ESPN Big Ten Predictions Week 4

Harry

Brian Bennett: The Polite Green rank No. 6 in our Bottom 10 this week and are about as big a pushover as it gets in the FBS. But it's not like Indiana can just show up and beat anyone, especially on the road. The Hoosiers offense is getting a little better, though, and Ed Wright-Baker comes through in the fourth quarter. ... Indiana 35, North Texas 24

Adam Rittenberg: I worry about Indiana's young offensive line on the road, especially after false start fever last week at home. But North Texas is truly abysmal, and Indiana will find a way to prevail in Denton. ... Indiana 27, North Texas 21

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/47686/page/picks/predictions-big-ten-week-4

So, NT faced 3 undefeated teams the first 3 week, all of whom may go undefeated. We hung with Houston for a half, and held our own against the number 2 team in the nation to the point that they dropped a spot, and we're the "polit" green and about as much of a "pushover" as it gets? Lord I hate those ESPN douches. That with their pushing of the whorn tv network really makes me wish a viable nationwide competitor would arise.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I think we've seen some improvement from week 1 to week 2.

I "maybe" think we improved to week 3 because we didn't have a turnover. Other than that, what can you take out of a game we lost 41-0 and it was pretty obvious that Bamer was keeping the foot off the throttle in BOTH halves... just kept it a slow and steady ars kicking... 20 pts in the first half. 21 in the second.

Meh.

If I were an Indiana or a big "10+/-X" fan, I wouldn't look at UNT as anything but a win... UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE.

Hopefully the boys in Mean Green will prove otherwise. Then, Indiana will look at the return game as a definite loss?

Go Mean Green

I am picking the Hoosiers too. Until we can prove that we can win these kind of games, then we cannot. IU is still a Big 10 team...

They play in the Big Ten. So what? They're not big at all. They have 6 300 pounders. We have 12. They're not fast. They lost to a freaking bottom of the barrel MAC school. They gave up almost 400 yards to a freaking 1-AA school. They are the equivalent of Washington State in the Pac-10, and Iowa State in the Big 12. If their conference affiliation is the only reason you think we "can't win," then you should quit watching football. All that said, I mean no disrepect to Indiana. I hope y'all have a wonderful time in Denton, but I'm very disappointed in some of the fans on here. I don't mind if you don't think we can win, but I need to hear a better reason than "they're in the Big Ten."

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

They play in the Big Ten. So what? They're not big at all. They have 6 300 pounders. We have 12. They're not fast. They lost to a freaking bottom of the barrel MAC school. They gave up almost 400 yards to a freaking 1-AA school. They are the equivalent of Washington State in the Pac-10, and Iowa State in the Big 12. If their conference affiliation is the only reason you think we "can't win," then you should quit watching football. All that said, I mean no disrepect to Indiana. I hope y'all have a wonderful time in Denton, but I'm very disappointed in some of the fans on here. I don't mind if you don't think we can win, but I need to hear a better reason than "they're in the Big Ten."

Go Mean Green!

OK, how about that our offense has been shutout for two of our three games? I just hope all of the people predicting us to win aren't expecting us to win. I just don't think we are there yet, especially on offense.

By the way, I wouldn't compare Iowa State or Washington State to Indiana. If we were playing the first two we'd be in real trouble.

Hope i'm wrong but i'm not sold on our QBs and WRs to play well enough to open it up for the running game.

Go Mean Green!

You stole the words right out of my mouth

We get some people on here that do nothing but talk negative talk about how we

can't win, won't win, or shouldn't win. Maybe they should go to another thread

farther south down by Dallas. All this negativity makes a lot of us p.o.'d.

Go Mean Green -------------GO NORTH TEXAS

Scrappyman1

If we're just getting mad, can I formally lodge a complaint about people who feel the need to add their user name to the end of their posts? I don't get it.

Also, I think we win tomorrow.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

OK, how about that our offense has been shutout for two of our three games? I just hope all of the people predicting us to win aren't expecting us to win. I just don't think we are there yet, especially on offense.

We need to show more offensively, I agree. Well, defense too.

But just my humble opinion, I think Indiana's losses (and their win) are a lot more telling of their problems then anything our's say about us. Any tendencies or concerns we showed were interestingly mirrored in nearly every other game our 3 opponents have played. That's not to say that the concerns aren't legit, but I do think it clouds our attempts to identify who UNT is right now.

We need to show more offensively, I agree. Well, defense too.

But just my humble opinion, I think Indiana's losses (and their win) are a lot more telling of their problems then anything our's say about us. Any tendencies or concerns we showed were interestingly mirrored in nearly every other game our 3 opponents have played. That's not to say that the concerns aren't legit, but I do think it clouds our attempts to identify who UNT is right now.

Truth be told.....today is the day we find out if those losses we suffered were justified and if this team can compete with the lower Sunbelt teams.....because that is were the current IU team would rank. It will be interesting to say the least. GMG

Go Mean Green!

Well said....

I predict a North Texas Win today. I have two thoughts on this game.

1.We win but a very close game. (the home field advantage should help keep this team motivated).

2. This might just be an embarrassing game for Indiana. Why I say this....Indiana is not Purdue! They are a sub-par Big10 team playing on the road. They lost to Ball State. We've played three strong teams and the defense has hung in there better than past games. You might just see North Texas come together as a team today and win big.

GLORY TO THE GREEN!