Wichita Falls DT Commits to UNT

Harry

Staying close to home was one Dylan McDorman’s priorities when it came time to decide where to continue his football career.

But it was more than just proximity that led the Wichita Falls Rider defensive tackle to commit to North Texas on Monday night.

McDorman also found a comfort zone was UNT’s new coaching staff and saw an opportunity to play early on for a head coach with a reputation as a defensive line guru in Dan McCarney.

“Denton’s an hour and 45 minutes on a bad day,” McDorman said. “I like the new coaching staff and coach McCarney. I like the way he talks and carries himself. Every time I saw him he shook my hand and was straight forward.”

Read More

This post has been promoted to an article

Looks like a "good get" to me. We'll see him firm up after he gets in the weight room and I'm guessing he still has a little "growing room" on that frame. Nice to see the emphasis on the d-line here.

• Upvote 1

I don't think we have ever had this many verbal commitments this early on. The quality of these new guys rank slightly higher as well. This is just another indication that our program is on the right direction and these coaches will start to build something we have not had in many many years! That one thing I'm referring to is position depth! Very exciting! When a program starts to have depth at positions, is when a program has successesful seasons consistantly. Players can be rotated, are more fresh in the fourth quarter, players the following year can step right in after the elder graduates and can help the new Freshman when they come to NT.. Very exciting times here at NT and how can any one deny it. This was supposed to be a very hard year for us with little hope! Even if we didn't win another game this year, I already feel this program is on the right track. The coaches are going to do whatever it takes to make it happen, and make it happen sooner than later!

Go Mean Green

I don't think we have ever had this many verbal commitments this early on. The quality of these new guys rank slightly higher as well. This is just another indication that our program is on the right direction and these coaches will start to build something we have not had in many many years! That one thing I'm referring to is position depth! Very exciting! When a program starts to have depth at positions, is when a program has successesful seasons consistantly. Players can be rotated, are more fresh in the fourth quarter, players the following year can step right in after the elder graduates and can help the new Freshman when they come to NT.. Very exciting times here at NT and how can any one deny it. This was supposed to be a very hard year for us with little hope! Even if we didn't win another game this year, I already feel this program is on the right track. The coaches are going to do whatever it takes to make it happen, and make it happen sooner than later!

Go Mean Green

The other thing I forgot to mention was the positive reputation and experience this coaching staff has will only help our position to get onto a bigger conference later on. When we start winning consistently, which I feel is going to happen very soon, we will be invited to a a new conference, at least Conference USA. Our facilities are good enough now, our coaches are top notch, and attendance has been great. We are averaging around 20,000 at our last couple home games and we haven't had a winning season in many years. How could anyone not be excited about the future of Mean Green football and athletics?

• Upvote 1