Beat LaLa

UNT90

A great win by the kids last night. I do love watching a UNT blowout, even though we have a habit of making it closer than it needs to be at the end. Thank you, Coach Mac, for tripling the amount of home wins I have seen since becoming a season ticket holder in 2008 and for providing back to back home wins for the first time since the 2004 season (amazing just how bad we have been).

Huge game next week. LaLa barley beat this FAU team in Lafayette last week, so we should have a very good shot at a win, hopefully Coach Mac's first of many road victories. LaLa beat Troy handily last night, which just goes to show that the belt is up for grabs this year. Beating Lala on the road would be a huge shot in the arm for this program and, more importantly, allow us to control our own destiny in the Sun Belt race.

If the defense plays the way they did last night and the offense can get a few things going, this is a very winnable game for UNT. Isn't it funny that the team that was picked to finish last in the conference, a team that supposedly had less FBS talent than poor ole UNT (Dodge left the cupboard bare, don't ya know) is now the favorite to win the Belt? If that doesn't prove this conference is there for any team to win, I don't know what does.

This game, more than any this year, will let us know where we are in the first step to the goal of leaving the Sun Belt for greener pastors: winning the Sun Belt Conference.

Win.

GMG.

At this point any win is a turnaround moment. Does it mean we'll go bowling or win the conference? Not really but with each win the team and coaching staff is probably getting more and more confident which is what we need. After the game the espn3 reporter interviewed Coach Mac and he mentioned that this is a great win but that these kids are just so beaten down...I really thought about that and said there's no telling how the last 6 years have affected these kids mentally and their attitude towards the game with all that losing. So that is why in my opinion any and every win is part of a turnaround moment.

• Upvote 1

Week to week we get a little bit better. That's what I notice, steady improvement. Are we good? No, but we are getting better and this has been a fun year to watch. And these guys know they have a chance to win every game the rest of the season. And I don't know about you, but that is huge for this program. Just win! Scrap the W out any way possible and I love we are building some confidence in our D.

There is no doubt that this is the biggest game we have played since 2004. Stop and think about that for just a second, if we win this one, all we have to do is beat one of ASU, Troy or ULM and we'll go bowling.

Last year we lost to ULL 38-34. I remember that game, because it was very close. This team has turned the corner however, but with the way the team is playing right now, specifically the defense, I think we have a shot. If we can stay positive in the turnover margin, we will win.

Nicholls St. played them pretty close for 3 quarters, and ULL will likely not give us the respect we deserve. I guarantee you the thing going through their players heads is, we've gotten past Troy and FIU, now we have three cupcakes coming up(Us, MTSU, WKU) I am anxiously awaiting this game, and this bye week for the cowboys makes it even more painful.

There is no doubt that this is the biggest game we have played since 2004. Stop and think about that for just a second, if we win this one, all we have to do is beat one of ASU, Troy or ULM and we'll go bowling.

Not sure I follow when you say that if we beat ULL, we only need to beat either ASU, Troy or ULM to go bowling. We have two wins, and if we beat ULL, that makes it three. That means we have to beat at least three other SB teams in order to be bowl eligible. Or are you assuming we'll beat WKU and MTSU at home?

Not sure I follow when you say that if we beat ULL, we only need to beat either ASU, Troy or ULM to go bowling. We have two wins, and if we beat ULL, that makes it three. That means we have to beat at least three other SB teams in order to be bowl eligible. Or are you assuming we'll beat WKU and MTSU at home?

plus ulm.

It is a HUGE game- who would have thought that we'd be seeing this in the first year. Even if we don't go bowling this year, if we can walk away with an opportunity to go 500 or better this year, it would be a ridiculous turnaround, even against Sun Belt conference competition. Not only are we playing for this year, we also are setting ourselves up nicely for recruiting. This is huge on SO MANY LEVELS. More and more, the money RV ponied up to get this cat is paying off. Not to mention, if we come back to Denton for homecoming with back to back wins, an opportunity to get to 500 and homecoming- what a crowd and ravenous home field advantage he'd have!

So I might have to see if there is a flight from Lawton to Layfayette- anyone else tempted to brave the hostile crowd?

Last year we lost to ULL 38-34. I remember that game, because it was very close. This team has turned the corner however, but with the way the team is playing right now, specifically the defense, I think we have a shot. If we can stay positive in the turnover margin, we will win.

Nicholls St. played them pretty close for 3 quarters, and ULL will likely not give us the respect we deserve. I guarantee you the thing going through their players heads is, we've gotten past Troy and FIU, now we have three cupcakes coming up(Us, MTSU, WKU) I am anxiously awaiting this game, and this bye week for the cowboys makes it even more painful.

It was actually 28-27, not 38-34

http://www.meangreensports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=9052&SPID=562&DB_OEM_ID=1800&Q_SEASON=2010