Douche of the night

Matt

I hate this new board trend. A butt in the seats is a butt in the seats regardless of what school's gear the fan is wearing. If you want UNT to attract new fans because of Apogee and McCarney, they have to come from somewhere. College football fans in DFW who follow other schools -- but come to UNT games for whatever reason -- are a promising target market for us.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I hate this new board trend. A butt in the seats is a butt in the seats regardless of what school's gear the fan is wearing. If you want UNT to attract new fans because of Apogee and McCarney, they have to come from somewhere. College football fans in DFW who follow other schools -- but come to UNT games for whatever reason -- are a promising target market for us.

THIS 100%. We get them in Apogee cheering for the Mean Green any way we can...with them wearing anything they want...they'll be back wearing green!

Now, would I prefer them to be in green? certainly, but I'll take this guy and thank him over the idiots wearing green in the tailgate area who never set foot in the stadium. I'm thinking this guy is a much better UNT fan in his UT gear than those "students" who wore green and stayed outside for the first three home games.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No one is saying they wish he wasn't there... or they hate him... its just a douche move. Plain and simple. Are we worried the douches wearing UT garb in these photos are going to log onto GMG.com and be so offended that they no longer attend games?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

No one is saying they wish he wasn't there... or they hate him... its just a douche move.

He's being called a douche. How do you think that goes over with him, the people who brought him to the game, and anyone else who wears other-school gear to a UNT game?

It's not like this board is private. Anyone who reads college football boards might show up here if they're interested in a recent game. This kind of topic tells the casual fan who isn't a UNT diehard that he won't be welcome.

While McCarney is busting his ass to get people to Apogee, telling anybody they're not welcome at the games is idiotic.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The UL-Lafayette fans are tough on fans wearing other teams' colors.

Booed Out Of The Swamp

Personally, I think that's a little harsh for UNT to rag on such fans. We need butts in the seats really bad.

Going over to check out that link on the Lafayette board, and seeing images of the crowd last night v. Troy was impressive. It's amazing what winning will do!

No one is saying they wish he wasn't there... or they hate him... its just a douche move. Plain and simple. Are we worried the douches wearing UT garb in these photos are going to log onto GMG.com and be so offended that they no longer attend games?

You may be right but we have a poster on this board who is currently a UNT student but his first choice team is TCU. This gentleman could be the same way and if he sees this then it could lead him to not attend more games and thus convincing his friends/click not to go as well as bad mouth our school in a time when we need as many butts in the seats as we can get.

Again I am not saying I endorse what this guy is doing/wearing but lets put this into perspective.

The UL-Lafayette fans are tough on fans wearing other teams' colors.

Oh you mean the same UL fans that have a similar inferiority complex with LSU?

I'll tell you what both programs need to do to get people excited about representing their respective schools: WIN. That's it. It's all it takes. And our alma mater did just that last night.

I have no complaints that he would wear another team's jersey to our game, but why in the HELL would he even think about wearing that jersey after yesterday??

Be careful. UT fans might read the board and take that last comment about their favorite team negatively, thus causing them not to come to our games. You should say nicer things about them.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Be careful. UT fans might read the board and take that last comment about their favorite team negatively, thus causing them not to come to our games. You should say nicer things about them.

Honestly, I'm a UT fan, but before I get 30 -1's, let me say I love UNT, go to UNT, support UNT, and yes I was at the UNT game on Saturday. NO WAY would I put the burnt orange on after a game like yesterday. At least, UNT won and the Rangers won. This helped ease the pain

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1