Indiana Prediction Thread

cl_1_2008

Well fellas it's about that time. I know most of you don't have as much confidence in us as I do, or have way too much confidence in Indiana(looking at you, Vito), but I will go on the record first. I guarantee that we win this game. It's tough to get a true feel for our team considering the opposition we have faced so far, but I have seen some things I liked(Brelan Chancellor, better tackling), and some things I didn't(the Tebow package). After doing my research, I expect both offenses to be able to move the football. I understand that Indiana is a Big Ten team, but this isn't your average Big Ten team. They're rebuilding just like us. Their cupboard was left a lot more bare than ours(they don't have Lance Dunbar). So, I'm going on the record with this score.

UNT 48

IU 31

Offensively, Lance Dunbar is back. 200+ all purpose yards with 3+ TDs. Derek Thompson throws for 2 TDs and 200+ yards. Defensively, we give up a lot of yards, but make the key stops when we need to. Our defense registers 4 sacks and 3 turnovers. Oh, and we score a TD on defense or special teams. The Mean Green go to Tulsa with a full head of steam, and with an injury-plagued Tulsa team, look to make it 2-3 heading into the rest of our conference games. This ship is about to turn, and it's about to turn much quicker than most of you think. Just watch.

• Upvote 2

Well fellas it's about that time. I know most of you don't have as much confidence in us as I do, or have way too much confidence in Indiana(looking at you, Vito), but I will go on the record first. I guarantee that we win this game. It's tough to get a true feel for our team considering the opposition we have faced so far, but I have seen some things I liked(Brelan Chancellor, better tackling), and some things I didn't(the Tebow package). After doing my research, I expect both offenses to be able to move the football. I understand that Indiana is a Big Ten team, but this isn't your average Big Ten team. They're rebuilding just like us. Their cupboard was left a lot more bare than ours(they don't have Lance Dunbar). So, I'm going on the record with this score.

UNT 48

IU 31

Offensively, Lance Dunbar is back. 200+ all purpose yards with 3+ TDs. Derek Thompson throws for 2 TDs and 200+ yards. Defensively, we give up a lot of yards, but make the key stops when we need to. Our defense registers 4 sacks and 3 turnovers. Oh, and we score a TD on defense or special teams. The Mean Green go to Tulsa with a full head of steam, and with an injury-plagued Tulsa team, look to make it 2-3 heading into the rest of our conference games. This ship is about to turn, and it's about to turn much quicker than most of you think. Just watch.

I want some of this kool-aid

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think that the 12th man will carry us through the first half again, but I'm not sure they can do it themselves in the second. There is definitely improvement from week to week so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time. I'd like to see some shots down field this time but suspect we will stay on the ground unfortunately :(

NT 27

IU 24

This post has been promoted to an article

The crowd will be there the second half. I do not foresee people leaving after halftime in a close game. Further, if its a close game I believe the crowd will be louder in the second half.

The crowd will certainly not leave a close game. The crowd for the game against UH did not disperse until it started slipping away.

Oh, the prediction:

Indiana - 31

North Texas - 45

Edited by Mean Green Matt

UNT 48

IU 31

How can you guarantee a win when "it's tough to get a true feel for our team?" That confuses me. And where the HECK are you finding 48 points!?!?!?! WOW

NT- 27

IU- 20

• Upvote 1

Who?

Lance and Hamilton in the same backfield with Byrd to spell each of them . DT throws to TE and Brelan, Outlaw & Co. just enough to keep IU from stacking the box. Like all Big Ten teams IU will be big to combat late season artic conditions in the Midwest. Like all Big Ten teams they will also be painfully SLOW. We will look like we have the speed of FIU & AL against these midwest clod hoppers. :goodjob:

UNT 35

IU 20

• Upvote 2

I have been dinged for speaking the truth, but here goes.

Unfortunately, this will be the game that sets the tempo for the season....but not in a good way.

Indiana, I believe, will have a good game and will win this one folks.

Although we expect Byrd, Hamilton, and Dunbar to have a good game...I think we only get about 150 total rushing yards. Also, the defense will be scorched again for over 300 yards of total offense. We should probably stick with DT, but will continue to play QB carousel to the detriment of the team. Brelan Chancellor will be the one bright spot, again, on offense and also score a ST TD. I think that will be the only TD of the game.

FINAL SCORE: UNT 13, IU 28

Until we can prove that we can win these type of games, I do not trust that we can. Can I be optimistic? Sure...but this team has to prove they can be winners.

I hate to say it folks...but be prepared for a 1-2 win season...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This is going to be a good game. I think these teams are pretty evenly matched. I anticipate Apogee going nuts to see such a good game with UNT in it until the end. We, as fans, can carry the Mean Green to a win this week! Show up and do your part!

YELL.LOUD. during 3rd/4th downs when IU has the ball. SHUT.UP. on 3rd & 4th downs when the Mean Green has the ball.

The offense will find a groove this week and explode. The defense should be rested enough during the 4th quarter to hold off the late IU charge.

Mean Green: 31

Hoosiers: 27

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1