Cell Phone Service at Apogee

Tree

I could not place a call in the new stadium. Texts seem to work but the network was maxed out. I have MetroPCS. Did you have any luck with your wireless provider? Hopefully Apogee the company can help with the wireless network in the future. I know they don't have anything to do with the cell phone network but it would be nice to have a fast wireless connection to update social network sites.

Sprint was working great but they share towers with Verizon. No problems at all with texts or calls, data was a little slow. In the AA center, Sprint works great and ATT sucks. At the Ballpark in Arlington its the exact opposite, Sprint is spotty in the actual park ..OK in the concourse and ATT works good inside but not out. Its the placement of the towers, the frequency, and the carrier. Metro piggybacks on the old iDen network i think (Nextel and other pre paid) and is sometimes strong but not in crowded places.

AT&T was a struggle all day. Tweets took forever and some never made it. Hope they can improve on this.

I doubt it will change any time soon if at all :( It's the same in College Station on game day. You might as well not even think about picking up your phone. (AT&T anyway)

This has been a problem at sporting events, concerts and group gatherings for more than a decade. Lucky for me, AT&T customers have it the worst. No problems at any games since I switched to Verizon/Droid.

Congratulations guys, you just learned something neat about cellular coverage in large crowds. Let's hope it continues to be a problem all season long.

• Upvote 1