DT Terell Brooks

UNTLifer

Someone mentioned this in another thread, and I was curious about his absence as well. Anyone have any news?

It is a little disturbing in that he was not suited up, nor could I spot him in street clothes on the sidelines. Considering that we needed as many big bodies as we could get in the D-trenches Saturday night and had already burned his redshirt at FIU, his absence seems a real mystery. Maybe Vito can find out.

What? maybe we'll find out more during Coach Mac's radio show this evening. I don't understand this, but maybe their is a family or school issue that is pressing enough that it needs his full attention. I wish young Mr. Brooks well, and thank him for his service to the Mean green. I do, however, hope that we see him back with the Mean Green. You never know. I hope, whatever the reason is, that he is OK.

God speed, Terrel. The Mean green nation both thanks you and will miss your contribution.

• Upvote 2

I don't know how this works, but can we immediately give his scholly to a walk-on or someone who's actually devoted to turning this thing around?

Unfortunately no, this is not a scholarship that you can immediately replace. We could replace it during the next signing period but here is nothing we could do for right now.

This is in no way a knock on anyone, but I think this is the byproduct of not having a full recruiting season. When coaches come in mid way into the process, sometimes there just isn't enough time to do all your homework, and maybe there was something there that coaches didn't know about, work ethic, discipline issues, committment issues, etc.

With that being said, this could be family, health, or some other very credible reason related, I am just so caught off guard that I am grasping at straws, and I know some of the issues other coaches with new teams have had when trying to put a recruiting class together in a short amount of time signing players that have talent, but for some other reason have issues the prevent them from living up to their potential.

This is a big loss, say what you will...this one hurts

• Upvote 1