Bunch of babies...

cdizzle86

If you're not seriously worried about the offense then you have problems. Words can't describe how bad they've been not just tonight, but the whole season.

I'm happy we won, but we're not going to win many more games with the way our O is playing.

True

its a team game....the defense gave us a big lead.....and having watched the cowboys piss one away last week, I'm okay with the offense going basic and sitting on the lead....we need wins, not pretty passing plays

by the way, we have now won 2 of the last 3....and have a good shot to be bowl eligible

True

If you didn't expect this offense to struggle with a younger offensive line and a starting QB with one previous start under his belt, then you may have not had realistic expectations. Not to mention our WR who was dismissed.

I, for one am very pleased with the performance of this team. We may not possess the most talented players in the league, but each unit has stepped up to contribute and help this team win. I'll take ugly wins all day long.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you're not seriously worried about the offense then you have problems. Words can't describe how bad they've been not just tonight, but the whole season.

I'm happy we won, but we're not going to win many more games with the way our O is playing.

I wouldn't expect consistency out of an OL with multiple freshman in the rotation. It's just the nature of the beast.

Be positive about it: they exploded on IU, and have been admirable in pass protection. I think these are things to look forward to as they mature and round this beast out.

It is frustrating right now, but I just can't bring myself to be worried about this.

I, for one am very pleased with the performance of this team. We may not possess the most talented players in the league, but each unit has stepped up to contribute and help this team win. I'll take ugly wins all day long.

I'll take wins any way we can get them this season. UNT hasn't won four games or more since 2007. If we could get 4-5 this year, it would be a huge improvement.

i can see how you say that our offense is struggling, but i still feel like Chico is holding back quite a few plays and formations right now... I think he has been testing out quite a bit over these first few weeks and experimenting, but soon he will start using the full playbook

and it seems we do this all of the time and then punt....just unbelievable !

It's almost like a young quarterback is learning how to see the whole field while balancing making smart and safe plays on check-downs to keep the game in the hands of the defense. It's a rare thing, but it's just crazy enough to work.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I was there and what I take from this game is that we still have much room for improvement and still won by 14 points. We would have never, ever won this game or the IU game the last 4 years. To win by 14 when we didn't play our best says a lot.

I am extremely proud of this team considering we were starting:

Thompson: pretty much a freshman. Made smart decisions all night and would have had better numbers if a number of players hadn't dropped throws that hit them in the hands.

Lemon: true freshman starting at OG.

Y'Barbo: RFr staring at OG

Johnson: RFr starting at OT next to Y'Barbo.

Stojkovic: True Fr starting at OLB

Orr: Soph starting at MLB

Wright: Soph starting at OLB: These three are athletic and will be beasts very soon. Orr is all over the place.

Wariner: starting CB made some impressive plays last night.

The DL outside of AK47 all return next year and are playing well.

My point? We are very young and have a very brighjt future. It is like watching your kids grow up, they will do something that has you scratching your head one minute and then jumping for joy the next. This team is fun to watch and will become more consistent over time. Invite a friend and enjoy a great night watching North Texas football in the best stadium around.

• Upvote 4

This O Line is not the problem.

But have I mentioned how much I hate it when teams hand off 6 yards deep to make one?

Rick

and lining up under center to hand it off 3 yards deep wouldn't have made that much of a difference either. :rolleyes:

NT is 2 and 1 at home.

Apogee looks like home to me.

I will say, I'm worried about the late scores we keep giving up. Houston was a good game until after halftime. Both Indiana and FAU also got some late points (however trivial they turned out being).

All-in-all though, winning by one point is just as fine as winning by 30 though.

It's almost like a young quarterback is learning how to see the whole field while balancing making smart and safe plays on check-downs to keep the game in the hands of the defense. It's a rare thing, but it's just crazy enough to work.

This...plus 1 for you, Sir!

UNT did win this game, right? Our coaching staff is pretty experienced, right? Just wondering....

• Upvote 1