The Diablo III Beta Is Now Live

After 3.5 years of playing I chose to not renew my WoW account and it expired this past Saturday. I slowly weaned myself off of it since June and am very proud to say that I had not logged in since August. Along with my brother and a couple friends, we did D1 & 2 for what seems like a full decade (to the point we were selling runes and open socket weapons through paypal). Starcraft was mixed in here and there but RTS's just weren't the same. I'm currently giving Starcraft 2 the opportunity that I didn't give it last year while also attempting to rejoin the console world. Red Dead Redemption has been my xbox project for the past couple weeks and it has been wonderful.

I'm sure D3 will be delayed a few more times (like all blizzard products) but we may see a finished product by Spring or Summer. I last saw a New Year's Eve release date, that or earlier would be a miracle.

SW: Old Republic will be coming out in less than 2 months but I fear trying non-Blizzard products (if you ever tried guild wars, EQ, or galaxies you know what i'm talking about).

• Upvote 1

After 3.5 years of playing I chose to not renew my WoW account and it expired this past Saturday. I slowly weaned myself off of it since June and am very proud to say that I had not logged in since August. Along with my brother and a couple friends, we did D1 & 2 for what seems like a full decade (to the point we were selling runes and open socket weapons through paypal). Starcraft was mixed in here and there but RTS's just weren't the same. I'm currently giving Starcraft 2 the opportunity that I didn't give it last year while also attempting to rejoin the console world. Red Dead Redemption has been my xbox project for the past couple weeks and it has been wonderful.

I'm sure D3 will be delayed a few more times (like all blizzard products) but we may see a finished product by Spring or Summer. I last saw a New Year's Eve release date, that or earlier would be a miracle.

SW: Old Republic will be coming out in less than 2 months but I fear trying non-Blizzard products (if you ever tried guild wars, EQ, or galaxies you know what i'm talking about).

A really well done walk through

Watch the Entire Diablo III Beta

• Upvote 3

• 7 months later...

i played during the free beta weekend while blizzard experimented with server capacity. I hate to make the claim that this game might ruin marriages but it seems like it will have a lot of depth and will continue an entertaining story. My only fear is that it might be a little too much like diablo 2.

Starcraft 2 simply couldnt break the shadow of its predecessor by making the graphics a little more 3D. It was still the exact same game and it didn't take long for Americans to move on to something else. The type of gamers that can stick with one game for months (or years) might end up demanding a little more imagination after spending so much time on the previous versions. There is a reason why WoW's sales and subscriptions are plummeting and it's mainly because people (like me) got tired of repeating the same tasks in every expansion. This formula has always worked great for console games (example - Call of rainbow las vegas duty solid modern recon black-ops ghost warfare part 70) and i'm still guaranteed to buy every rockstar or halo game.

I'll be at gamestop at midnight for the release and I still plan to be at work the next morning.

• 2 weeks later...