GMG.com Texas Douche Award

Harry

Yeah, I dunno about this. Last time I saw one of these posts, it was a dad with his son wearing a USC jersey. Turned out he was new to the area and just checking out the local college football scene.

I say get them to the tailgate, get them in the stadium, and then bitch about what shade of green and/or logo they have. Preferably without mocking them on a public forum first.

This.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

A girl in our group POLITELY called him out on it.

How do you politely call someone out? "Excuse me sir, I noticed that you are wearing apparel representing a team that is not playing in today's contest. Please don't take this personal because you are certainly a man of high intelligence and moral character, but you sir are a douche!"

• Upvote 1

How do you politely call someone out? "Excuse me sir, I noticed that you are wearing apparel representing a team that is not playing in today's contest. Please don't take this personal because you are certainly a man of high intelligence and moral character, but you sir are a douche!"

Do you follow that up with a glove slap and a challenge to a duel?

• Upvote 1

I'm giving OU douche a huge benefit of the doubt for the first two games - both Houston and Indiana are coached by former OU OC's.

But...if this guy shows up to FAU with the OU lid, then he's hopeless.

Also, Kevin Wilson's offense looks different with Indiana players running it than when they OU players were running it. I'm just sayin'.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Sorry but people should be smart enough to not wear a third teams gear to a sporting event. I would rather that he was wearing Indiana gear than TU. If he doesn't want to be ridiculed, don't wear the wrong gear.

Maybe it is just me, but I'm not going to call someone out for wearing their colors. My wife is an Aggie and several years ago we went to a A&M/Texas Tech game in College Station. I wore my Mean Green gear, just like I always do. If that makes me a ****** then so be it.

On the other hand, if you come to a North Texas game wearing UT gear and you never went to UT...then all bets are off.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If there is anyone who deserves the Richard Cranium award, it's this douche in my chemistry class. I have yet to see him without an Texas A&M shirt at all this year. Every single class he is wearing an Aggie shirt and sometimes maroon socks..

Take a picture of him.....he won't mind. Then we can single him out. Send it to srap eagle on fb and maybe he will do a "have u seen this kid?" Giveaway thshirt campaign. Also....I saw more than 1 person wearing Iowa State gear....great to see!

Maybe it is just me, but I'm not going to call someone out for wearing their colors. My wife is an Aggie and several years ago we went to a A&M/Texas Tech game in College Station. I wore my Mean Green gear, just like I always do. If that makes me a ****** then so be it.

On the other hand, if you come to a North Texas game wearing UT gear and you never went to UT...then all bets are off.

My wife is also an Aggie. When I attend Aggie games I wear Aggie gear to support my wife. She does the same for me when we are at Mean Green events and sports Mean Green gear.

• Upvote 5

i'm only on board with people wearing other gear as long as you are either working on or have obtained a degree from that school. i've proudly worn a unt shirt to SEC and Big 12 games and its always a good ice-breaker while tailgating. Professional sports attire at college games should be Prohibited unless you have not yet obtained a high school diploma.

I'm giving OU douche a huge benefit of the doubt for the first two games - both Houston and Indiana are coached by former OU OC's.

But...if this guy shows up to FAU with the OU lid, then he's hopeless.

Also, Kevin Wilson's offense looks different with Indiana players running it than when they OU players were running it. I'm just sayin'.

Was that guy in section 208? If not there was an OU doucher in 208...

Waah! Why can't we average more than 20,000 in a game? Why doesn't DFW respect us? Why doesn't WFAA and the Morning News cover us?? Why, oh why!

Hey! Over there! A douche in a Longhorns hat! GET HIM! KICK HIS TEETH OUT AND THROW HIM OFF CAMPUS!!!!!!!!

Oh woe is us! Nobody likes us! We should be embraced by the entire metroplex!

HEY! DOUCHE! THAT'S A DICKEY ERA LOGO! GTFO OF HERE!

Call me crazy (and many people have), but I don't recall from Marketing 101 that you grow your market share by ridiculing potential customers and "calling them out" at every turn. If somebody doesn't tailgate/stand/chant/cheer/dress exactly like you do, that doesn't make their cash and their support invalid. It still spends.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Yep. If you graduated UT, then, by all means, feel free to wear your stuff to our games. I have a friend who throws a big tailgate in Austin and have been to several of them wearing my UNT shirt (hey, we were playing an away game those days!). It's funny to see the confused looks you get, especially from those who are in full blown UT gear yet never attended UT.

Call me crazy (and many people have), but I don't recall from Marketing 101 that you grow your market share by ridiculing potential customers and "calling them out" at every turn. If somebody doesn't tailgate/stand/chant/cheer/dress exactly like you do, that doesn't make their cash and their support invalid. It still spends.

Call me crazy, but if you are repping another school shirt in a NT classroom I think you deserve to be called out.

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 1

Call me crazy, but if you are repping another school shirt in a NT classroom I think you deserve to be called out.

I think you two are looking at two different scenarios:

The wayward fan who is obviously too old (or not old enough) to be a student, should be tolerated. Hey, something drew this person to the game. Maybe, just maybe, the Mean Green can win this person over!

A student at UNT repping another school is just plain wrong.

EDIT: The second point above should apply to undergrads... Basically, OldGuyStudent, you're special.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan

Well crap. I've repped another school in an NT classroom on many occasions. Guess I'd better phone myself into the fine folk at Toulouse that I've been doing it wrong and retract my application for graduation. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to refund four years of tuition to me since my ill chosen attire tainted the money so.

On a side note, this past February, I showed up at a TCU baseball game for a huge weekend series against Cal St. Fullerton. They were both top 10 programs to start the season, and we were expecting a battle royale between Matt Purke and Noe Ramirez. It was February, it was cold, and the only jacket I had was my Mean Green jacket.

As I walked through the parking lot, none other than the TCU athletic director himself made sure to openly and loudly mock me to some of his tailgating booster buddies. I walked up to him, handed him my tickets (which were a HOT item and hard to get), and told him what he could do with them.

You may or may not know that I'm a HUGE college baseball fan who is more interested in the game itself than the letters on the players' jerseys, but you can bet damn skippy I ain't going back to Ft. Worth for baseball or any other sport.

If I see somebody wearing some Mean Green thing that I like, I compliment them. If I see somebody in the stadium wearing a TCU/UT/A&M/SMU/whocaresU shirt, I'll ask how they came to attend UNT football, then perhaps ask them if they've seen the new Mean Green gift shop fully stocked with all kinds of apparel they may be interested in.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

When did UT get 100,000 seats? That's a hell of an overnight expansion.

The current official stadium seating capacity of 100,119[1] makes the stadium the largest football venue by seating capacity in the state of Texas, the largest in the Big 12 Conference, the sixth largest stadium in the NCAA and the United States, and the ninth largest non-racing stadium in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_K_Royal_%E2%80%93_Texas_Memorial_Stadium#cite_note-texassports-0