see this stuff and want better for our school. More devoted students who bleed green, not some green mixed with lots of orange if that makes sense. And I know winning can and will fix a lot of that. I do think we have made great progress over the past year.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand it anywhere. I've been to Ranger games where people are wearing Yankees, Dodgers, and Cardinals gear while the Orioles are the the opponent. I've been to Stars games with people sporting Red Wings jerseys when Anaheim is the team on the ice.

To me, it's an attention thing. It's an "I'm above what I'm watching here" thing. Yes, I've come to watching your crummy team, but I'm a Longhorn fan in reality; ask me about Texas. Or, OU. Or, TCU. Or, any number of teams.

It happens everywhere, not just with us. Some people want to stick out. Fine. But, if they want to stick out, they shouldn't be soft-skinned when they are called out. They want to draw attention to themselves and they have.

I don't understand it anywhere. I've been to Ranger games where people are wearing Yankees, Dodgers, and Cardinals gear while the Orioles are the the opponent. I've been to Stars games with people sporting Red Wings jerseys when Anaheim is the team on the ice.

Not everybody who attends a sporting event is a fan of one of the two teams playing. They might just be a fan of the sport.

• Upvote 1

Not everybody who attends a sporting event is a fan of one of the two teams playing. They might just be a fan of the sport.

Yeah, I have the sports conundrum of the night. There was a guy sitting next to us at the game wearing a UT shirt and jacket. When we talked about the Nebraska Ohio St score, said he was a Buckeye. To top it off, he was there with some UNT fans, though I couldn't tell if he was rooting for either team. He was an enigma wrapped in a mystery.

I understand that fully. But, wearing other team's gear is going out of your way to tell everyone else you have little interest in the home team.

I've gone to TCU games with friends and borrowed shirts from them. I've gone to Astros and Rockets games with relatives down in Houston and just worn regular clothes.

I stand by my point that if you choose to wear the gear of a school or team not in the stadium, you open yourself to ridicule. To many, it does look ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

I understand that fully. But, wearing other team's gear is going out of your way to tell everyone else you have little interest in the home team.

I've gone to TCU games with friends and borrowed shirts from them. I've gone to Astros and Rockets games with relatives down in Houston and just worn regular clothes.

I stand by my point that if you choose to wear the gear of a school or team not in the stadium, you open yourself to ridicule. To many, it does look ridiculous.

Seems obvious doesn't it.?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I understand that fully. But, wearing other team's gear is going out of your way to tell everyone else you have little interest in the home team. ... To many, it does look ridiculous.

You spend a lot more time worrying about what to wear at sporting events than I do.

I've worn UNT gear to ACC championship games in Jacksonville. If anybody gave a crap about what I was wearing, they didn't communicate it to me. They should consider themselves lucky my shirt wasn't covered with spilt beer, nacho cheese and pit stains.

Edited by rcade

I swore that if I heard this phrase one more time on Sunday football that I would punch myself in the face until I passed out. However, it seems so applicable here. "It" fixes everything. "JUST WIN BABY"

College football fan coming to enjoy a night of local football, that's fine. Wear whatever you want. Your money is good here.

Student enrolled at North Texas coming to a home game sporting another university's jersey, well that's just wrong in so many ways.

Not sure what the situation is with this gentleman, but hopefully he had an enjoyable experience and will spread the word.

Keith

You spend a lot more time worrying about what to wear at sporting events than I do.

I've worn UNT gear to ACC championship games in Jacksonville. If anybody gave a crap about what I was wearing, they didn't communicate it to me. They should consider themselves lucky my shirt wasn't covered with spilt beer, nacho cheese and pit stains.

I don't worry a nanosecond about it. I'm just saying, if you do so, don't be shocked by ridicule.

Also, this is message board ridicule. No one is actually going to walk up to a confused sportsdouche and tell them they're confused. It's already obvious. You just shake your head and move on.

I guess I just don't really care what people wear. Personally, I'd never be seen in a jersey of any kind unless I was actually playing the sport, but I understand other people feel differently about that and that's fine, it's their thing.

I always sport clothing that either 1) supports the friend/family I attend the game with, or 2) the home team ,if I haven't any vested interest in the game. Because of this, I've got t-shirts and hats from all sorts of different colleges. I get one every memorable new stadium/sports event I attend. Someday they'll adorn the walls of the Mean Green Man Cave and Sports Bar with corresponding ticket stubs. I just genuinely love the sport.

Probably other people do too, which is why they're at the game in the first place. No big deal.

• Upvote 1

Jeez, some of you lighten up, it's all in fun. He could've at least worn a green scarf or something. Maybe he had on green undies.....

Speaking of scarves, I saw a guy in the gift shop wearing one but I never did see one in the shop for sale...

Anyone know where I can get one of these...??